Watch A Breakdown Of 6 Poor Reads By Tannehill From The Patriots Game. | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Watch A Breakdown Of 6 Poor Reads By Tannehill From The Patriots Game.

When it comes to qb play and I’m grading the qb he literally has to check every box from pre snap to post snap verification to verifying protections and accounting for it to execution to ball placement vs leverage and coverage etc.

And I’m not gonna ask him to skip progressions cause someone can still shot a guy open way down the progression when he doesnt need to.

Id man vs zone don’t mix it up don’t always require motion based coverage ids etc. hold your head in the center of the field in your drop to hold the safety and lb level.

Fail anywhere and I grade you down.

This was so frustrating to watch live.. I was screaming at the TV during the game. While I understand Gase can be a bit of a micro manager, Tannehill needs to look off the primary and even secondary in the progression to find the open guy if the play is not there.

I just don't get it. Hopefully, Tanny is watching a LOT of tape this week and can improve for the next game.

Good video and thanks for posting.

So Tannehill is good at making reads? Amendola is the 3rd or 4th option every play? His own head coach who called the plays is wrong too? I think what’s obvious is you’re still making excuses for Tannehill

I guess you missed the part about where gase said when those guys were open the protection broke down. When we did have protection we didn’t get open.

This guys provided I don’t know 5 or 6 clips and just about all of them he’s given you bad information. If it fits your agenda run with it. This isn’t my first rodeo. I broke down tape on a play by play basis for years on this site down to the progressions and coverage ids. And all I ever heard when I asked someone to if they disputed my analysis show me where it’s off was crickets.

It was called hoops scoops. And I did a weekly qb play by play. I just didn’t have gifs. Wasn’t savvy enough. Still aren’t lol

I like the video but you could breakdown 6 bad reads for every QB in the league in every game in every week.

yup i was watching all 22 of dalton at the falcons and he missed stuff. the difference is, he also dropped some dimes and made some great reads and scored 30 something points.

None of us know his true progression on these plays as we don't work for the Phins. Regardless, on some plays he "zeroes" in on a WR who isn't open and throws it anyway without going through his progression. On other's he's just not accurate, and on one or two, he has time to go through his progression but doesn't, forcing it to a WR instead of finding the open man.

It's a combination of things, none of which are very good.

Tannehill isn't a great QB. He's decent. Let's all accept that fact and stop arguing about it. I rarely post on here but I read the threads daily. You made a great video breakdown @AnthonySabaNFL

Tanny got spooked by the Pats and his play suffered. If he could just give us consistent average QB play that would be great. We've got enough talent around him to win.

I think the Gore play shows a lack of understanding the play and where everyone is on the field. That play probably bothers me the most. Big plays were available when he still had time. People talk about progressions? Looked to me like he locked into someone and never left no matter what.

I guess you missed the part about where gase said when those guys were open the protection broke down. When we did have protection we didn’t get open.

This guys provided I don’t know 5 or 6 clips and just about all of them he’s given you bad information. If it fits your agenda run with it. This isn’t my first rodeo. I broke down tape on a play by play basis for years on this site down to the progressions and coverage ids. And all I ever heard when I asked someone to if they disputed my analysis was crickets.

It was called hoops scoops.

Ok that’s fine but you’ve also been the biggest Tannehill supporter on the site for years so you actually probably have more of an “agenda” than me. I love your insight too but it’s pretty clear Tannehill made some bad reads and throws and missed some open check downs and you still don’t wanna hear anything about it - it gets hard to take you seriously bro. That’s all I’m saying I’m not trying to argue tho I know you know your stuff

Great job, thank you. One nitpick. On the next to last play, the interception, you say Grant was open on the post. The reality is, the free safety was reading the QB. If Tannehill looks Grant's way, the FS is there with plenty of time. Only way to make that play is to look the FS off, then go back to Grant and make the play. Totally doable, just thought to mention it wasn't as simple as throwing it to Grant.

Tannehill had some misses in the game but that first play featured was 3rd & 10. Checking down to Kenyan Drake was not realistic with the pressure that was on him. At the time you've got Kenyan highlighted for how open he was, Ryan was literally in the midst of a bear-hug by a DL, after he had already released the football.

Ryan would have had to make that checkdown decision pre-snap, and even then he didn't have the time to let it develop because it was a delayed route. He would have had to scramble, buy extra time, and THEN get to it.

That is not a fair criticism.

He should have set his feet properly, though.

I don't think any coach is going to criticize his decision. He had the right decision on that first play. Danny Amendola was the read. Bad throw, because of pressure, and because he didn't set his feet. But they got bailed by the holding.

Great job, thank you. One nitpick. On the next to last play, the interception, you say Grant was open on the post. The reality is, the free safety was reading the QB. If Tannehill looks Grant's way, the FS is there with plenty of time. Only way to make that play is to look the FS off, then go back to Grant and make the play. Totally doable, just thought to mention it wasn't as simple as throwing it to Grant.

I see what you're saying, but if you look at the safety you mention, he's shaded on the left hash and much further away from Grant.

Ok that’s fine but you’ve also been the biggest Tannehill supporter on the site for years so you actually probably have more of an “agenda” than me. I love your insight too but it’s pretty clear Tannehill made some bad reads and throws and missed some open check downs and you still don’t wanna hear anything about it - it gets hard to take you seriously bro. That’s all I’m saying I’m not trying to argue tho I know you know your stuff

I’m not worried about you taking me seriously. That goes for all of you. It’s up to you to decide who’s blowing smoke up your rear and who’s not.

I know why gase backs that qb and it isn’t for poor coverage reads or post snap verifications nor for execution by the qb. Of course the tape tells me that.

Just don’t expect me to sit here and be told about all these coverage mis reads or being stuck on a primary etc when that’s not what the tape says. Cause that’s not my game.

This is not correct, IMO.

You have to pay attention to the spacing. The FS was still outside of the hashes. Regardless of what his responsibility was (to patrol between the numbers), his initial placement as a Split Safety meant that Jakeem Grant was wide open on a free release, had stacked his corner, and at that point Tannehill can either hit him right at the numbers and not fear the FS, or he could have even led him back to the sideline and it would have been either a deep completion or a pass interference.

This is not correct, IMO.

You have to pay attention to the spacing. The FS was still outside of the hashes. Regardless of what his responsibility was (to patrol between the numbers), his initial placement as a Split Safety meant that Jakeem Grant was wide open on a free release, had stacked his corner, and at that point Tannehill can either hit him right at the numbers and not fear the FS, or he could have even led him back to the sideline and it would have been either a deep completion or a pass interference.

I don’t necessarily agree with this one either. But I do understand where ck comes from with it.

Back
Top Bottom