Was Parker A Devante Problem Or A Gase Problem? | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Was Parker A Devante Problem Or A Gase Problem?

THE OG CANEPHINS

formally known as CANEPHINS
Reaction score
Wondering now how much of his lack of effort, nagging injuries, poor performances, etc were because of him or the fact he didn't put forth the effort due to issues with Gase. Doesn't make it right but it seems the growing sense was frustration with the players with Gase.

I think the injuries played a bigger part in it...I'm sure not being able to stay healthy can really mess with a young players head....

Parker is not a good player. In simplistic terms, if you go back to Louisville he just is not great at separating. The idea that his injuries are the problem is false. He’s tall and has decent hands so he looks good superficially because he can catch the football and high point it, etc. But he lacks elite burst and hence ability to separate. That’s always been the biggest problem.

If you liked him coming out of college, take the L and move on. It was a bad evaluation.

If he weren’t a first round pick, he’d already be bouncing from team to team.

The kid was a major whiff at the fourteenth overall pick. Out of all the freaking college players in the country that year, he was selected fourteenth overall. He was never that good.

If you’re looking at receivers, big hint, get the guy with elite burst. A guy like Stephon Diggs has that; Albert Wilson has it; Parker does not.

If he goes somewhere next year, and goes for 75 catches, 1400 yards, and 9 touchdowns, sure, throw this back at me. I don’t see it. We need to move on.

Film plus stats say otherwise.
He may have had a respectable rookie year but not for the 14th overall pick in the draft. I was at the game where he made that great TD catch against Baltimore and I levitated of my seat in euphoria it was awesome. But there were also signs of a lack of concentration on the players part - not getting down in bounds many times while a 5-10 CB wrestled him into the paint etc. Just not a very good player. Nice to have. Won’t be missed if we do move on because he wasn’t really available that much.

Parker seems to be soft and lacks determination. A good coach could better motivate him and maybe toughen him up some. Parker may not respond well to that type of coach either. It is up to the next group in charge to decide whether it is worth spending the 9+ mil cap hit to find out.

I stuck up for Parker as much as anyone, unless it was slant, dude couldn't separate.

There's no reason to keep you when at 5' 6" Jakeem Grant poses more physical mismatches for a defense than the 6'3" Parker.

I am not looking to invest draft capital in a WR because you don't need to.

Wilson, Grant, Amendola and Stills are enough for a new coach to work with but a big bodied guy is still neeeded. Up to a new staff to find there type of guy to add to the mix.

idk but I'm certainly not willing to pay him 9 million to find out. If he wants to sign a 2 year 7 million dollar extension sure keep him around but wouldn't pay more then that

Back
Top Bottom