Want a laugh??? Read this | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Want a laugh??? Read this

You guys really want to get into this?

I'm always up to using the facts to argue, but for now I'll just say, the Patriots won the Super Bowl last year. The Patriots!! They were not predicted higher than 15th in the league anywhere.So for you to say the Jets have no shot at the division is ignorant.

For you to assume that because the Patriots won the division last season that you will is equally ignorant. I have not said that it isn't possible. I just personally believe it is improbable. You all just have too many ?'s right now......

Jets are a solid team who will end up being #2 in the afc east and have a shot at the wild card.They will have a decent offense and the changes on the D will pay off.It all depends on how fast their D gels togerther.If the Dolphins don't stop the streak then we will be the one's fighting for that wild card but I know this year is going ot changed.:D

my predictions

1.Miami 13-3 lossing @Jets@GreenBay@Minnesota (We take one from Jets to end the streak :D)
2.Jets 10-6
3.Buffalo 8-8
4.Patriots 7-9

BMarion...
I do not assume the Jets will win the division because the Patriots did. I don't expect you to either. My point was that you cannot count somebody out in the preseason. I believe someone said that the Jets have no chance at the division, and I was responding to that.

Possibly, but I have serious doubts about that secondary. Those 'backers are solid on paper, but Cowart has been the "invisible man" while Mo Lewis is getting up there in age. Testaverde isn't even practicing yet. How is that team going to finish 2nd in the AFC East when Tesaverde isn't even practicing yet? Lastly, I don't think we split the Jets this season, I see a sweep. After ending the streak Sept. 22, our guys will have their confidence back, and that is all they need. I see them finishing 3rd or 4th, depending on how well the Pats do......

Also, I'm in no way talking smack, cuz it may seem that way. I just think the Bills have improved more than the Jets. The Jets will definately be competitive, but just not as much as some may think......

Actually Beasly and Abraham are an upgrade over Coleman and Glen.Yeah, people bring the fact Donnie was benched but he only started 5 games and ended up with 6 int last season.Donnie will be back at a pro bowl level and he more than makes up for the loss of Glen.Beasly is an underated Cb who will be flat out upgrade over Coleman.Mickens will have that Nickel coverage and he aint bad either.They took a big risk on Cowart but if he remains helthy ............Watch out...Their biggest question mark is their offense.Offensive line banged up and who knows if they can ever get West coast offense working.I think their D and Curtis will carry the Jets...

I think both of our arguements have merit. Their season pretty much depends on Vinny, wherein lies the problem......

whats really funny.........

about that whole post, was his reference to the basement dwelling dolphins. THE FINS HAVE ONLY FINISHED LAST, TWICE IN THEIR ILLUSTRIOUS CAREER! 1969 and 1988. what a friggin rube! he can't be more than 14.:rolleyes:

Look we all know the Jits have question marks. But you think the Phins don't? Oue O-line looks horrid. We don't know who the TE will be. (I'm sure they have some promising guy at a few positions we aren't talking about either.)

I really don't think Abraham is an upgrade over Glenn at all. He is very good. Over Coleman yes. Curtis Martin is a stud and I really liked Jordan coming out of college. Their O-line has more talent than ours, and they have some solid LB's.

As with everything health will play a issue. I do believe the Phins have more talent and will win the division, but I don't think we'll be going 15-1 or anything like and I do see weaknesses that can't be over looked. The Jits just have more ?'s and weaknesses at this point to expect them to win it all.

But before each of the last 3 season's...who had the Rams,Ravens,and Patsies as their SB winners?

jets shouldn't even whisper superbowl....

you also have to remember jet boy that if the ref makes the right call against the raiders, there is no superbowl for the pats. they really shouldn't have been there. in all fact, they lost that raider game.

so had that ref not blown it, the pats would have just been another nice liitle overachiever story. [still are really]

ther are just to many factors involved on the pats or another team like that getting to the bowl. how many teams with marginal talent and a bum qb win the superbowl every year? it is the exception, not the rule. midiocre teams just are not a threat to win it all.

which is why NO ONE, out side of you jet homers, even mentions the word superbowl in the same breath as the new york jets.

brooke shields could fall out of the sky on my face, could happen, but.................

:monkey: on the jets!

the one thing i can say about the super bowl, the pat defense really put it to warner. i've never seen that dude look so confused! he didn't know whether to scratch his watch or wind his butt!

pats........................

no doubt. they made the most of there trip to the bowl and it was the coaching job of the century, but....................

they lost to the raiders. shouldn't have been there. there probably 3 or so other teams that had they got there, could have beaten the rams.

pats won that game, unquestionably, but they lost to the raiders and shoudn't have been there. not every midiocre team is going to get the same kind of break.

Some of you guys are being very rational about this, but some of the others... You have this opinion that the Dolphins are easily Super Bowl bound, while the Jets are nowhere near that level. NO. Now who knows what will really happen? But from a talent standpoint, many of you guys greatly underestimate the Jets, and you will find that out soon enough.

Talent is not a question on that team, at most positions. Honestly, if you believe Testaverde is going to lead you to the playoffs, then there is nothing we can do for you. The guy is very limited in what he can do. Well, he seems to throw picks really well, but thats outside the point. Regardless, you need good QB play to win the SB, and you all won't have that. He isn't even practicing yet!!! And Pennington has bust all over him. The O-line is very talented, but they are all injured. It sucks doesn't it, having a good OL only to have them suck due to injuries, welcome to our world!! In all honesty, I see the Jets around 8-8 until Vinny is out......

Back
Top Bottom