watch jay cutler now! | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

watch jay cutler now!

Maynard said:
i think ronnie brown is starting to be like that too. they guy is just sooo hard to bring down and when you do bring him down, he never offers his body up to be hit squarely,

He is to us. I'm just waiting to start hearing some of the players he plays against say it. So far most of them before they play us seem a lot more concerned about Ricky Williams based on reputation. Hopefully, after they get done, they're more concerned about Ronnie Brown :)

ckparrothead said:
Hmm. Well, I get reluctant to say something like that. How many said the same thing about Big Ben Roethlesberger? Talent is talent, it can happen even in a rookie season if you put him in the right situation to succeed. I know it is a bit against the odds, but hey the Bears are 7-3 with a rookie FOURTH round pick at QB.

true. well im just going by what i read here about him: that hes very raw. but you are right, its possible. plus, i would rather suffer another year or two, knowing that there is a franchise Qb to go along with a franchise RB...first time in 30 years for this team?

if this guy is a gun slinger, i like it.

Cutler looks very good it may take a year for him to develop though but he's worth it IMO.

For some guys it's easy, for others it is not. Never know until you get him in camp. A guy like Leinart has had such success with what he's been doing in USC for 3 years now that maybe he would be the one that is difficult to adapt to the NFL way of doing things. The guy has to be truly convinced that this is the best way to be doing things and a guy who has had all the success in college might be still in his heart convinced that what he did in college was the best way of doing things.

Cutler knows he's been on a pretty bad team. He might be a bit eager to learn.

ckparrothead said:
He is to us. I'm just waiting to start hearing some of the players he plays against say it. So far most of them before they play us seem a lot more concerned about Ricky Williams based on reputation. Hopefully, after they get done, they're more concerned about Ronnie Brown :)

After the Buffalo game, Nate Clements went on the record saying Ronnie was really a load to bring down. I'm sure out of pride a lot of guys won't really talk about getting run over by a rookie back though.

ghost of marino said:
After the Buffalo game, Nate Clements went on the record saying Ronnie was really a load to bring down. I'm sure out of pride a lot of guys won't really talk about getting run over by a rookie back though.

Yeah that's true. Don't want to talk about a rookie basically running over you. Suffice it to say that Mike Minter and Greg Wesley are about as tight-lipped as can be on the subject of Ronnie Brown :)

Hey who knows, maybe we could trade down pickup some extra later picks and still get this guy. Never know.

I would love to see Jay Cutler in a Dolphins uniform. I think he is very raw and Im not sure that he could play in his first year. But if he did we could take alot of pressure off him with the running game. If we get one of my top two FA's in Lecharles Bentley or Steve Hutchinson, add to that the rest of the line has had a year to gel under a good coach we could be in a situation to let him learn under fire.

He is playing at Vandy, the coaching he has recieved ....how to put it gently ....Leaves something to be desired. He isnt as ready to play as he would be if he played at any of the big schools. So he is still raw.

Jay "Veal" Cutler will be a top 10 pick after the senior bowl and the combine.;)

Nicky Napoleon said:
He is playing at Vandy, the coaching he has recieved ....how to put it gently ....Leaves something to be desired. He isnt as ready to play as he would be if he played at any of the big schools. So he is still raw.

There's two sides to that coin. He has experienced enough defeat in college and experienced the bad coaching enough that he might be quicker to buy into an NFL coach's programme than a guy with a distinguished track record like Brady Quinn and Matt Leinart.

I mean, Leinart has experienced success for 3 years in the system set up by Norm Chow (who is now an NFL offensive coordinator), so who is to say he doesn't step into a different situation and start immediately questioning whether or not they are doing things right wherever he is? I mean where he goes is liable to be a BAD team, right? And Leinart could say that he came from a system that is being run by an NFL team right now. Brady Quinn could say the same thing I mean he comes from the system of three time Super Bowl OC Charlie Weis. What if he goes to a team that has a system telling him to do things differently from what Weis told him? Will he buy in right away? Or will it take a year or two before he buys in?

Cutler could be eager to learn a "real" system and way of doing things, and he's got all the talent to make it work right away...and plus if Saban ever gets control of Scott Linehan (which it appears he's making headway, based on the Cleveland game plan of running the ball) then we could have the kind of ridiculously successful ground game that Orton and Roethlesberger had/have that takes the pressure off them. I'm not saying it's LIKELY. I'm saying anything could happen. If you look at the two guys who have had the most success recently as rookie QB's, Roethlesberger was supposed to be the most "raw" among he, Manning, and Rivers, while Kyle Orton had that really rough bad experience his senior year. Arguably, they both might have been a bit more "ready" than their counterparts to learn the pro way of doing things.

Nicky Napoleon said:
I agree completely.

Back
Top Bottom