Washington TE Austin Seferian-Jenkins visits Dolphins | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Washington TE Austin Seferian-Jenkins visits Dolphins

IMHO, Eifert was the clear best prospect of Eifert, Ertz and ASJ.

Eifert is longer and faster and by far the best catcher in traffic with vice grip hands. The only area he trails is blocking. I'd say that Ertz is the best blocker with some very good potential as a run blocker, followed by ASJ who is solid in run blocking and pass pro, followed by Eifert who isn't quite up to the level of the other two in run blocking or pass protection yet. None of the 3 truly excel at blocking yet, but all 3 have decent potential and are developing.

Eifert is by far the best red zone threat followed by ASJ and then Ertz. Eifert is the best seam threat of the 3 as well, followed by Ertz and then ASJ who can still be a seam threat but has a smaller margin for error.

As far as clutch 3rd down receiving goes, again it is Eifert, Ertz and then ASJ, who needs to do a better job of holding on to the football.

Personally, ASJ looked overweight, out of shape, and disinterested this year. I really wonder if his health issue is perhaps more chronic than we know. He is a good player, but he definitely had a down year. Hopefully whatever the cause, he can return to the player we saw in previous years. I like the player.

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

Can't be true. Why would they waste one of their 30 visits with someone that's not on their draft board according to Futurescout

You clearly have no idea how the pre-draft visits work. At least 40% of the players teams bring in they have no real interest of drafting. No team brings in 30 guys they really want to draft.

Here's quotes on him by an executive, a scouting director, and a scout

Austin Seferian-Jenkins, Washington, 6-6, 266, 4.68

“He’s more overrated and a bigger pain in the (butt) than the other guy,” the personnel man said. “And he blocks like a wide receiver. I don’t want any part of him.”

“There’s great size, but he’s a little lazy,” the executive said. “I’m not sure where he goes.”

“If you can get him in the second or third round, it’s not bad,” the scout said. “No, he’s not a first-round pick.”

Spot on. He's at the top of my list for guys I'd look at in round 2. I really don't think he's far off of Ebron as a prospect to be honest, I'm that high on him. For a fit in our offense I think he brings a more varied skillset.

I like the Martellus Bennett comparison. If you're looking for one of those "Gronk types" he's the closest in this draft, not the same level of athlete though.

Niklas????????

You clearly have no idea how the pre-draft visits work. At least 40% of the players teams bring in they have no real interest of drafting. No team brings in 30 guys they really want to draft.

Here's quotes on him by an executive, a scouting director, and a scout

Austin Seferian-Jenkins, Washington, 6-6, 266, 4.68

“He’s more overrated and a bigger pain in the (butt) than the other guy,” the personnel man said. “And he blocks like a wide receiver. I don’t want any part of him.”

“There’s great size, but he’s a little lazy,” the executive said. “I’m not sure where he goes.”

“If you can get him in the second or third round, it’s not bad,” the scout said. “No, he’s not a first-round pick.”

For every smart scout there's a dozen dinosaur idiots. I don't think this FO just totally knocks guys off their boards because of one past indiscretion, if he interviews poorly then I'm sure he gets knocked off.

---------- Post added at 11:40 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:39 AM ----------

Niklas????????

Sorry.....no. I like Niklas, but outside of the frame he isn't half the athlete Gronk is. I like both of them in round 2, but no I can't possibly see the parallel there aside from the catch radius. Both these guys are a lot more polished than Troy too.

For every smart scout there's a dozen dinosaur idiots. I don't think this FO just totally knocks guys off their boards because of one past indiscretion, if he interviews poorly then I'm sure he gets knocked off.

---------- Post added at 11:40 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:39 AM ----------

Sorry.....no. I like Niklas, but outside of the frame he isn't half the athlete Gronk is. I like both of them in round 2, but no I can't possibly see the parallel there aside from the catch radius. Both these guys are a lot more polished than Troy too.

Niklas is the only tight end in this draft I like in the first 3 rounds. He's a MAULER in the run game. Can be the best blocking tight end in the NFL. He's a top 10 Tight End no doubt. Db's have to make a business decision when squaring up on him in the open field. Great catch radius and a dominant blocker in the run game. He may not be as polished, but tight ends, more so than any other position get a lot better in the NFL. Ebron is immature and drops way to many easy passes. Not much of a blocker, but not bad for a "receiving" tight end. Amaro won't block a soul. Jenkins is soft. People wonder why Miami can't run the damn ball.. because Clay cannot reach a 9 tech to save his life. Niklas can with ease.

why would people compare asj and eifert anyways...one is more the flex and wide mismatch option although he can play some in line and the others more the in line guy and underneath red zone target

makes no sense...

and no niklas is not gronk either...none of these guys are as physically dominating as gronk...forget about it

that said one tight end picked in the top 49 picks...ebron...asj the only other one that has a shot cause he can play every down from the get...even though even he will be a rotation guy at first i'd say

IMHO, Eifert was the clear best prospect of Eifert, Ertz and ASJ.

Eifert is longer and faster and by far the best catcher in traffic with vice grip hands. The only area he trails is blocking. I'd say that Ertz is the best blocker with some very good potential as a run blocker, followed by ASJ who is solid in run blocking and pass pro, followed by Eifert who isn't quite up to the level of the other two in run blocking or pass protection yet. None of the 3 truly excel at blocking yet, but all 3 have decent potential and are developing.

Eifert is by far the best red zone threat followed by ASJ and then Ertz. Eifert is the best seam threat of the 3 as well, followed by Ertz and then ASJ who can still be a seam threat but has a smaller margin for error.

As far as clutch 3rd down receiving goes, again it is Eifert, Ertz and then ASJ, who needs to do a better job of holding on to the football.

Personally, ASJ looked overweight, out of shape, and disinterested this year. I really wonder if his health issue is perhaps more chronic than we know. He is a good player, but he definitely had a down year. Hopefully whatever the cause, he can return to the player we saw in previous years. I like the player.

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk
Towards the end of last season, some good judges thought that Ertz had passed Eifert. Chip Kelly likes using TE's. (Hopefully, Bill Lazor has learned to enjoy creating matchup problems for Defenses). While Eifert was more impressive at college for Notre Dame, Ertz could be the better NFL player.

I wouldn't go overboard comparing him to Eifert. That's a notch up in class. Eifert is better than his reputation coming off his rookie year. We had a big chance last year to sit there at #12 and grab a special talent in either Eifert, or Richardson at defensive tackle. Star would have been a good choice also, although I preferred Richardson.

why would people compare asj and eifert anyways...one is more the flex and wide mismatch option although he can play some in line and the others more the in line guy and underneath red zone target

makes no sense...

and no niklas is not gronk either...none of these guys are as physically dominating as gronk...forget about it

that said one tight end picked in the top 49 picks...ebron...asj the only other one that has a shot cause he can play every down from the get...even though even he will be a rotation guy at first i'd say

I never said any of them are gronk. But if you're looking for a big physical tight end that can get movement in the run game, as well as have the size to play above the rim, look no further than Niklas. I've had him as a late 1st rounder ever since the Michigan game this year. His floor is a Zach Miller type tight end, although I think he will be much, much better than that.

if you are gonna compare asj you are probably looking more at a jermaine gresham type...a guy who had to work at his craft in line as a blocker but had the frame etc to be able to become solid at it...and play primarily in line with some flex capabilities

greshams deceptive down the seam but not a guy safeties squeeze over...asj won't be either...

Niklas is the only tight end in this draft I like in the first 3 rounds. He's a MAULER in the run game. Can be the best blocking tight end in the NFL. He's a top 10 Tight End no doubt. Db's have to make a business decision when squaring up on him in the open field. Great catch radius and a dominant blocker in the run game. He may not be as polished, but tight ends, more so than any other position get a lot better in the NFL. Ebron is immature and drops way to many easy passes. Not much of a blocker, but not bad for a "receiving" tight end. Amaro won't block a soul. Jenkins is soft. People wonder why Miami can't run the damn ball.. because Clay cannot reach a 9 tech to save his life. Niklas can with ease.

I like Niklas a lot, not arguing with you. But he's not a 4.6 guy like Gronk...he's hardly a 4.8 guy, which means he's not gonna stretch the seam. I'm hoping a good TE gets knocked down to the 3rd round, Niklas is my #3 guy now. He's got great upside as a blocker, great catch radius as you mentioned but he's not as explosive as ASJ and he doesn't have the same production as a pass catcher. Like him a lot though, if I was drawing up the best fits for our team at TE it'd be ASJ, Niklas, Amaro, Fiedorowicz.

if you are gonna compare asj you are probably looking more at a jermaine gresham type...a guy who had to work at his craft in line as a blocker but had the frame etc to be able to become solid at it...and play primarily in line with some flex capabilities

greshams deceptive down the seam but not a guy safeties squeeze over...asj won't be either...

See that's not a bad comparison...I can definitely see that. I think he's a better prospect though, think he's more polished as a blocker and more talented with the ball in his hands than Gresham.

gresham was pretty good with the ball in his hands coming out of oklahoma...i tell ya that...but he's gotten a lot more physical as a blocker in line in the pros...

asj isn't all that sudden or explosive but he's a big body that can do work...just don't expect it to mandate coverage like some of the other freak tight ends in the league...outside of the red zone he won't warrant special attention...he's more talented as a pass catcher etc than fasano i know that much

ASJ has a very nice game...and would compliment what the team already has very well.

Back
Top Bottom