Was Parker A Devante Problem Or A Gase Problem? | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Was Parker A Devante Problem Or A Gase Problem?

Never quite understood why Gase would target DVP running a shallow crosser 3 yards past the LOS. Conversely, give credit to Failbin and RT where DVP was targeted on a deep square-in 20+ yards past the LOS.

Never quite understood why Gase would target DVP running a shallow crosser 3 yards past the LOS. Conversely, give credit to Failbin and RT where DVP was targeted on a deep square-in 20+ yards past the LOS.

Obviously part of it was Gase playing calling. But, let's also dig deeper and think about what we're saying here.

Your supposed #1 receiver needs a particular type of route via the play calling in order to be successful at the NFL level!

Does that sound like a recipe for success to you or rather does that sound like you need a more talented receiver?

Horrible pick. Everyone associated needs to be fired. Same with Harris

Ross says he we are gonna do nothing but add guys that love football. I think thats dvps biggest problem.

53 minkahs in short order and no older players evidently too. Quite the order

I think gase and philbin shared the same doghouse for players. Once you went in the doghouse, you didn't get out.

I'm on Parkers side here. I think Gase hated him and didn't play him in spite.......didnt even use him much when we were thin at receiver this year.

There's no way he showed promise his rookie year and doesn't maintain any of his skills in following years. Dude has a huge catch radius, he's fast, and big. Also didn't have a great deep ball thrower.

I know, I know.......he's soft, don't contest balls, and seems to give up sometimes. But maybe he can overcome these things in a more positive environment.

Ross said several times in the presser today that he wanted football players who loved football and wanted to win first and foremost. It doesn’t matter what somebody’s SPARQ scores are if the kid doesn’t have the requisite love of football. If there’s lack of production on the field, it’s a deal breaker. These guys who don’t have the love of the game can infect the locker room with the loser mentality. It’s the opposite of synergistic when the losers start infecting others.

I’m sure one of his top exhibits was Devante Parker. I’m sure Ross resents having to cut that kid any checks. Ross is the owner and he was 100% clear, “no more Parkers on the roster.” I’m sure Grier got the message and we will stop with the Parker, Jordan Phillips, Jonathan Martins etc who have been drafted high under Ross’ ownership. It’s a fairly basic rule. If Grier doesn’t comprehend it or abide by it, he’s gone. Very simple guidance by the owner and I applaud it.

Last edited:
He may have had a respectable rookie year but not for the 14th overall pick in the draft. I was at the game where he made that great TD catch against Baltimore and I levitated of my seat in euphoria it was awesome. But there were also signs of a lack of concentration on the players part - not getting down in bounds many times while a 5-10 CB wrestled him into the paint etc. Just not a very good player. Nice to have. Won’t be missed if we do move on because he wasn’t really available that much.
Anyone watching the last game of the season that saw him play should know exactly how badly the guy was dogging it at the end of the year. His value is less than what Ginn's was here because at least could return kicks and punts.

Must be a short film considering he had a 26 catch season as a rookie.

I guess u missed the 2015 season, but he only started the last 4 games that year after Rishard Matthews went down. 26 catches 494 yards 3 tds and a crazy 19.0 ypc average.

I'm confident that Parker's problems were his injuries … they started in college, not when he became a Gase player.

Back
Top Bottom