Washington releasing Alex Smith | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Washington releasing Alex Smith

Of course they were going to release him, he was scheduled to make almost 19 million dollars next season. I definitely like Smith as a backup but it really depends on what his rates going to be, and I'm guessing somebody's going to pay him in between the 7 to 10 million range and I think that'll be too pricey for us.

Guy is delusional. He can't play anymore and he shouldn't want to either with that messed up leg, he needs to hang em up. We need a back up QB that can actually move and make plays to challenge Tua like Fitz did. I hope nobody picks him up for his own sake, you can't play the game effectively holding your breath on every hit.

Last edited:
No, for all of the inspiration for him coming back, he could barely stay on the field after becoming starter, he moved like a guy who has severely injured his leg, and his ability to throw downfield makes Tua look like Aaron Rodgers. It's awesome that he worked his way back, but also clear that his body can't sustain a career as a professional athlete any longer.

Did anyone who want him as backup actually watch him or follow what he did last year?

He wants to start, he has too much to prove to himself. I don't think he would make a great backup right now...

At 33, Andy Dalton is the best back up QB available... and he's the one I want.

If we can't get it done, then I might consider Smith or one of the others. If we end up with a 35 year old, never was Brian Hoyer... I will cry very real tears.

Flores screwed up with the whole relief pitcher thing.

Tua can't look like the 2nd best QB in camp.
If the front office brings in competition (like they should for EVERY position) and Tua continues to look like the 2nd best QB then we made a mistake drafting him.

That said I do hope and expect Tua to live up to his draft pedigree but if he can't beat out internal competition he doesn't deserve a roster seat.

What are these rumors about Brian Hoyer? Where did they come from?

Back
Top Bottom