Was the Brandon Marshall trade a good trade or horrible trade? | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Was the Brandon Marshall trade a good trade or horrible trade?

Was the Brandon Marshall trade a good trade or horrible trade?

• Good trade

Votes: 100 52.1%
  • Bad trade

Votes: 92 47.9%

• Total voters

finsgonewild

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
What do you think of the Brandon Marshall trade. Did we get good value or was it a bad trade.

well we wasted 2 years not getting a differnt receiver spent plenty of cap money and traded second round picks for third round picks great friggin deal lol

looking at the production, the headaches and potential suspension, I think we were lucky to get two 3rd round picks

The real question should be whether it was necessary or not. Could this team have moved on with him on our roster?

I'm sure these 3rd round picks will change the course of our franchise. They will make up for a top 10 receiver in this league.

Can't wait to watch BMarsh highlights this year after he sits out for ...1 game? 2 games?...

You want to trade him.... fine. You think getting two 3rd rounders for a top 10 receiver in this league who is MAYBE facing a small suspension, you are outright crazy.

We spent years and years crying for a #1 receiver, and we get rid of him and everybody now realizes... oh F***... now we have no QB, no right side of the OL, no good TE's, and yet again we need another #1.

Terrible trade

Even when a touchdown was scored if he was open you could see him throwing his arms up looking at the coaches like the QBs are just ignorant. That cant be good for team chemistry. He beats down women, some of those men in that locker room dont think much of him at all i guarantee that. He probably underminded the coaches AKA Joey Porter. He is a headcase thats a headache. He says all the right things. Then every offseason he beats up a woman. I say great trade!!!!!

Definitely mixed emotions for me. Kinda like when we got rid of Chambers. They both were phenomenal at times, but also had moments of complete garbage, costing us games. And the number of off the field incidents for B Marsh are just stacking up too high. Bitter sweet. Hope we hit on at least one high draft pick WR.

Anybody that thinks we got good value for him is absolutely crazy... Personally I think Denver should have gotten more for him from the get go. We have no other threats out wide and he helped out what running game we did have. I'm getting a sense that we're in rebuilding mode again!? We have a pretty good young defense and instead of improving our offense we take what little we had on offense and get rid of it. I wouldnt be surprised to see this front office trade jake long on draft day for a late 1 or early 2... I have no confidence in this FO right now and I hope philbin is a genius and knows what the hell is going on

FORGET about the off the field drama, those two penalties he got last season were absolutely inexcusable. The one where he threw the ball at Cutler on the sidelines and the other one where he threw the ball after the play.

He was bad for team chemistry right from the start. Football is a team sport, so many people don't seem able to grasp that concept. He was inconsistant on the field as well.

If Shula was the coach he wouldn't have lasted more than 2 days here. Bess's production suffered too because they were basically forcing the ball to Marshall all season long. How many INTz were the product of that?

Ireland made the best of a bad situation. I'm sure we would have gotten more from the Bears if the last incident hadn't happened.

When we traded for him I was expecting to get Top 5 receiver production, instead he played like a borderline 15 receiver.

The trade to the Bears was terrible at first, when we didn't know the details behind it. But now I understand and it was a good trade.

Said it before and I'll say it again. It was a good trade. Especially after the latest incident.

We got two picks one round later than we gave up for a guy who is 2 years older, continues to find trouble and who is entering the fat part of his contract. Also, this is the deepest WR draft in a long time. Especially for WCO type receivers. And for those who say you cannot find a starting receiverl unless you draft one really early, BM was a forth round pick and contributed immediately. We can find one that can help us this year. There are a lot of guys with good hands that run good routes and can get separation.

good trade. Could be a great trade but we won't know until we see the production of the draftees we pick with these two third rounders.
B Marshall was not good for our team...at all. He may be good for Chicago but not for Miami.
I say good riddance!

How about his talk of needing a new qb while at the pro bowl...couldn't sit well with Moore who may very well be the qb this season. Bittersweet but I think more drama was coming down the pike.

this is ****ing ridiculous. just answer the question. was it a good trade?

we traded 2 2nd rounders for marshall.. he than set team records and opened up a running game like none other for reggie bush of all people. he went to the probowl... one would have to think is value would have increased due to this and we net 2 3rd rounders for the man.

did he drop td passes... sure he did.
brandon marshall
10th in yards
10th in receptions. (6th for WR)
6 tds, 3 tds shy of being top 5 in the category

it was read on this thread or another that we should have traded for anquon boldin... what was it about his 50 some catches, 800ish yards and 3 tds that was so damn spectacular last season?
other Wr's considered elite???
fitzgerald... 8 tds
colston.. 8 tds
mike wallace... 8 tds... (some say we should give our first rounder for this dude)
roddy white8 tds
dez bryant 9 tds
vincent jackson 9 tds
gregg jennings 9 tds
wes welker 9 tds

to show unbias... the drop leaders
roddy white 15
bowe 12
marshall 12
djax 7
boldin 7, along with a list a mile long for others with 7...

marshall was 7th in targets with 141... he had 12 drops in 141 targets
boldin 106
djax 104
bowe 142
white 179

I love the sentiment that we throw brandon marshall 80 targets a year and he drops 12 of them.

I love the BS arguement that hes in too much trouble... have we all forgotten about ricky williams and how many chances he got?
Our big idea to replace ronnie brown and ricky williams was passing on ingram and trading up for daniel thomas... probably the biggest reason this trade is a disaster is because our FO makes moves like that... I can't hardly wait to see who they replace brandon marshall with...

Our biggest offensive playmaker for 2 #3's and this is in any way a good trade? Some of you just really ridiculous. It's a good trade because he might be suspended and we were lucky to get what we got?

Bottom of the east again for us, but its cool since we got rid of Marshall, who we knew was a headcase when we traded 2 #2's for him a couple of years ago. Keep dreaming if you think whoever we draft will come close to this production, or anyone else we get which looks to be noone.

Back
Top Bottom