Watch A Breakdown Of 6 Poor Reads By Tannehill From The Patriots Game. | Page 7 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Watch A Breakdown Of 6 Poor Reads By Tannehill From The Patriots Game.

The Oline is bad clearly bad.

Gase should have used Tannehide more in the run game.Drake too.

In no way shape or form can you sit here and just beat on Tannehide for a overall piss poor performance by this team.

oh and Burke is just not a DC.

None of us know his true progression on these plays as we don't work for the Phins. Regardless, on some plays he "zeroes" in on a WR who isn't open and throws it anyway without going through his progression. On other's he's just not accurate, and on one or two, he has time to go through his progression but doesn't, forcing it to a WR instead of finding the open man.

It's a combination of things, none of which are very good.

That's always boggling with these "progression" claims. Unless any of us is sitting on the sideline during the game and knows the play called and have a playbook at hand it is just simply speculation. As a matter of fact I call it excuse making.

Thanks for that analysis.

What a thread. A&O, CK, ASNFL, Kdawg, Alabama dropping dimes of knowledge. Even the dark side shared their Tannehill doubts solidly.

Just wish I spoke the same language as our experts.

ASNFL - much appreciation for getting the conversation started

A&O - Man, you gotta dumb it down for most of us. You're talking way over our heads.

If no one knows the exact route combos, then why are you trying to project that you do.
This aqua and orange fella knows more about the fundamentals of a play then more than 2/3 of the posters on this site. I would believe him 99% of the time. CK is another incredible poster. Those two are straight up the most knowledgeable posters here.
Easy there fella. Others do not provide any videos and nobody has access to the playbook. You can take their word for gospel if you want to but don't **** on someone who went through the effort of providing visual aid.

Easy there fella. Others do not provide any videos and nobody access to the playbook. You can take their word for gospel if you want to but don't **** on someone who went through the effort of providing visual aid.

Good point. We should start a gofundme to get A&O some tech lessons.

As far as AnthonySabaNFL goes, give him a follow. He earns it every week.

Everyone in this thread needs to take a look @AnthonySabaNFL OL video break-down.

Not trying to bail Tannehill out, but hint, our OL guys are getting destroyed by LBs! Yes, LBs!

I knew he played poorly during this game, but he really missed a lot of opportunities. As for the comment about not knowing his progressions, it is nonsense. Coach Gase was clear about. Amendola and Grant were open frequently.

Gase saw open receivers all day and Tannehill had a bad game but he was very sharp against the Jets. Way too many 3 and outs this game and no drive over 5 plays. That's on the QB and from the looks of Anthony's video, Tannehill didn't make the right reads and his timing was way off. To win consistantly, this has to be corrected as well as the penalties. Gase's team his QB and probably his last year if the penalties continue and Tannehill stats end up in the bottom half of the league.

you guys need to see the other thread the OP started where you can see how bad the O-line was making it real hard for Tannehill. Yes he didn't play well but the O-line didn't help much either.

Well you know, Tannehill has always struggled pre snap and knowing where to go with the football. He doesn't see the entire field. He's always had a tendancy to lock on to his first read and struggles coming off of it. He's at his best with half field reads. A lot of times you can help quarterbacks who don't see the entire field well by using 3x1 alignments as opposed to 2x2 - but even that didn't help him.

I don't know what these coaches are teaching the TE's, but Gesicki's technique isn't the way I would teach it. He's never able to come to balance trying to block like an offensive lineman. He needs to be coached to block as if he were a running back. He needs to split his guy's crotch with his outside foot and force him to go around him. You always want to attack the inside leg of an outside rusher - meaning you have your "full" body in line with his inside leg as opposed to only half of your body. The rusher can go either way he chooses if you don't, and you'll lose unless you win the hand battle. That's just poor technique being coached.

This... yes.
RT17 was playing/reading only 1/2 the field vs Pats. I tweeted something similar and feel vindicated having found someone more knowledgeable provideing similar insight.

It seems when the play / opponent becomes difficult - he struggles. This struggle becomes apparent because he fails to adjust.
So if Read 1 or 2 is there he's OK- but if things fall apart- no rollouts- no stepping into pocket- none of the elite plays we see from the great ones.
Supporters will point to the handful of plays he had made and we havetalked about but those are the exception folks.
I'm sorry to say- I want to believe but in my heart of hearts - with 30 years of watching football- he doesn't have it.
Well what does that mean? Sure he is capable. We can go 10-6 if everything lines up --- but we aren't winning big games - especially on the road.
And I can name 15 QBS I rather have leading this team into the future. This makes him MEDIOCRE in a QB league.

This... yes.
RT17 was playing/reading only 1/2 the field vs Pats. I tweeted something similar and feel vindicated having found someone more knowledgeable provideing similar insight.

It seems when the play / opponent becomes difficult - he struggles. This struggle becomes apparent because he fails to adjust.
So if Read 1 or 2 is there he's OK- but if things fall apart- no rollouts- no stepping into pocket- none of the elite plays we see from the great ones.
Supporters will point to the handful of plays he had made and we havetalked about but those are the exception folks.
I'm sorry to say- I want to believe but in my heart of hearts - with 30 years of watching football- he doesn't have it.
Well what does that mean? Sure he is capable. We can go 10-6 if everything lines up --- but we aren't winning big games - especially on the road.
And I can name 15 QBS I rather have leading this team into the future. This makes him MEDIOCRE in a QB league.

Name the 15 "undisputed" "better" QBs that makes Tannehill Mediocre.

I dare you!

Name the 15 "undisputed" "better" QBs that makes Tannehill Mediocre.

I dare you!

Lol, I would like to hear the 15 QBs that could play better behind Miami’s offensive line. I could only think of 3 off the top of my head, Rodgers, Mahomes and Mayfield because I think he has a mich higher ceiling. However, you could put Brady behind our line and with our play calling and he would look like ****.

Where's the down vote gone ? It's Wednesday finally they are showing their faces again.

Listen the OP went to the effort of breaking down these plays, did a really good job of explaining to average joes like me how what transpired. If you look at his previous posts in other games, he's been pretty postive on Tannehill.

Instead of yourself and the other guy criticising his work because it doesn't fit with your agendas, offer an alternative analysis one which proves that Tannehill is the world beater you keep making out he is. Go on, you'll get an immediate like from me if you put the same effort into as the OP did.
The thread is full of back and forth discussion on these.... theres your alternative analysis...

Back
Top Bottom