Want a laugh??? Read this | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Want a laugh??? Read this

Originally posted by J-E-T-S
Some of you guys are being very rational about this, but some of the others... You have this opinion that the Dolphins are easily Super Bowl bound, while the Jets are nowhere near that level. NO. Now who knows what will really happen? But from a talent standpoint, many of you guys greatly underestimate the Jets, and you will find that out soon enough.

I don't think we ever underestimate the JETS, they've beaten us too many times for that..We just don't think their more SB Bound than us..I think you guys have a very talented team..Almost a new D...time will tell if they're gelling...We mostly don't think you will go 13-3 that's all..Maybe 10-6 or 11-5..Ok for real 9-7.

Got this gem off anouther site.

the jets baby, edwards got that team in shape, and this year their d will be top 5 easy maybe evn 1-2 and cole and martin will explode this year!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:lol: :lol: :lol:

:monkey: Jets

In the interest of full disclosure, I followed the link to Jets Addicts and looked for responses to the wild post quoted at the start of this thread. To be fair it should be noted that all of the responses thought this posters wild optimism was excessive, and some ripped open the guy's guts (figuratively speaking) for being an idiot.

Originally posted by TigerJ
In the interest of full disclosure, I followed the link to Jets Addicts and looked for responses to the wild post quoted at the start of this thread. To be fair it should be noted that all of the responses thought this posters wild optimism was excessive, and some ripped open the guy's guts (figuratively speaking) for being an idiot.

I'm glad to see there is some intelligence over at the Jets board. I think excessive is a mild understatement for his optimism.....

jets blow................

yeah it's a joke, but it's from a real jet poster.

funny, as this think is making it's rounds on the boards, the jet schmuks are trying like hell to get over there and downplay the hole thing.

jet fans may all not be quite as over the top as this one, but there are posts everywhere with jet fans already claiming there defense is top 5, vinny throwing 30-40 tds, most of the squad going ot the pro bowl, etc.....

they all privately think there going to the superbowl. and think the average jet goof thinks a lot of that guys post will hapen.

What I find most funny is the whole damn thing! First of all, if Ricky wants to gain weight, Ricky will gain weight. If he wants to lose it, Ricky will lose it. I mean come on, does anyone really think that this Jets mofo fan really knows more about football than Ricky Williams does? I think Ricky and the coaching staff know just a tad bit more about football than this moron does and if they think Ricky shouldn't lose weight, he won't lose weight. Plain and simple.

6 games won? How the hell are we any worse than we were last year? Ok, I wouldn't mind if he doesn't think we will win the Super Bowl or even the AFC East (hey, it is possible), I mean what if we go 9-7 and the Patriots beat us in NE and go 10-6, oh well anyways back to the point. We can't be THAT much worse than last year. Same QB with more experience. A RB that even if he's hurt half of the year, will still be an upgrade over Lamar. The same WR's. A line with Leon Searcy added and like Spencer Folau the only starter gone (if you consider a third stringer a starter). A defensive line with the loss of Gardener (who was hurt most of last year anyways) but with the additions of the massive Larry Chester and that other Carolina guy (problem is, they both were former Panthers, that's scary). Same linebacking unit with Greenwood now a soph instead of a pure rookie. And same defensive backfield with the loss of Walker who was replaced by Freeman (who I think will be a downgrade, but oh well). Obviously this team is better or at least just as good as they were last year. 10 or 11 wins and 5 or 6 wins is a damn big difference.

Has there ever been a team with 3 WR's in the pro bowl or 13 players from the same team? Does this guy think it's the greatest team of all time? LMAO. I think Vinny has as much of a chance to make a pro bowl, as I think that we do getting "contracted" from the NFL. Like someone said earlier, isn't Coward like hurt again? Isn't he ALWAYS hurt? Santana Moss is shorter than me (and I am 14 years old and the shortest receiver on our high school football team) and doesn't even start so how the hell is HE going to make the Pro Bowl? Sorry, I maybe a moron but can someone please let me know who Evans is? I don't recall that I have ever heard of him. This is just absolutely crazy.

Also, more pressure on Jets fans? When have they ever had pressure? The whole NFL knows that they are the dumbest fans in the world so why would anyone put pressure on them? What are they gonna do? "Perform" better? LMAO. And 14-2 is absurd as a record. I haven't even looked at their schedule but I can tell you now, 14 of their games are the same as ours (because of the new scheduling) and they will not beat Oakland, Kansas City, and Denver. They will lose to at least one. It is also time the streak ends, so that is another loss there. I will assure you that they do not go 5-1 in the division, another loss there. That's at least 3. I would really enjoy seeing them beat Green Bay, bull****, loss number 4. Hell I don't even think they can beat Minnesota and Detroit on the road (they surely get one of them on the road), loss number 5. Then those two other games they will probably lose one of them at least. That means no better than 10-6. And that is if they get damn freaking lucky and have no injuries at all (but with Coward and Vinny TestesVerde on your team, it's hard not too). That won't win the AFC East this year I'm afraid. Sorry Jet fans, wait for 2003.

Originally posted by dolphinators13
they are a bunch of nobodies.

I agree that the Jets suck... but, keep in mind, that it was a "bunch of nobodies" that made up the "No Name Defense" in our perfect season...
;)

The Jet fans are so clueless. I keep hearing about the new Jets Defense. Exactly what did they do to upgrade it? I'll tell you....NOTHING. Look at this:

1. Lost 3 of 4 starting DB's and replaced them with players that are widely considered to be inferior players. They can talk all they want about them being a "better fit for their scheme" but that's not going to help them much when Chambers, Moulds, and Brown are blowing past this sorry group. They won't be able to cover anybody.

2. Beasley will start at one CB spot. He wasn't even wanted back by Jax even though they didn't have anybody to replace him. He's the slowest staritng CB in the NFL.

3. Sam Garnes at SS wasn't wanted back by the Giants. Also one of the slowest players at his postiion.

4. Keep in mind the Giants and JAX couldn't stop the pass last year. These teams NEED DB's and they let these two go. Nothing like picking up the throwaways from some bad teams.

5. Abraham is OK but nothing more. He's NOT a Pro Bowl CB like these Jets fans will have you believe. His butt was on the bench last year in TB. He lost his starting job to Kelly.

6. The still have Robinson at FS and he was terrible last year. I heard he was dating Herm Edwards daughter. Thats the only reason this hack is still on the team.

7. At LB they now have Cowart. He's great when healthy. Problem is he's never healthy. The guy he replaced last year had 150 tackes. Farrior is now with the Steelers. Even when healthy how much can Cowart improve on Farrior's play from last year. Not much.

8. The Jet DBs are a mess and the defense still can't stop the run. Forget about it. The Jets will be in last place in the AFC East. I guarantee it.

Originally posted by FFNSB
The Jet fans are so clueless. I keep hearing about the new Jets Defense. Exactly what did they do to upgrade it? I'll tell you....NOTHING. Look at this:

1. Lost 3 of 4 starting DB's and replaced them with players that are widely considered to be inferior players. They can talk all they want about them being a "better fit for their scheme" but that's not going to help them much when Chambers, Moulds, and Brown are blowing past this sorry group. They won't be able to cover anybody.

2. Beasley will start at one CB spot. He wasn't even wanted back by Jax even though they didn't have anybody to replace him. He's the slowest staritng CB in the NFL.

3. Sam Garnes at SS wasn't wanted back by the Giants. Also one of the slowest players at his postiion.

4. Keep in mind the Giants and JAX couldn't stop the pass last year. These teams NEED DB's and they let these two go. Nothing like picking up the throwaways from some bad teams.

5. Abraham is OK but nothing more. He's NOT a Pro Bowl CB like these Jets fans will have you believe. His butt was on the bench last year in TB. He lost his starting job to Kelly.

6. The still have Robinson at FS and he was terrible last year. I heard he was dating Herm Edwards daughter. Thats the only reason this hack is still on the team.

7. At LB they now have Cowart. He's great when healthy. Problem is he's never healthy. The guy he replaced last year had 150 tackes. Farrior is now with the Steelers. Even when healthy how much can Cowart improve on Farrior's play from last year. Not much.

8. The Jet DBs are a mess and the defense still can't stop the run. Forget about it. The Jets will be in last place in the AFC East. I guarantee it.

Ok, Response Time.

1. Let 3 of 4 DB's go. Other than Glenn, they were sorry. Did you watch the playoff game vs. Oak? Coleman was nowhere near Rice the entire game, and Green is not nearly what he once was.

2. The Jags were in salary cap hell. You think they wanted to let go of Keenan McCardell, a top 20 receiver? No, they had to. And Beasley is no Charles Woodson, but he's adequate, plus they have Mickens who is one of the top Nickel backs in the league to replace him if he performs poorly.

3. True, it is not much of an upgrade, but certainly not a downgrade either. Green was a nonfactor last year. (Except in that one game in Miami)

4. From a guy whose team signed 2 Carolina Panthers for their D-Line? It's a team game pal.

5. He might not be Pro-Bowl, but he is an above-average player. I do wish they would have kept Glenn, who has having a Pro Bowl caliber season until injury.

6. He was terrible last year, and if he doesn't return to his TB ways, they have a 2nd round pick, Jon McGraw from Kansas St., to replace him.

7. The injury aspect I'll give you, but on Farrior... You either never watched a Jet game or know nothing about football. He had so many tackles because teams ran right at him. As an opposing fan were you scared of him? I hope not. Cowart, when healthy, is a top 5 linebacker, while Farrior is not even starting for Pittsburgh this year.

8. Why can't they stop the run? They now have 3 starting quality tackles, compared to last year, when they had 0.

My gripe with folks who think the jets defense is going to be dominant this year is simply that they are a paper defense and nobody realizes it. On paper, and in theory, they have all these guys now who "fit Herm's system perfectly" when its either not true, or it doesn't matter because of talent level.

Beasley may be an above average CB, but he's not an above average STARTING CB. Neither is Donnie Abraham who couldn't even hold onto his own job in the system of the FATHER of Herm Edwards' system. If Herm's guru Tony Dungy felt Abraham wasn't good enough in his system to start, what makes you think that all the sudden Donnie is going to be a pro bowler in Herm's system?

Bottom line is the Jets rolled the dice too many times in free agency this year, exporting like 6 of their starters from last year's defense, and replacing them with unknown free agents like Abraham, Beasley, Garnes, Cowart, Evans, and Webster. Any time you sign a free agent and hand him the starting job, you take a risk...you roll the dice. And my gut tells me the Jets have rolled the dice too many times. Both Aaron and Marcus were head and shoulders above Beasley and Abraham from a talent perspective. They are gone because the Jets needed the room, not because Donnie and Aaron are better. Garnes they probably feel is an upgrade over Green but in all honesty, who knows? Cowart? Already he's nursing a bad hammy AND still rehabbing the achilles according to Pro Football Talk and already teammates are grumbling and wondering why the Jets signed him.

J-E-T-S, damn damn damn, you reminded me how pissed off I am that the Jets still drafted my man, Jon McGraw. DAMN DAMN DAMN! He was my man, the best player my K-State 'Cats had last season and of all fu*kin teams, he had to get picked up by the Jets. Oh well, he ain't a 'Cat anymore, just another Jet, so screw him!

Just a thought that has nothing to do with this post hardly at all, did you guys know that Jon McGraw was a walk-on at Kansas State, and look how far he has come, being the best player on a bowl team and getting drafted in the 2nd Round of the NFL Draft.

Anyways, as much as I like the guy, he is still a rookie and you never can rely on a rookie, just ask everyone in here about all the busts we've had (except Chambers) in the last couple years.

But, J-E-T-S, I will tell you, that was one of the smartest posts I have ever seen by a Jets fan, your secondary did suck, it still does, but your defense didn't get much worse, it just didn't get much better, I guess only 98% of Jets fans are idiots. One more thing, Cowart, is a top 5 LB, WHEN HEALTHY, which are the key words there. Cowart has never been healthy and if I am not mistaking, he still isn't healthy, something about still rehabbing or something. I guess we'll see if he is healthy or not when they play their first pre-season game this week.

Back
Top Bottom