Wallace has been \is the problem. | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Wallace has been \is the problem.

Wallace is becoming a more upscale version of Teddy Ginn. He needs to sit at the feet of Brandon Gibson and learn how to fight for the ball and then head north South.

Oh and anyone who wants to cut or trade Gibson, the best 2012 3rd and touch down completion percentage for receivers who played outside for those Rams, GYFS !

I dont have the game on(missed the first quarter and by the time i got back Tannehill had been pulled), but i agree. Im pleased with the general consensus that Gibson has bounced back from his injury, that was a concern.

When we signed him i thought he was just a fair player who had been given a fair contract. I figured he was more than depth but less than a starter. I was wrong. Hes proven to be pretty good and if he can stay healthy(which is not to say i think hes injury prone, but we still need him for a full season) then he absolutely deserves a bump in pay, $3 million is to low for him.
Wallace, on the other hand, is a mercenary. We knew this was a possibility when we signed him. He made it very clear he was all about the money. Well, sure enough, he got paid and now hes in cruise control mode. I have that Derrelle Revis pick burned into my memory, you could almost hear Wallace's thought process while it all happened "I could leap up and knock it down..." *begins to make a move* "...eh, theyll probably snag it, whatever" *gives up*. Incompetence can be corrected, but theres no cure for apathy.

In hindsight, we really should have seen this coming. After collecting a couple solid players in the late rounds but constantly busting on 2nd round picks, nailing a low signing but misjudging a premier signing is just so thoroughly "Ireland". Extend Gibson, let Landry and Matthews develop, spend a high round pick on a receiver next draft(preferably one with some real size, 6-3 or 6-4) and we have ourselves a nice lineup going forward. Cutting our losses with Wallace and selling Hartline for a mid round pick would allow us to create some cap room and land us a much needed pick.

Also, Wallace will be in motion and running many more plays this year. He'll get SO open a few times even Tanny can't miss him.

He's been kicking ass all preseason and TC.
He has been ****ting.

Preseason means nothing. Also, Wallace his who he is. He had great success prior to his work with Tannehill.

Wallace lets the ball get into his body, he doesn't use his hands. Terrible drop.

roethislisberger did it consistently...i have a hard time believing that wallace came here and forgot how to catch and get open. Ryan Tannehill has a lot of work to do. However I do believe he will hit wallace deep at least once each game.. They seem pretty aggressive with it this year in this offense.

Speed & the deep ball is overrated unless you are the 1982 Raiders.

Did the potent Patriots O a few yrs ago have a speed WR? The donkeys did not last yr.

The 99/2000 Rams did and Az-Zahir Hakim (their speed guy) was the #3 WR.

Maaaan, those of you talking about Mike Wallace's past (WV included) need to go back and watch his highlights with Pittsburgh. It was said before Wallace's first season with the Dolphins that he is not a typical deep route receiver, and there was plenty of caution given from the media about expecting Wallace to be that kind of receiver. Speed or no speed, Wallace is an open field receiver who is good at taking advantage of defenses that have fallen apart. I watched a lot of his highlights and noted that Big Ben's knack for hanging onto the ball and scrambling opened up some big plays. You look at Wallace's 2012 season, though, and tell me that is somehow Ryan Tannehill's fault. It wasn't, because Ben Roethlisberger was still Wallace's QB and Mike did not light the world on fire that year, so don't come on here talking about Ryan Tannehill not being good enough for Mike Wallace because Big Ben apparently wasn't in 2012 either.

Mike Wallace can make a deep pass look overthrown, because he stumbles and he adjusts his stride. You have seen Mike Wallace going down the field wide open and get overtaken by a DB while the ball sails just out of his reach. If Wallace is so fast, why does he get caught on nearly all these deep routes? Why does he never find an extra gear to get to these passes? And if he is a body catcher, why are we trying to go deep to him? Are we seriously trying to drop one into the basket 40 yards through the air?

Mike Wallace is a one hit wonder and has alligator arms. Plus he is week and easily thrown of his route. His stats with Big Ben in 2012 and RT in 2013 are pretty much the same. THE YPC are 13 for both 2012 and 2013. If Wallace doesn't beat you deep he is pretty much a chickin sh**...

Cherry picking stats I see. Sadly for you, Wallace's accomplishments can be googled.

Maaaan, those of you talking about Mike Wallace's past (WV included) need to go back and watch his highlights with Pittsburgh. It was said before Wallace's first season with the Dolphins that he is not a typical deep route receiver, and there was plenty of caution given from the media about expecting Wallace to be that kind of receiver. Speed or no speed, Wallace is an open field receiver who is good at taking advantage of defenses that have fallen apart. I watched a lot of his highlights and noted that Big Ben's knack for hanging onto the ball and scrambling opened up some big plays. You look at Wallace's 2012 season, though, and tell me that is somehow Ryan Tannehill's fault. It wasn't, because Ben Roethlisberger was still Wallace's QB and Mike did not light the world on fire that year, so don't come on here talking about Ryan Tannehill not being good enough for Mike Wallace because Big Ben apparently wasn't in 2012 either.

Mike Wallace can make a deep pass look overthrown, because he stumbles and he adjusts his stride. You have seen Mike Wallace going down the field wide open and get overtaken by a DB while the ball sails just out of his reach. If Wallace is so fast, why does he get caught on nearly all these deep routes? Why does he never find an extra gear to get to these passes? And if he is a body catcher, why are we trying to go deep to him? Are we seriously trying to drop one into the basket 40 yards through the air?

You are basing your whole opinion on highlights? Seriously.

Wallace was horrible in 2012 for the Steelers. Fans couldn't wait to get rid of him.

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/...ing-and-what-it-means-for-steelers-wr-in-2013

You do understand that 2012 was the first year of having Todd Haley as the new OC in Pitts right. Where he put more emphasis on short quick throws so Big Ben wouldn't take the pounding he was taking.

You people point to rags like bleacher report and ignore things that don't fit your narrative. Silly really. Google is your friend.

You do understand that 2012 was the first year of having Todd Haley as the new OC in Pitts right. Where he put more emphasis on short quick throws so Big Ben wouldn't take the pounding he was taking.

You people point to rags like bleacher report and ignore things that don't fit your narrative. Silly really. Google is your friend.

Oh so you mean they were adapting to a changing NFL where speedsters are a dying breed and big bodied wide receivers that actually fight for the ball are a commodity? Good on them. It's a shame our FO wasn't ready to adapt yet.

You point out that they were emphasizing an offense with quick short throws so Ben wasn't taking a beating but honestly expect (especially after tonight) to be able to keep Tannehill upright for deep throws to develop?

I wonder if Gibson, Matthews and Landry are the best WR's on this team?????

They are. Wallace is a 1-trick-pony...it is a neat trick...but I would trade him for an all-pro RG right now...

Back
Top Bottom