watch jay cutler now! | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

watch jay cutler now!

Nicky Napoleon said:
He also tends to force throws, throw either flat footed or off the back foot, and floats alot of passes. He is still raw and you can blame it on coaching.

And a lack of good protection.

Nearly every week the team on the opposite side has better talent than his team.

Vanderbilt has not been, and is not a football power.

We all know a lack of time alters a QB's abilities to execute perfectly, this kid carries this team and makes it competitive with the big schools.

ckparrothead said:
The real keys are the speed of the game, and reading the NFL defenses. As for speed of the game, one could argue that the poor OL protection facing against SEC passrushers has had him playing at a pretty high speed for 4 years now.

There it is, nail on the head CK. This is why IMO Cutler will have an immediate advantage over Leinart in the first year. The speed of the game overwhelms most rookie qbs, but with Cutler facing constant pressure he'll be better prepared.

We've seen this with K.Warner. When he was in GB's camp the coaches felt he was JAG - just another guy. He plays in the ultra fast-paced Arena League and then everything slows down for him in the NFL.

Winbaby#23 said:
Jay "Veal" Cutler will be a top 10 pick after the senior bowl and the combine.;)
I happen to think along the same lines. He might be a 2nd pick now, but I think he does the same thing Ronnie did last year.

Ronnie was originally projected at this time of year to be a late 1st, early 2nd round pick and he might end up being the best RB in the draft. I think Cutler is the same thing.

jason campbell
david greene
eli manning
matt mauck
rex grossman
rohan davey
quincy carter
jesse palmer
josh booty
tee martin

these are the SEC quarterbacks drafted since 2000. can't say any of them had an advantage in their first year

Back
Top Bottom