Watch A Breakdown Of 6 Poor Reads By Tannehill From The Patriots Game. | Page 8 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Watch A Breakdown Of 6 Poor Reads By Tannehill From The Patriots Game.

Don't know absolute football truth. Don't care to hypothesize. What matters (IMO) is MAKING PLAYS and finding a way to win. Or at LEAST compete at a high level. Beyond that -- do it consistently and put a QUALITY PRODUCT on the field -- no excuses. No loser limps.

My take -- we've gotten so accustomed to crap we're like thrilled with factory farm grade hamburger.

38 to 7 is all that matters. And is sucks. And its inexcusable. It's garbage.

Beyond that -- I'll be optimistic and blame it on the lunar cycles whatever.

But let's NOT have another showing like THAT again this year because

"get it done or get outta town!"

We ALL want a team worthy of our investment. otherwise -- we're losers as well.

My opinion. Of course.

BNF

I tried on a tin foil hat and Miami gave this game to NE.

Not sure what the NFL paid or promised Ross but they got what they needed, a NE victory.

If Miami somehow finds a way to beat Cinci, I'll be vindicated.

If not, I'll adjust the antennas :lie:

Good job.

Mr. Tannehill meet Mr. Amendola.

You're such a Cheater punk!

:)

I hope you're back here after we play our home game when you don't get ridiculous bennies of playing

in Cheaterland! In the interim -- shouldn't you be tuning up your snow plow or sucking on some lime?

Tannehill is who we know he is. If everything around him is working then he will generally perform ok. When it’s not ok, he will fail miserably. Too bad Gase couldn’t dial up any more one yard shovel passes vs the Pats.

It’s seven years of this. We knew this long enough ago to understand.

I had tickets to Denver v KC on Monday night and got a first hand look at Mahomes in person as well as Keenum. I envisioned RT as the QB in KC and what that would look like. And I’m certain it would look like a poor mans Alex Smith. And nothing like Mahomes.

Until this franchise rids itself of the human albatross named RT, the floundering will continue. There will be some games this year where he has a good statistical game. And the apologists will be there in droves. But this changes nothing for a guy who just can’t get it done consistently when the storm is above.

That's always boggling with these "progression" claims. Unless any of us is sitting on the sideline during the game and knows the play called and have a playbook at hand it is just simply speculation. As a matter of fact I call it excuse making.

Thanks for that analysis.

That’s just not accurate. Honestly that sounds like justification for people who don’t know them more than anything else. “I’m not in the locker room how could I know?”

And furthermore if you don’t know the progressions the last thing you should be doing is starting video gifs and asking people to follow you with your analysis while you bang the qb for wrong reads.

And what’s this half field read stuff? If by half field reads they mean 2 deep well that’s the coverage played and the ask. Tiered half field reads? Guess what the entire league uses them.

Last edited by a moderator:
Tannehill is who we know he is. If everything around him is working then he will generally perform ok. When it’s not ok, he will fail miserably. Too bad Gase couldn’t dial up any more one yard shovel passes vs the Pats.

It’s seven years of this. We knew this long enough ago to understand.

I had tickets to Denver v KC on Monday night and got a first hand look at Mahomes in person as well as Keenum. I envisioned RT as the QB in KC and what that would look like. And I’m certain it would look like a poor mans Alex Smith. And nothing like Mahomes.

Until this franchise rids itself of the human albatross named RT, the floundering will continue. There will be some games this year where he has a good statistical game. And the apologists will be there in droves. But this changes nothing for a guy who just can’t get it done consistently when the storm is above.

Dude! Serious stuff. I get ya. But ya know -- Thill is what he is and you can't blame him

for the coaching staff expecting him to be something he isn't.

I still think you can win with the kid -- but like I've been sayin',

our O seems to be designed for a QB we don't have.

Like we all know it starts up front -- specifically running the pig...

Kids like Mahomes are rare. We ain't got one. Chances are we ain't gonna get one.

So the question is can you play consistent winning football without one?

If Gase is expecting Ryan to be another Manning we're screwed.

But I just don't know what our plan is.

Ppl are getting the cause incorrect, if Tanny doesn't play well it's never simply because of pre snap id, post snap decisions and progression, Innate passing ability is what separates the average and the Elites. A QB can make all the text book reads and still not be NFL Franchise QB material, Pre snap and post snap play is very nuanced, there's a clear cut wrong answer (strength of the defense) but after that there's usually many different right answers a qb can make that range from good to optimal. The elites are factoring a lot of thing pre snap and post snap, CB and Safety coverage leverages and personnel matchups, defensive coverage is pretty much going to dictate where u go with the football for 80% of the QBs in the NFL, the elites are throwing u open (especially Wentz and Rodgers)

Dude! Serious stuff. I get ya. But ya know -- Thill is what he is and you can't blame him

for the coaching staff expecting him to be something he isn't.

I still think you can win with the kid -- but like I've been sayin',

our O seems to be designed for a QB we don't have.

Like we all know it starts up front -- specifically running the pig...

Kids like Mahomes are rare. We ain't got one. Chances are we ain't gonna get one.

So the question is can you play consistent winning football without one?

If Gase is expecting Ryan to be another Manning we're screwed.

But I just don't know what our plan is.

I'm not ready to put Mahomes in the Elite class just yet

I think you will need a great defense, very good OL and have elite players at the skill positions to compete if u don't have an elite QB.
Considering all the resources you need to compete at a high level if u don't have an elite QB, It's better draft until you find one.

Ppl are getting the cause incorrect, if Tanny doesn't play well it's never simply because of pre snap id, post snap decisions and progression, Innate passing ability is what separates the average and the Elites. A QB can make all the text book reads and still not be NFL Franchise QB material, Pre snap and post snap play is very nuanced, there's a clear cut wrong answer (strength of the defense) but after that there's usually many different right answers a qb can make that range from good to optimal. The elites are factoring a lot of thing pre snap and post snap, CB and Safety coverage leverages and personnel matchups, defensive coverage is pretty much going to dictate where u go with the football for 80% of the QBs in the NFL, the elites are throwing u open (especially Wentz and Rodgers)

Right. I think a lot of us get that. Doesn't mean Ryan sucks -- but he has his limitations.

So why does our O seem to be built for a QB we don't have?

That's my silly basic ????

Last edited:
I'm not ready to put Mahomes in the Elite class just yet

I think you will need a great defense, very good OL and have elite players at the skill positions to compete if u don't have an elite QB.
Considering all the resources you need to compete at a high level if u don't have an elite QB, It's better draft until you find one.

That sounds like any easy fix but there are Billions of peeps on the wOrld and only 6 or 7 of the dudes you're talkin' 'bout.

I mean where is Patty White these days?

Or maybe (even better) Steve Grogan?

Right. I think a lot of us get that. Diesn't mean Ryan sucks -- but he has his limitations.

So why does out O seem to be built for a QB we don't have?

That's my silly basic ????

I'm not sure Gase believes in Tanny 100% his offensive philosophy varies a lot from game to game, I don't think that helps Tanny.

I'm not sure Gase believes in Tanny 100% his offensive philosophy varies a lot from game to game, I don't think that helps Tanny.

The way we have played it the first 4 weeks I’d say as a whole I agree. I’d say that’s more opponent based than anything else but there’s definitely missing aspects in the play calls to date driven by something.
Although he did allow the qb to do more this last week. Of course that was coverage dictated. Pats basically played a form of press with a single deep or rotating single deep safety and vs these looks with our perimeter speed we damn well better take shots.

But I think that zone read which we tabled vs the pats cause you know they were prepared for it given belis preparation and attention to detail is inability to run the ball driven primary and interior o line marginal play secondary.

And I’m expecting more of it vs teams that have legit outside shoulder win options which we are gonna finally see this weekend and going forward. We haven’t seen anything there yet.

Why? Try to jump start the run game and limit the edge rush impact

That sounds like any easy fix but there are Billions of peeps on the wOrld and only 6 or 7 of the dudes you're talkin' 'bout.

I mean where is Patty White these days?

Or maybe (even better) Steve Grogan?

Yea your right and that's why there's only about 5 to 6 teams consistently in the playoffs every year, the other option is too draft well and do amazing in free agency to build a great team around your QB.

Back
Top Bottom