Was the Brandon Marshall trade a good trade or horrible trade? | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Was the Brandon Marshall trade a good trade or horrible trade?

Was the Brandon Marshall trade a good trade or horrible trade?

• Good trade

Votes: 100 52.1%
  • Bad trade

Votes: 92 47.9%

• Total voters
After the fact the trade was the best we could do but until he is replaced we will all question the trade because of the hole it left in the offense. The latest incident caused Chicago to lower their trade offer and since the team had been ready to dump him for awhile they had no choice but to cut their losses.

In the end after looking back at everything involved with BM since he joined the team both positive and negative it was a fair trade.

Marshall 12 drops, 7 in the endzone. The best part is reading "BEARS" wr Brandon Marshall accused of punching woman in the face. Oh and lets not forget along with those 7 dropped td's, he stumbled out of bounds for God knows what reason on another sure td. The guy is nothing but trouble on and off the field. Bye bye Brandi...

Marshall 12 drops, 7 in the endzone. The best part is reading "BEARS" wr Brandon Marshall accused of punching woman in the face. Oh and lets not forget along with those 7 dropped td's, he stumbled out of bounds for God knows what reason on another sure td. The guy is nothing but trouble on and off the field. Bye bye Brandi...

Because we've always had choir boys on this team. lol

Im sure you'll be happy with our WR core when the season starts. Whoever is the QB is destined to fail.

BM had the most dropped passes of any receiver in the NFL over the last 2 years. He dropped at least 7 TD passes this year. He had at least 3 "incidents" in the last 2 years that involved the police that I can remember. He complained about his QB's publicly. He could be seen pouting during games when he did not get the ball. Big contract. Oh, and he beats women. I think we are lucky for what we got.

All of these justifications for getting rid of Marshall now make it abundantly clear that the trade to bring him here (not to mention the ridiculous contract given to him) was a horrible one. But let me guess, that was either Parcells' or Sparano's fault. Ireland had nothing to do with it.

All of these justifications for getting rid of Marshall now make it abundantly clear that the trade to bring him here (not to mention the ridiculous contract given to him) was a horrible one. But let me guess, that was either Parcells' or Sparano's fault. Ireland had nothing to do with it.

yeah...having a probowl receiver sucked

1 mans garbage is another mans gold....If Marshall could put aside all of his antics he is no doubt a top 5 maybe even top 3 wr.

We got screwed in the deal theres no doubt but theres no doubt we can find another talent like this.

tied with 12 other guys for 33rd ranking in TDs, but top 5 in drops...

From a sanity stand point it was a good trade. From a value stand point we have yet to see who his replacement will be. Do they think we are ok at wide out?

The trade to get Marshall did not suck. He was the best wideout we have had in awhile. The value we hit for him still doesnt add up. I dont even think any rookie wr drafted can provide the impact Marshall had to this offense. It is going to take while to replace him. Maybe we wil run the ball even better this year I dunno. The reason we got Marshall was because we were weren't getting open and separation with out current wrs. We have too many pocession wrs

yeah...having a probowl receiver sucked
Oh goodie, we paid a high price for a Pro Bowl receiver, the team went nowhere, he gets in trouble yet again, the team jettisons him for much less than they paid to get him (and the piles of cash are his to keep). That was a great transaction for the Dolphins, I tell you what. Now we can say we had a Pro Bowl receiver-- can't say we won crap with him, can't say we got value for him in return. But at least he was on the roster for a while. Oh, and we paid him a ton of money for the privilege. What a great way to run a football team.

this is ****ing ridiculous. just answer the question. was it a good trade?

we traded 2 2nd rounders for marshall.. he than set team records and opened up a running game like none other for reggie bush of all people. he went to the probowl... one would have to think is value would have increased due to this and we net 2 3rd rounders for the man.

did he drop td passes... sure he did.
brandon marshall
10th in yards
10th in receptions. (6th for WR)
6 tds, 3 tds shy of being top 5 in the category

it was read on this thread or another that we should have traded for anquon boldin... what was it about his 50 some catches, 800ish yards and 3 tds that was so damn spectacular last season?
other Wr's considered elite???
fitzgerald... 8 tds
colston.. 8 tds
mike wallace... 8 tds... (some say we should give our first rounder for this dude)
roddy white8 tds
dez bryant 9 tds
vincent jackson 9 tds
gregg jennings 9 tds
wes welker 9 tds

to show unbias... the drop leaders
roddy white 15
bowe 12
marshall 12
djax 7
boldin 7, along with a list a mile long for others with 7...

marshall was 7th in targets with 141... he had 12 drops in 141 targets
boldin 106
djax 104
bowe 142
white 179

I love the sentiment that we throw brandon marshall 80 targets a year and he drops 12 of them.

I love the BS arguement that hes in too much trouble... have we all forgotten about ricky williams and how many chances he got?
Our big idea to replace ronnie brown and ricky williams was passing on ingram and trading up for daniel thomas... probably the biggest reason this trade is a disaster is because our FO makes moves like that... I can't hardly wait to see who they replace brandon marshall with...

I disagree. He is the guy who gets arrested Super Bowl week (or pick any week with additional importance). I do not think you can compare a Pot Head to a guy who always seems to be around violence. Marshall will get off easy from this latest incident just like last year when his wife put the blade in his chest. There will be too much he said she said to make heads or tails of the incident. Besides, I will always give him (and everyone) the benefit of a doubt just because of innocent until proven guilty. Bottom line, the guy is a **** magnet! Not too mention he starts acting like a toddler the moment stuff does not go his way.

I also believe he has been working this trade since the end (or right before) of this last season. Way too much bs flying around the board and the media.

I actually believe we got what we could for him considering. I believe there are very few teams out there would actually give ANY draft picks for him.

Him and Cutler have been talking about getting together since the off season. Good for them. They have it. My buddy who is a bears fan is already retracting the face rubbing he was doing. He already is having buyers remorse.

From a sanity stand point it was a good trade. From a value stand point we have yet to see who his replacement will be. Do they think we are ok at wide out?

The sanity drives those 3rd rounders to 2nd rounders in my book.

Back
Top Bottom