Watch A Breakdown Of 6 Poor Reads By Tannehill From The Patriots Game. | Page 10 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Watch A Breakdown Of 6 Poor Reads By Tannehill From The Patriots Game.

Even when RT has a solid game, he leaves a lot of yards and points on the field.
Sadly, he’s just not a natural or instinctive passer and after 7 yrs, it’s unlikely he’ll ever be.
Gase was correct, there were guys open all day.
We’ll see how the rest of the season plays out, but anything less than 9 wins and I think we’ll have seen the last of RT in a phins uniform.
with how much young talent comes into the league now, I agree. There are so many guys under 25 that are better than him.

Tannehaters are out in full-force and this is why. I expect and hope for a bounce-back game next week.

Follow me on Twitter: https://twitter.com/AnthonySabaNFL

Subscribe to my YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCA1NYMh3KO7UNrWhXbg3XGQ

appreciate you breaking down the ugly plays after an ugly loss. It sounds like you're a supporter, so that's awesome you can be realistic when he doesn't play well. A lot of people on this forum can learn from your analysis. keep up the good work. hopefully more encouraging video content for next week!

Last edited:
How old is that kid? I see he is in his 6th year of college football. Red-shirted in 2013.

I had no idea honestly. I knew he redshirted I figured this was given that his red shirt junior season.

Turns out he’s a red shirt senior. Red shirted in 2013 broke his ankle his red shirt sophomore year 4 games in and was given a medical redshirt. So yeah this is his 6th year.

That definitely takes a little shine off the penny but it probably means he has a better chance of seeing our pick come April.

I’ve seen already where Todd Mcshay has him the top rated qb in the class. And it doesn’t surprise me. Pro style.

Tua to me would be an easy 2020 pick. But something happens to tanny this year or he plays poorly (which I wouldn’t bet on over 16 games but to each his own) Finley would be the qb id be after in 2019.

I had no idea honestly. I knew he redshirted I figured this was given that his red shirt junior season.

Turns out he’s a red shirt senior. Red shirted in 2013 broke his ankle his red shirt sophomore year 4 games in and was given a medical redshirt. So yeah this is his 6th year.

That definitely takes a little shine off the penny but it probably means he has a better chance of seeing our pick come April.

I’ve seen already where Todd Mcshay has him the top rated qb in the class. And it doesn’t surprise me. Pro style.

Tua to me would be an easy 2020 pick. But something happens to tanny this year or he plays poorly (which I wouldn’t bet on over 16 games but to each his own) Finley would be the qb id be after in 2019.

I was starting to see some scouts before the season singing the praises of the Michigan State QB, Brian Lewerke but he has like 5 TD & 5 Ints so far and has fallen big time.

Right now it seems your guy is QB1 with Drew Lock or Hebert as #2.

Tannehill had a rough day as did most of the team. This one was a hard one to watch and I actually shut it off after the first series of the 3rd quarter. It was mind blowingly bad & reminded me of the Marino loss to Jacksonville. I don't know how SO MANY players can look so bad for an entire game. It was an embarrassment.

That being said, Tannehill has these games once in awhile. He has only had 6 (including last week) games with a QB rating under 50. Three in his rookie year and two the following year.....none since then up until Sunday. Averages about 1 sub 50 game per year. By comparison, Matt Ryan has 7 in 10 seasons....just to keep it in perspective.

I have no clue how everyone comes out so flat for a huge game like this but we seem to do it one or two times a year.

Honestly, the team's body language(to me) suggested they looked scared and just knew they were going to get beat.

There was no point of fighting back. The Patriots are just better at the most important positions QB and coaching.

It's sad but that's what i read from them.

Finley is a Senior, he transferred from Boise St. as a grad transfer a few years ago. He's probably one of the two or three top Senior QB's in this class depending on how you like em, but he has some very real limitations. He's not a franchise caliber quarterback in the NFL. I think he's more of a lower tier starter in the NFL, to an upper echelon backup. I like the kid, but I scout these players every week. He just doesn't quite make the throws that appear on film by a legitimate top prospect.

He has a tendency to stare down receivers. He'll lock on and his feet go dead. Just watched him have 3 throws in a game last week that were just as likely to be intercepted as they were completed. He's good short to intermediate, but he really falls off a cliff throwing downfield. He has some really good receivers, Kelvin Harmon in particular, who bail him out on some throws. I watched him overthrow Harmon by 4 or 5 yards last year on what should've been an easy touchdown....a route where Harmon had completely beaten the DB. He doesn't do well with a little pressure in his face or chaos around him. He needs a clean pocket.

His ball placement is inconsistent. He's dead on sometimes, then the receiver will have to leave his feet to make a catch on another. If you watch all of his games, you see him more for what he really is. Finley is older, and not in the category of Justin Herbert as a prospect. Finley is a 3rd round prospect in my opinion. I think what he's asked to do in the offense he plays in will help his transition.

Finley is a Senior, he transferred from Boise St. as a grad transfer a few years ago. He's probably one of the two or three top Senior QB's in this class depending on how you like em, but he has some very real limitations. He's not a franchise caliber quarterback in the NFL. I think he's more of a lower tier starter in the NFL, to an upper echelon backup. I like the kid, but I scout these players every week. He just doesn't quite make the throws that appear on film by a legitimate top prospect.

He has a tendency to stare down receivers. He'll lock on and his feet go dead. Just watched him have 3 throws in a game last week that were just as likely to be intercepted as they were completed. He's good short to intermediate, but he really falls off a cliff throwing downfield. He has some really good receivers, Kelvin Harmon in particular, who bail him out on some throws. I watched him overthrow Harmon by 4 or 5 yards last year on what should've been an easy touchdown....a route where Harmon had completely beaten the DB. He doesn't do well with a little pressure in his face or chaos around him. He needs a clean pocket.

His ball placement is inconsistent. He's dead on sometimes, then the receiver will have to leave his feet to make a catch on another. If you watch all of his games, you see him more for what he really is. Finley is older, and not in the category of Justin Herbert as a prospect. Finley is a 3rd round prospect in my opinion. I think what he's asked to do in the offense he plays in will help his transition.

Good call Ted, he reminds me of John Beck 2.0.

Gee man as ever in awe of your depth of knowledge of these kids, thanks for the insight.

I was gonna say that there doesn’t appear to be a lot of upside with Finley so if you are trying to swing for the fences this isn’t the guy.

I only saw him one game been meaning to take more looks and I will at some point but if someone says they’ve taken a long in depth game look and seen limitations etc I’d take their word for it given my little exposure so far.

I do think however if you are looking for 2019 Tannehill insurance with some upside even if it’s not blow you out the water physical tools etc then this kid makes sense.

6 years in college yeah that’s something to absolutely take into account when assessing his asset value. Ie draft pick capitol.

If Miami finishes worse than 8-8 at minimum I’m ready for a new QB. I’ve liked RT since Day 1 but enough would be enough at that point.
At that point miami probably needs to start over from scratch as well as far as the roster goes. Any decent player over 30 needs traded because they’re just wasting their prime years with tannehill.

He's got Clemson,FSU, and Syracuse co.ing up the next few weeks. Should be a good chance to take a closer look at him.

Tannehill is who we know he is. If everything around him is working then he will generally perform ok. When it’s not ok, he will fail miserably. Too bad Gase couldn’t dial up any more one yard shovel passes vs the Pats.

It’s seven years of this. We knew this long enough ago to understand.

I had tickets to Denver v KC on Monday night and got a first hand look at Mahomes in person as well as Keenum. I envisioned RT as the QB in KC and what that would look like. And I’m certain it would look like a poor mans Alex Smith. And nothing like Mahomes.

Until this franchise rids itself of the human albatross named RT, the floundering will continue. There will be some games this year where he has a good statistical game. And the apologists will be there in droves. But this changes nothing for a guy who just can’t get it done consistently when the storm is above.

So much this. When the team around him is playing well, he’s playing well. When the team is awful, he’s awful as we saw in New England. There’s never a game where the team sucked but Tannehill did not. Tannehill literally needs a top 10 O-line, an above average running game and to be at home just to barely beat mediocre teams.

Tannehill can’t beat the AFC east consistently
Tannehill can’t beat winning teams
Tannehill can’t win high pressure games
Tannehill can’t win on the road consistently

How could anyone possibly think Miami can still win with him?

Don’t give me it’s a team game if you’re one of those people who kept saying Tannehill was 10-1 in his last 11 starts before last week.

Back
Top Bottom