Wallace traded to Minnesota | Page 10 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Wallace traded to Minnesota

Status
Not open for further replies.
This is the first thing our office has done that I dont agree with. Should of kept him or at least got a 2nd-3rd that could go up based on performance.

The contract that a team would have to take on de-valued him through a trade. No one woulda given a second or third for him based on that and the fact he's not a top 15 WR in this league.

This is the first thing our office has done that I dont agree with. Should of kept him or at least got a 2nd-3rd that could go up based on performance.

You make it seem like a 2nd or 3rd Rd pick was even possible. It wasn't...so they didn't.

Brandon Marshall was an overpaid headcase when we unloaded him 2 years ago and we got 2 2nd round picks for him. Yeah he has more talent than Wallace, but only getting a 5th (and giving up a 7th) is a pretty crappy trade. I'd rather have one season of Wallace and the 7th rd pick than the $5.5 million we are saving towards 2015 and the 5th. And if we kept him til next year we still could have traded him then.

Jason La Canfora ‏@JasonLaCanfora
Wallace had fallen out of favor with the coaching staff and his $12M/yr deal was a bust there. Addition by subtraction and more cap space...

this trade wasnt about return, when they brought in stills they were gonna either cut or trade wallace, so really we got a with and cap space instead of dead money. That money could bring a starting Guard, Corner, LB, bring back clay. The 5th was just a formality.

Hartline, Wallace, and Gibson gone. Stills is in.

There has to be another WR signing if it isn't in the draft.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom