Wallace says T-hill throws longer deep ball than Big Ben. | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Wallace says T-hill throws longer deep ball than Big Ben.

It could be true. However, big ben creates a lot of plays by making time with his feet and pump fakes, (of course he takes a lot of sacks and a beating too). Maybe just playing catch Tannehill is better, but until we see him consistently complete the deep ball and until they work more deep passes into the system, we'll have to defer to big ben as a proven deep pass guy.

Consider this...alot of those near miss long balls last year to Hartline would probably be right on the money to Wallace with his speed....we'll see.

I live in Pittsburgh and see the games all the time Rothlisberger is far from elite hes been carried by the team around him for years esp the D and as far as his deep ball he constantly under threw wallace!

I didn't say he was an elite QB, though I think he's close to that. I said he has an elite deep ball, because he does.

I didn't say he was an elite QB, though I think he's close to that. I said he has an elite deep ball, because he does.

No where near elite the steelers D keeps him in every game thats why they win with whoevers back there Im not saying hes bad but if he wasnt on the steelers he wouldnt even be talked about dudes made 1 probowl and the other got in only cause brady sat out hes severly overated never wins when the D lets up over 20 points let alone he won a super bowl with the worst QB rating in the history of any superbowl which proves my point yet he got his ring though and the other super bowl if it wasnt for James Harrison getting a pick 6 before the half he gets blown out that game again the D saving his ass! And for his deep ball obv you dont watch the games theres so many times he under throws wallace where he has to slow down big time and even on the ones he connects look at wallace hes rarely still in stride always has to slow down thats not an elite deep ball like brady, rodgers, brees ect. Prob why he said Tanny has a better deep ball cause he hits him on the money........Time will tell with Tanny but I think Roethlisberger is extremely overated hes never had a bad team around him since hes been in the league (Nobodys had an easier situation) and always had the best D year in and year out even though you may disagree.

No where near elite the steelers D keeps him in every game thats why they win with whoevers back there Im not saying hes bad but if he wasnt on the steelers he wouldnt even be talked about dudes made 1 probowl and the other got in only cause brady sat out hes severly overated never wins when the D lets up over 20 points let alone he won a super bowl with the worst QB rating in the history of any superbowl which proves my point yet he got his ring though and the other super bowl if it wasnt for James Harrison getting a pick 6 before the half he gets blown out that game again the D saving his ass! And for his deep ball obv you dont watch the games theres so many times he under throws wallace where he has to slow down big time and even on the ones he connects look at wallace hes rarely still in stride always has to slow down thats not an elite deep ball like brady, rodgers, brees ect. Prob why he said Tanny has a better deep ball cause he hits him on the money........Time will tell with Tanny but I think Roethlisberger is extremely overated hes never had a bad team around him since hes been in the league (Nobodys had an easier situation) and always had the best D year in and year out even though you may disagree.

Being this strident against Roethlisberger hurts your credibility on this issue, imo.

Either way I'm comfortable in my eval of his abilites.

Big Ben's arm strength is overrated. Terribly overrated. I remember seeing him at a QB competition, and he and Brees threw about the same distance. Tannehill has a stronger arm. That's not putting Tannehill in the top tier in that category, but he throws with more pop than Ben.

I'd believe it, I thought it looked like Ben underthrew Wallace a lot. and yes he's big, but he's not in the most amazing shape, Tannehill is prolly pretty ripped.

Being this strident against Roethlisberger hurts your credibility on this issue, imo.

Either way I'm comfortable in my eval of his abilites.

Well yeah I mean I think hes overated based off what Ive seen not cause Im hating on him I see all of the games and he under throws wallace alot.....If the D doesnt hold teams under 20 points he rarely wins unlike your bradys, rodgers, brees ect and hes had a better situation then all of them..

This was such a simply thing, and we've made it a major issue.. The question is can Tanny throw farther than Big Ben, Mike thinks he can, based on his statement.. And what's to argue with.. Then people add accuracy, others say he can't.. then we get into who've proven it...this doesn't make any sense, all the guy said, and it's his opinion, was that Tanny throws farther.. None of us can argue that..he's the only one out of all of us who can say.. And he didn't have to say that..but he did..argue with him as to why..we shouldn't have a 50 page thread on weather he's telling the truth. Man, I tell you, we find something to argue about no matter who says it.. the guy who caught balls from both of them, and us who haven't caught a ball from either QB...Whom should we believe..our assessments or his?

Not sure if this even applies but, Tanny's career long pass play is 80yds so far as opposed to Big Ben's 95yds (not in the air but from scrimmage) FWIW. There are alot of factors that play into those stats though. I'd give the edge to Ben at THIS point.

Last edited by a moderator:
False statement: Omar or Wallace never stated that T-Hill throws a longer deep ball the only thing that was stated is that Wallace said T-Hill has a cannon

Well Tanny's career long pass play is 80yds so far as opposed to Big Ben's 95yds FWIW. There are alot of factors that play into those stats though. I'd give the edge to Ben at THIS point.

So Big Ben threw a ball 95 yards through the air???

So Big Ben threw a ball 95 yards through the air???

Not what I said, those are the longest pass plays from scrimmage. I was just throwing out those stats as they have not been presented yet. Also I went on to say that alot of factors go into that number.

[video=youtube;52rBzeuWAmE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=52rBzeuWAmE[/video]
[video=youtube;arKd8qnPB-I]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=arKd8qnPB-I[/video]

Last edited by a moderator:
Back
Top Bottom