Was the Brandon Marshall trade a good trade or horrible trade? | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Was the Brandon Marshall trade a good trade or horrible trade?

Was the Brandon Marshall trade a good trade or horrible trade?

• Good trade

Votes: 100 52.1%
  • Bad trade

Votes: 92 47.9%

• Total voters
The trade to get Marshall did not suck. He was the best wideout we have had in awhile. The value we hit for him still doesnt add up. I dont even think any rookie wr drafted can provide the impact Marshall had to this offense. It is going to take while to replace him. Maybe we wil run the ball even better this year I dunno. The reason we got Marshall was because we were weren't getting open and separation with out current wrs. We have too many pocession wrs

I agree with lots of your previous post Naps, but remember that Marshall himself was a 4th round pick. Actually, go over great WR's in time and MOST are later round picks. For every CJ, there is a Jerry Rice AND Brandon Marshall.

Of course we don't know the value yet, but if we pick up an equal WR with either of those 3rd rounders, we are miles ahead....

Truth is, even though 2413837fanphins see ****ing ridiculous posts, none of us, including him, will know for a couple of years whether or not this was a good trade.

I dont understand why Marshall's drama in his personal life effects some of you so much? He is not out selling drugs, robbing people or doing any illegal activity. He just has a loud mouth and just getting into drama in his personal life. Its a personal problem let him deal with it. If he do get arrested for being a drama queen, its for what one nite? All I care about is him playing football. Even with his drops he was still our best player on offense and made our offense good, without him we had to run the wildcat offense. He was our best player on offense and still had the potential to be better. Yes he was worth more than 2 second round picks (which equals to Misi and Pat White). But some of yall care about having PERFECT citizen, which dont exist, more than the product on the field. Hopefully we can fullfill his production and abilities in the draft, I rather had him and fullfill other positions.

I dont understand why Marshall's drama in his personal life effects some of you so much? He is not out selling drugs, robbing people or doing any illegal activity. He just has a loud mouth and just getting into drama in his personal life. Its a personal problem let him deal with it. If he do get arrested for being a drama queen, its for what one nite? All I care about is him playing football. Even with his drops he was still our best player on offense and made our offense good, without him we had to run the wildcat offense. He was our best player on offense and still had the potential to be better. Yes he was worth more than 2 second round picks (which equals to Misi and Pat White). But some of yall care about having PERFECT citizen, which dont exist, more than the product on the field. Hopefully we can fullfill his production and abilities in the draft, I rather had him and fullfill other positions.

I think you need to go research the "Minor vocal incidents" that B-Marsh has been involved with, dating all the way back to assault on a police officer while in college. He is teetering on the edge of doing real time my friend.

I think you need to go research the "Minor vocal incidents" that B-Marsh has been involved with, dating all the way back to assault on a police officer while in college. He is teetering on the edge of doing real time my friend.

Real Time for what? Tell me what real time is he going to do and what Major crime he is going to commit? Yes his issues are minor, if he keep acting same way he will never get more than one nite in jail. He has behavoir issues, which is just a nuisance. All his issues are just acting childish, thats a personal problem not going to effect anyone except for himself. He is a NUISANCE, which i dont care as long as he on the field making our offense better.

twix2500, I respectfully disagree my man. When you wrap your hand around a womans throat that is major. Could you imagine the terror she felt. Look how big he is, theres nothing she can do about it. Thats one of the older allegations i read about him and a different girl. Im not sure how many times this situations has been reported but imagine all the fight that werent reported. I have a daughter and i couldnt imagine this (monster) beating on her. He is a self proclaimed Monster. I bet all the women in his life feel the same way. When he came to miami he said all the right things. I thought he could change, but he is not oing to change. He always gets in trouble in the offseason. Has there ever been a offseason that he didnt have a altercation? Reports i read also say he was the one that was directly taunting the man who killed the Darrent Williams? I think thats his name. Im sorry man he is just a train wreck. Everyone is upset because we had high hopes for this offseason and it seems we are getting worse. I really believe if we can get Flynn and Justice, we can trade down and draft the kid from baylor maybe. Watchin film of Flynn though i see guys like Quarles, Swayn, Kuhn. A bunch of kind of low key players makin plays in that offense.

None of our WRs next year will catch more then 75 passes. Marshall does not fit the WCO concept. We will have 3 starting WRs in the starting lineup and play 4 WRs on 3rd down. All will be quicker and faster and have better hands then Marshall.

None of our WRs next year will catch more then 75 passes. Marshall does not fit the WCO concept. We will have 3 starting WRs in the starting lineup and play 4 WRs on 3rd down. All will be quicker and faster and have better hands then Marshall.

LOL at all of this, especially the last sentence. This WR corps isnt good.

i will just reprint what i posted in another thread asking this exact same question:

you can't analyze this trade on "who won" or "who lost." the denver broncos did not want to trade their franchise receiver in the prime of his career for two 2nd rounders. the dolphins didn't want to trade their franchise receiver in the prime of his career for two 3rd rounders. you get to a point. once that point is reached (also known as "the straw that broke the camel's back"), you need to cut the player, or trade him if you are fortunate enough to find a taker. it doesn't matter how much he helps the bears, just like it didn't matter to denver how much he helped us, once we acquired him. BM had reached that point here, and we were DAMN lucky to get the bears to give up two 3rd rounders. throw in the money cleared up under the cap to acquire more players ($5.8 million dollars), and it makes digesting the loss of his pure ability easier to swallow. but the fact is he was not staying here past yesterday - and it had nothing to do with "who is doing better in this trade."

twix2500, I respectfully disagree my man. When you wrap your hand around a womans throat that is major. Could you imagine the terror she felt. Look how big he is, theres nothing she can do about it. Thats one of the older allegations i read about him and a different girl. Im not sure how many times this situations has been reported but imagine all the fight that werent reported. I have a daughter and i couldnt imagine this (monster) beating on her. He is a self proclaimed Monster. I bet all the women in his life feel the same way. When he came to miami he said all the right things. I thought he could change, but he is not oing to change. He always gets in trouble in the offseason. Has there ever been a offseason that he didnt have a altercation? Reports i read also say he was the one that was directly taunting the man who killed the Darrent Williams? I think thats his name. Im sorry man he is just a train wreck. Everyone is upset because we had high hopes for this offseason and it seems we are getting worse. I really believe if we can get Flynn and Justice, we can trade down and draft the kid from baylor maybe. Watchin film of Flynn though i see guys like Quarles, Swayn, Kuhn. A bunch of kind of low key players makin plays in that offense.

Here we go, story time made up. You have no idea what happened, yet you know the terror on her face and everything. Let the facts come out before you come up with how everyone felt. By the way, Marshall isn't responsible for shooting anyone....no matter if her talked smack to someone or not.

Laughable is how you think everything will be ok with your offensive scenario.

Oh goodie, we paid a high price for a Pro Bowl receiver, the team went nowhere, he gets in trouble yet again, the team jettisons him for much less than they paid to get him (and the piles of cash are his to keep). That was a great transaction for the Dolphins, I tell you what. Now we can say we had a Pro Bowl receiver-- can't say we won crap with him, can't say we got value for him in return. But at least he was on the roster for a while. Oh, and we paid him a ton of money for the privilege. What a great way to run a football team.

You need more than one guy...wasn't Brandon going over 1000 yards with over 80 catches that was the problem.

Can't wait to see what we do without him.....can you say Barkley next year?

chicago bears have been equal opportunity employers as of late:

diabetic QB
receiver with mental illness and "beat-a-bitch syndrome"
amateur drug kingpin
offensive coordinator who scalped Super Bowl tickets and oversaw the vikings "love boat" team.

Well we traded a receiver who made the probowl last year and likely will make it again this year for a 3rd this year and what could be a pick at the bottom of the 3rd round next year. Not good. If Cutler stays healthy he will have a great season. Furthermore we have to again trust the gm who is average at best in drafting players to replace him in the draft. I would have felt a little better had proven players been included in the trade. As it stands there is no way anyone can convince me that we got the better end of the deal. I could accept breaking even but even that is a stretch.

yikes!!

9703woman-1.jpg

A Harlem woman with fashion-model looks showed off a black-eye Thursday she claims was the result of a punch from bad-boy NFL star Brandon Marshall.

Christin Myles told the Daily News that the wide-receiver dubbed “The Beast” ruined her 24th birthday party by cold-****ing her with a closed fist early Sunday morning while outside the Marquee nightclub in Chelsea.

“My eye still hurts,” the California-raised beauty said. “I still have problems with my vision.”

Myles, a former college basketball player, said the attack was unprovoked.

Her left eye was swollen, bloodied and bruised. She covered her eyes behind shades after talking to detectives at the 10th Precinct stationhouse for about 45 minutes on Thursday.

http://www.nydailynews.com/news/crime/beauty-demands-justice-claims-nfl-star-brandon-marshall-punched-face-article-1.1040181

Back
Top Bottom