Watch Our Poor Ol/te Blocking Shut Down An Entire 3-play Series. Games Are Won/lost In The Trenches | Page 8 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Watch Our Poor Ol/te Blocking Shut Down An Entire 3-play Series. Games Are Won/lost In The Trenches

I think top 12 is Haskins floor. If Herbert doesn’t come out I don’t think you are gonna sniff him.

He missed a few easy throws in the flat that your like what the...but theres just too much talent and upside. Way too much.

And you don’t feel like you are ever conceding anything either.

I think top 12 is Haskins floor. If Herbert doesn’t come out I don’t think you are gonna sniff him.

He missed a few easy throws in the flat that your like what the...but theres just too much talent and upside. Way too much.

And you don’t feel like you are ever conceding anything either.

Swift cutback move

We gotta fix his throwing motion, but there is upside with Haskins.

You want either of them with the giants and Jax in front of you you better go get them.

Cause they gonna be all in unless Jax settles for Eli Manning or something in win now mode which with Coughlin could happen I suppose. But I wouldn’t do it.

Denver’s gonna be lurking too.

Swift cutback move

We gotta fix his throwing motion, but there is upside with Haskins.

Height helps me overlook the motion a little. He looks 6 foot 5 to me. He threw the ball damn well on the run and he did a good job to extend plays to give guys time to get open vs zone. And I sure don’t see any issue with the arm. Maybe one deep ball died on him a little. But it all looks plenty good enough and I think you can expect continued strides as a passer in terms of executing the easy throws.

Throwing motion for Haskins is the biggest flaw I see. Accuracy won't be consistent until he gets that fixed.

Height helps me overlook the motion a little. He looks 6 foot 5 to me. He threw the ball damn well on the run and he did a good job to extend plays to give guys time to get open vs zone. And I sure don’t see any issue with the arm. Maybe one deep ball died on him a little. But it all looks plenty good enough and I think you can expect continued strides as a passer in terms of executing the easy throws.

Throwing motion ain't consistent, side arm sometimes, power is from wrist and elbows-no hip torque, throwing motion is somewhat elongated, I can't say I've seen too many qbs with his mechanics make it.

Throwing motion ain't consistent, side arm sometimes, power is from wrist and elbows-no hip torque, throwing motion is somewhat elongated, I can't say I've seen too many qbs with his mechanics make it.

Yeah he needs to get the hip torque in it more. I thought he was pretty damn accurate with that 3/4 sidearmish stuff.

Again the height helps me the motion and the delivery. It’s not like it’s byron leftwich delivery.

Yeah he needs to get the hip torque in it more. I thought he was pretty damn accurate with that 3/4 sidearmish stuff.

Again the height helps me the motion and the delivery. It’s not like it’s byron leftwich delivery.

True, He's way more accurate than u would think with his delivery especially in the intermediate and deep stuff.

I'm not sure if the 6'6 6'5 qbs is a plus anymore especially if they're coming from a spread offense, they tend to have heavy feet, but I guess we could always implement college stuff.

True, He's way more accurate than u would think with his delivery especially in the intermediate and deep stuff.

I’d like to see him against Georgia clemson or bama which seems unlikely well maybe Georgia I think that would be a hell of non final 4 matchup game. But I just think if you do get to see him it’s gonna make it that much harder for him to get in your wheelhouse draft pick wise.

Why Oklahoma is gonna be in the final 4 I have no idea. Watching that conference play just rubs me the wrong way in terms of playing for a college football championship. I’d like to see Ohio state jump em or heck even Georgia over them.

I'm not sure if the 6'6 6'5 qbs is a plus anymore especially if they're coming from a spread offense, they tend to have heavy feet, but I guess we could always implement college stuff.

Oh I’m sure that is what you are gonna run with him. Maybe just with more vertical concepts cause while he had a late release out of the backfield option a lot or flats release he rarely looked at it and when he did he airmailed it. Design an offense and that takes advantage of his strengths.

I’d like to see him against Georgia clemson or bama which seems unlikely well maybe Georgia I think that would be a hell of non final 4 matchup game. But I just think if you do get to see him it’s gonna make it that much harder for him to get in your wheelhouse draft pick wise.

Why Oklahoma is gonna be in the final 4 I have no idea. Watching that conference play just rubs me the wrong way in terms of playing for a college football championship. I’d like to see Ohio state jump em or heck even Georgia over them.

Especially the DB play in the Big 12, it's horrible.

I am not reading into anything. You made a point about declaring no QB could have success with this oline and all I said was until we see a decent attempt at changing the status Quo at QB you can’t come to that conclusion. The status quo being Ryan Tannehill obviously.
Well, we’ve seen Matt Moore, Jay Cutler and Brock Osweiler and the results were still the same.

All you have to do is look at Green Bay, Atlanta, New England, Seattle, Chiefs, the Vikings, the Chargers, the Colts, the Bengals, the Texans, the Giants . . . .all these teams had spurts of bad oline play but either the status quo at QB overcame them or they got new blood in at the position that overcame them.
The Patriots had a stretch of terrible OL play and Brady sucked during that time. They then brought their previous OL coach back from retirement.

This notion that no other QB could do anything better in this offense or behind this line is biggest fallacy on this site by people.
That’s not what he said. He said no other QB could have sustained success behind this OL. Of course Rodgers would be better than Tannehill but with this OL we wouldn’t go the playoffs with Rodgers either.

Well, we’ve seen Matt Moore, Jay Cutler and Brock Osweiler and the results were still the same.

The Patriots had a stretch of terrible OL play and Brady sucked during that time. They then brought their previous OL coach back from retirement.

That’s not what he said. He said no other QB could have sustained success behind this OL. Of course Rodgers would be better than Tannehill but with this OL we wouldn’t go the playoffs with Rodgers either.

1. Don’t do that man. Don’t compare two guys seen as backups to start the league year and a guy we brought off the couch in August to equate to the expectations of Ryan Tannehill being seen as “the guy” for 7 straight seasons without a decent attempt at adding young talent to the position. That is not changing the status quo.

2. Patriots have won the AFC east for like 15 of the last 16 years . . . The only year was when Brady was out for the season.

http://www.nfl.com/player/tombrady/2504211/careerstats

Hardly call that “sucking” at any point, even if he struggled some with bad oline play for a stretch. There is no 7 year excuse there.

3. That is what Tannehill diehards want to believe when in actuality its a blanket statement to support how they feel about him. It is absolute nonsense to believe this .500 or so team in the Tannehill era couldn’t be better than that with such an upgrade at the most important position on the field lol. C’mon man.

In 7 years what we have seen is Ryan Tannehill can execute when everything around him is flawless. If we played 7 on 7 football on Sundays he would be a Pro Bowler. Unfortunately that expectation of consistent perfection around a QB doesn’t exist and Ryan is not going to improvise at the level that is needed for sustained QB and team success . . .he just isn’t.

Now you throw in the injuries, being over 30 and tidbits of mental insecurity from all of that and it is time to at minimum seriously address the QB position and in its truest form probably cut ties completely just to have a fresh start. Definitely shouldn’t be taking $27 million dollar cap hits for this dude . . that is for damn sure.

Back
Top Bottom