Wallace traded to Minnesota | Page 28 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Wallace traded to Minnesota

Status
Not open for further replies.
Can't say I'm on board with this move for a 5th.

Unless this is opening up cap for more moves (Clay) another WR.

Don't know about this one.

And by trading versus cutting him we got more cap room

I'm just concerned about our ability to really stretch the field now. I know stills has some speed and had a high avg last year, but the saints also had talent. What's the play when he's a primary focus of safety help over the top? Hopefully the FO has a few tricks up their sleeve.

Hopefully hes the 3rd wr and everything doesnt go thru him and he doesnt have a problem running decoy routes at times...but yeah you right teams gonna make him prove that they need to respect him...i know wallace was a pain but he got all those stop route opportunities and easy yards cause the opposition respected him and was threatened by him...thats how you end up with all that 8 and 10 yards off coverage to exploit

We already had room for clay.

We just lost our only true double coverage weapon.

We already had room for clay.

We just lost our only true double coverage weapon.

If cameron stays healthy hes gonna command plenty of attention...this team needs one more piece at wr and it needs to be able to dictate to coverage

Im a little worried about stills not becoming a pain in the ass too...

I understand Cameron will command attention. But shipping out the one guy on the squad that makes defenses take a step back and game plan to stop him. Pulling coverage and leaving others man on man for a 5th?

I think the FO got cute on this one.

How about  Stefen Wisniewski. If we have plans of moving on from Pouncy I'd sign him and leave Pouncy at guard until he leaves

I think what is interesting is RT is now going to have a group of his receivers. I think it is evolving into a group that fits his skill set.

I was worried most about dumping Wallace and not finding a suitable replacement for his qualities. Tannenbaum call through by trading for Stills. The move is stealth by creating needed cap room and perhaps creating a mismatch at the TE position for the team.

This teams also very small at wr...that last piece needs to have size and some red zone win ability on iso routes

If cameron stays healthy hes gonna command plenty of attention...this team needs one more piece at wr and it needs to be able to dictate to coverage

Im a little worried about stills not becoming a pain in the ass too...

Cut him. This isn't Mike Wallace numbers we're dealing with.

The hidden beauty in this is the value/opportunity we get to develop our own potential Wallace while he is cheap. If he causes problems, show him the door and not have to worry about Minnesota bailing us out again.

There is some irony in play with today. Saddled with bad contracts for underperforming talent, we get bailed out indirectly by 2 of our former GMs.

People are concerned with what we gave up, but are not fully appreciating how much of a jam (now and in the next 2 years) we just got bailed out.

We payed an opportunity cost to right our financial ship. All in all, it was a good day.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom