watch jay cutler now! | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

watch jay cutler now!

nolefin

thank you
Reaction score
i was flipping through the channels and noticed they are replaying the vandy tenn game it is on c.s.s, its a southeast sports channel so some of you will not get to watch, watch him and let me know what you think.

Sorry dont know if its me but Im a little iffy about the fins being run by another QB with the name Jay. :tongue:

I am a Georgia grad and I have watched Cutler play a lot..

in SEC country. He is worth anywhere from a 2 to 3 rd pick. He is smart, but sometimes makes bad choices, but was not surrounded by the best talent, even though he did have a very good wr. Could do worse.

Lee2000

he's very raw. this is his first year in anything resembling a pro-style offense. he has sloppy footwork and mechanics, but those can be fixed. those who want him will have to wait a bit for everything to come together. he's just not a guy who you draft and let play immediately

I like guys that put fear into players and Cutler does that. In that article about him earlier there were Tennessee defenders saying Cutler could be the best QB they've faced and they had faced the likes of Croyle, Shockley, Hackney, Chris Leak, Jamarcus Russell, and even Brady Quinn himself.

You gotta pay attention when the guys on the field say something like that. Players who strike fear into defenders...that's something you always want. Like when Mueller says he likes to get fast receivers, but qualified that as guys that you look at the film and see the cornerback back off him an extra yard or two before the snap. There's speed on the track and then there's speed that corners are afraid of and they aren't NECESSARILY the same thing (though often are). Similarly, guys who make defenders afraid or frustrated have a big advantage on the field because those defenders don't end up playing the same way they would truly like to play. That's why I really respect Mike Vick's game as opposed to many others, like KB21 for instance, because when you listen to the players who have to play against him, they speak quite reverently of him (let's not turn this into a Mike Vick debate I'm just making a point about guys who put the fear into a defender).

Dolfinite said:
Sorry dont know if its me but Im a little iffy about the fins being run by another QB with the name Jay. :tongue:

I was thinking the same thing and no one whose last name starts will F...:D

He's probably the second best senior QB coming out this year. I'd rather draft him than sell the farm to move up for Leinart, but thats just me.

Just to share a story along the lines, I know a guy here who use to play for a big school and use to be a running back. His thing was he loved to be physical and hit the heck out of any linebacker or defensive back that dared tackle him. As such he was more of a role player (LOL) than a feature guy. I think he use to play for Texas actually.

Anyway he was recounting to me how they use to play T-Tech, and go up against Zach Thomas. He said he was one of those guys who had a rep, but he looked so damn small you were like, "oh man I'm going to kill him" And then during the course of the game it would frustrate the heck out of you because every time you turn around, against all odds, he's right there and dragging you down. They start to try and block him and release offensive linemen on him, and he's still right there, and nobody knows how and everyone collectively is getting ticked off. After one of those plays he says he turned around to an offensive lineman that was supposed to get Zach and says "Man, weren't you suppose to GET him? Why didn't you???" And the OL just says "Man you're not going to believe this, but I DID get him."

Just another day at the office for Zach.

nolefin said:
i was flipping through the channels and noticed they are replaying the vandy tenn game it is on c.s.s, its a southeast sports channel so some of you will not get to watch, watch him and let me know what you think.

They're also replaying the USC Fresno State game on Fox Sports West 2, a much more entertaining game.

ckparrothead said:
I like guys that put fear into players and Cutler does that. In that article about him earlier there were Tennessee defenders saying Cutler could be the best QB they've faced and they had faced the likes of Croyle, Shockley, Hackney, Chris Leak, Jamarcus Russell, and even Brady Quinn himself.

You gotta pay attention when the guys on the field say something like that. Players who strike fear into defenders...that's something you always want. Like when Mueller says he likes to get fast receivers, but qualified that as guys that you look at the film and see the cornerback back off him an extra yard or two before the snap. There's speed on the track and then there's speed that corners are afraid of and they aren't NECESSARILY the same thing (though often are). Similarly, guys who make defenders afraid or frustrated have a big advantage on the field because those defenders don't end up playing the same way they would truly like to play. That's why I really respect Mike Vick's game as opposed to many others, like KB21 for instance, because when you listen to the players who have to play against him, they speak quite reverently of him (let's not turn this into a Mike Vick debate I'm just making a point about guys who put the fear into a defender).

good stuff CK. i remember randy talking about that. does chambers do that to corners?

cutler sounds better and better the more i hear about him. the problem him is that its a tough pill to swallow knowing that another year or two will be tossed away.

ckparrothead said:
Just another day at the office for Zach.

i think ronnie brown is starting to be like that too. they guy is just sooo hard to bring down and when you do bring him down, he never offers his body up to be hit squarely,

Maynard said:
good stuff CK. i remember randy talking about that. does chambers do that to corners?

cutler sounds better and better the more i hear about him. the problem him is that its a tough pill to swallow knowing that another year or two will be tossed away.

Hmm. Well, I get reluctant to say something like that. How many said the same thing about Big Ben Roethlesberger? Talent is talent, it can happen even in a rookie season if you put him in the right situation to succeed. I know it is a bit against the odds, but hey the Bears are 7-3 with a rookie FOURTH round pick at QB.

Back
Top Bottom