Was the Brandon Marshall trade a good trade or horrible trade? | Page 5 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Was the Brandon Marshall trade a good trade or horrible trade?

Was the Brandon Marshall trade a good trade or horrible trade?

• Good trade

Votes: 100 52.1%
  • Bad trade

Votes: 92 47.9%

• Total voters
There is obvious evidence that this was a bad trade. We paid 2 2nd rounders and $35 million over two years for the same player with the same off field issues. Then after paying him is upfront money we trade him for less value than we got him for. There is a direct comparison telling you it was a bad trade and you homers REFUSE to believe it when it's staring you in the face.

There is obvious evidence that this was a bad trade. We paid 2 2nd rounders and $35 million over two years for the same player with the same off field issues. Then after paying him is upfront money we trade him for less value than we got him for. There is a direct comparison telling you it was a bad trade and you homers REFUSE to believe it when it's staring you in the face.

No, the real questions are did we overpay in the first place, and is he still the same player he was when we traded for him.

Once again, he was a 4th rounder. We might also hit on a 4th rounder that is = to Brandon Marshall without all the off-field issues.

Only time will tell whether this was a good trade or not.

A direct comparison of two 2nd's> two 3rd's is obvious....untill you, over time, discuss the comparison of what players were netted with said picks.

Devonne Bess>>>> than Ted Ginn, yet Ginn was a top 10 pick and Bess was an UDFA

So for now, we have the Donko's two 2nd round picks:

2011-Sergio Kindle
2010- Zane Beadles

We absolutely STOLE that trade, and it's not even close.

No, the real questions are did we overpay in the first place, and is he still the same player he was when we traded for him.

Once again, he was a 4th rounder. We might also hit on a 4th rounder that is = to Brandon Marshall without all the off-field issues.

Only time will tell whether this was a good trade or not.

A direct comparison of two 2nd's> two 3rd's is obvious....untill you, over time, discuss the comparison of what players were netted with said picks.

Devonne Bess>>>> than Ted Ginn, yet Ginn was a top 10 pick and Bess was an UDFA

So for now, we have the Donko's two 2nd round picks:

2011-Sergio Kindle
2010- Zane Beadles

We absolutely STOLE that trade, and it's not even close.

You cant compare it based on what the teams took because if we keep the picks we choose different players

You cant compare it based on what the teams took because if we keep the picks we choose different players

Then, what the hell else do you compare it in.

We DIRECTLY traded the rights to KINDLE and BEADLES for Brandon Marshall. We did much better in that trade.

We will see who we get with our 2-thirds to complete the equation, but until that happens, we did much better than the Donko's in the initial trade. (.) PERIOD.

We DIRECTLY traded the rights to KINDLE and BEADLES for Brandon Marshall. We did much better in that trade.

We will see who we get with our 2-thirds to complete the equation, but until that happens, we did much better than the Donko's in the initial trade. (.) PERIOD.
No. Just confusing and backwards. I don't know why anyone would assume we'd draft exactly who Denver did. On top of that the pick that became Kindle was traded to Baltimore. The other Marshall 2nd went the next year for Orlando Franklin.

It was a very good trade. Marshall can't catch, can't run a route and is a loud mouth drama queen with off the field legal problems. The fact that the only time he ever stepped up was in a meaningless exhibition, where there is far less contact, shows you what a chump he really is. If you want to build a winner, you want this guy off your team, asap. Two thirds was a good price to get rid of this loser.

In that case you would have to assume thats the players we would take and thats not a fair assessment. Thats like saying you traded the second pick in the draft for a player and because they took a bust you came out ahead, absolute rubbish.

It was a very good trade. Marshall can't catch, can't run a route and is a loud mouth drama queen with off the field legal problems. The fact that the only time he ever stepped up was in a meaningless exhibition, where there is far less contact, shows you what a chump he really is. If you want to build a winner, you want this guy off your team, asap. Two thirds was a good price to get rid of this loser.

i guess you forget we traded for him in the first place.

Another example I can give if you traded marshall for a sixth round pick and that player turns out to be tom brady, that still doesnt make your trade better value. Trades that involve draft picks have to do with the value of a pick that high not you getting lucky or drafting a bust.

No. Just confusing and backwards. I don't know why anyone would assume we'd draft exactly who Denver did. On top of that the pick that became Kindle was traded to Baltimore. The other Marshall 2nd went the next year for Orlando Franklin.

Well according to Conf logic we have to include what Denver got for their pick. So we got tim Tebow and Orlando Franklin for Marshall except that we now traded Marshall so we traded Tebow and Orlando Franklin for two third round picks. yea too damn confusing

Well according to Conf logic we have to include what Denver got for their pick. So we got tim Tebow and Orlando Franklin for Marshall except that we now traded Marshall so we traded Tebow and Orlando Franklin for two third round picks. yea too damn confusing

As compared to Dlockz logic:

"We didnt get EXACTLY what/who I wanted so I am going to piss and moan in each and every thread so everybody that pokes into any thread knows EXACTLY how pissed off I actually am" :ponder:

As compared to Dlockz logic:

"We didnt get EXACTLY what/who I wanted so I am going to piss and moan in each and every thread so everybody that pokes into any thread knows EXACTLY how pissed off I actually am" :ponder:

why dont you stick to the subject at hand and make your point but of course you dont have one my apologies.
I have an opinion if you dont like it please feel free to pick it apart instead of saying such juvenile statements.

why dont you stick to the subject at hand and make your point but of course you dont have one my apologies.
I have an opinion if you dont like it please feel free to pick it apart instead of saying such juvenile statements.

Wait!!! What????

Hope the rest of the off-season goes well for you there dlockz :lol:

Wait!!! What????

Hope the rest of the off-season goes well for you there dlockz :lol:

I used you logic that what is actually taken with traded draft picks is what the value of the picks were. Denver traded our pick to get tebow and used the other pick for Franklin.
That was your logic. Crappy offseason with exception of resigning Solai at a fair price. Sorry I dont revel in being a team that has three staright losing seasons and that fixes for the line is just other teams scraps just like last year. Hope we do well in draft and hope we sign a decent free agent. Looks like we signed a new starting safety because marshall is a bad cornerback.

If reports that Philbin was the one who wanted the trade are true, it speaks volumes since his first official act as head coach was to trade Marshall. Given his off field history and gameday antics they were probably lucky to get 2 3rd round picks. I like the trade.

Back
Top Bottom