Wannstedts' poor drafts killing us now | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Wannstedts' poor drafts killing us now

Originally posted by PhinsmissedFG
Deuce is not even in ricky's league. If you think otherwise you're in the minority.

Maybe in the minority around here....but there's no way ricky is in deuce's league...I'll take the guy with 6 straight 100yrd games...2 99 yrd games prior to that....Deuce has had 1 bad game this year......ricky has had....ummm....how many games have you played this year? There's no comparison.

Aaron Brooks is terrible and I can find quite a few articles that says the front office thinks so too.

Link? I'd like to see that. Aaron is a very good QB. I believe he's been a pro bowl alternate the past two seasons.....his stats have been pretty good......and he led this team to it's first playoff victory, with no weapons on offense a few years back.

One of the players you have starting for you is a castaway in Jacox. Riley is decent but isn't as good as Wade. Gandy is good but in two years I think Wade Smith will be better.

Jacox played at an all-pro level last year. Riley is solid.....It doesn't matter who will be better than Gandy in two years....we already have his replacement waiting in the wings....2nd round pick Jon Stinchcomb. Our line is going to be solid for years to come.

O-line is the only place you can go and say your team has as much talent, come on man the Phins are loaded. They just have no coach. It has nothing to do with drafts and everything to do with coaches.
I'll give you defense...but I'll take our entire offense over yours....except TE.....I'll take our special teams as well. Bottom line is the W's...and your team has done no better than mine.

I'll take drafts that net us one superstar every year over drafts that net three or four starters who are decent.
Chambers and McMike will be in several Pro bowls and neither cost a first. Ricky will be in several Pro Bowls and will do better than just about any first rounder in the next five years.

I'll take that production.
We have more than 2 players out of the last 4yrs that will be in pro bowls....i see Lecharles Bentley, Charles Grant, and Donte' Stallworth going to some for sure....Deuce has already been there....and will be back soon....as for ricky....i don't see it happening this year.

You're way too numbers hungry. First off, the Saints offense is much more wide open and less ball control than the Phins is. This leads to the defense not stacking the line as they do against the Phins. It's hard to run no matter how good you are if you're being tackled by five guys in the backfield. Ricky is better and when I say minority, I mean by league scouts and general managers.

Brooks has been noted by many insiders as guy the front office hasn't liked much. He can't lead the team, you can have him for sure.

Grant is not a Pro Bowler, Jacox played at a Pro Bowl level to whom? I haven't seen that mentioned by anyone but you. I know you aren't going to go into W's, this team has won more games thany anyone since 1970, this includes the Saints.

Originally posted by PhinsmissedFG
You're way too numbers hungry. First off, the Saints offense is much more wide open and less ball control than the Phins is. This leads to the defense not stacking the line as they do against the Phins. It's hard to run no matter how good you are if you're being tackled by five guys in the backfield.

The Saints are more wide open? How do you figure? You don't even know what you're talking about. The saints are passing for about 200yrds a game right now...the dolphins are passing for 180yrds...the saints are running the ball 27 times a game...the dolphins 29 times a game...sounds pretty similar to me.

The difference is Deuce has 871 yards, 4.5 yard average and Ricky has 660yrds, 3.4 yard average.

Ricky is better and when I say minority, I mean by league scouts and general managers.

OK...so you're putting words in the mouths of league scouts and GMs.

Brooks has been noted by many insiders as guy the front office hasn't liked much. He can't lead the team, you can have him for sure.
What insider? You? All i'm asking is that you backup your claim...If the Saints wanted another QB....They would have one....We've had Jeff Blake, Jake Delhomme and Marc Bulger on our team in recent years...they are all starting elsewhere now.

Grant is not a Pro Bowler, Jacox played at a Pro Bowl level to whom? I haven't seen that mentioned by anyone but you.

Grant will be a pro bowler...this is just his 2nd year....first year as a full-time starter. He had 7 sacks last year...and only started half the season. He has 6 sacks with 7 games to go this year. He's a stud...and will be a pro bowler in the future. As for Jacox....That's my opinion. Jacox and Bentley played at a pro bowl level last year in my eyes. Unfortunately that's a difficult claim to backup since their are really no offensive line stats. I feel OL is the toughest spot to make it on the pro bowl team...but once you make a name for yourself...it's easy to go back....there were times when i wasn't sure Roaf deserved to go to the pro bowl....but he was a lock every year.

I know you aren't going to go into W's, this team has won more games thany anyone since 1970, this includes the Saints.
[/QUOTE]
W's by the CURRENT team....as in this year and last....it's about even.

Back
Top Bottom