Wallace says T-hill throws longer deep ball than Big Ben. | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Wallace says T-hill throws longer deep ball than Big Ben.

[video=youtube;52rBzeuWAmE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=52rBzeuWAmE[/video]
[video=youtube;arKd8qnPB-I]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=arKd8qnPB-I[/video]

Interesting, they both threw the ball roughly 40 yards on those plays...

After looking at mike Wallace highlights .he had to stop for a lot of big Ben passes..go and YouTube and see for your self

T
As much as I would like to believe that, I don't. Big Ben is huge and has a cannon. Tanne can sling it for sure but this seems more like standard new WR talk. B Marshall was the one who was saying Chad Henne threw a more catch-able ball then his previous QB when he first got here.
Watcha talkin bout Willis

There's no reason to think Tannehill doesn't have a good long ball. It's too bad Ireland felt like he should go through his critical rookie season without a receiver fast enough to get deep and catch it. Let's hope Wallace fixes that problem (though now we have to worry about the line being able to give Tannehill enough time to make the throw).

I think as a new player who is trying to be positive you look for something that is true that can say to help perception. Wallace didn't say he thought RT was a BETTER QB, just that he can throw it further. I would lay down even money that if you had Ben and Ryan both throw for distance, at this point in their careers, Ryan could throw it further than Ben. I might lose but I would take that bet. It would be close but I would go with Ryan.

you know what ? i would 2nd that bet , just because BIG BEN is ,has more weight than Tanny dosent mean squat , Tanny isnt no little kid , and i would bet that he could throw as far as ben can , weight dont have one thing as far as throwin the ball , maybe slows your deep ball down , but Tanny just has the right size to have a cannon . id take that bet 2.

Michael Vick probably has a stronger arm than either player and it doesnt matter one bit lol

It's not how far the ball can go in the air, but how well it can find a receiver. Henne could throw the ball about as far as Pennington and Moore combined, and they were dramatically better at throwing the deep ball (in the case of Pennington, that really is just sad).

---------- Post added at 01:59 AM ---------- Previous post was at 01:58 AM ----------

After looking at mike Wallace highlights .he had to stop for a lot of big Ben passes..go and YouTube and see for your self

That's not necessarily an arm strength issue.

According to Omar's twitter, Wallace stated that Tannehill has a stronger arm than Big Ben in regards to throwing a longer deep ball. Doesnt really mean or say much but thought that it was a pretty cool little fun fact to hear from Wallace himself in regards to RT's arm strength.

Well to give the opinion of a Qb that we all know and love, Dan Marino. Danny said that distance is over-rated but arm strength a qb needs armstrength. To be able to fit the ball into tight spaces. Im pretty sure Danny could never out throw all of the Qbs down range but he would bet his arm against the DBs body all day and for the better part of his career Danny won. Jeff George could absolutely sling a football. He could throw it forever. No one wanted Jeff George to lead their team to victory. Im not sure of the wins but I think he only had 44 NFL victories in a 12 year career. So not even 4 victories a year on average. Dont get me wrong I think Tannehill is going to be a very good QB but distance is way over-rated.

Let's hope they can get their timing down when Wallace start's running full speed lol.

Back
Top Bottom