Watch Our Poor Ol/te Blocking Shut Down An Entire 3-play Series. Games Are Won/lost In The Trenches | Page 6 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Watch Our Poor Ol/te Blocking Shut Down An Entire 3-play Series. Games Are Won/lost In The Trenches

Exactly correct. These tape guy threads are typically biased in concept and lend to desired outrage and overreaction. Meanwhile, you can sample any team in the league and find the offensive line blown up in one of more series per game. It is nothing but raw normalcy. Threads like this hint it as our train wreck alone. And that is insulting.

There is nothing wrong with dissecting minute details, as long as you understand the weakness and danger of that type of approach. Not many people do. The ones who dive into every category invariably want to believe they have discovered something that nobody else knows, and therefore it lends to greater clarity. Meanwhile, a handful of big picture categories will always overwhelm the frantic minutiae. Desperation to watch every play from All-22 and make one subjective evaluation after another is what leads to claims that Bill Lazor is the worst of all time and unfairly hindering Tannehill from his deserved greatness. Suckers galore fall for that type of thing because the presenter uses tape as a prop. It is nothing but a glorified prop.

cbrad on the other site is one of the few I've seen who has marvelous ability to check out one incredibly specific category after another, and provide tons of interesting findings from them, while realizing and often announcing that a handful of major variables are far more meaningful than all his complicated work.

I think you're so right!

The "tape" typically proves we're freaking AWESOME and it's utterly astounding we ever lose a game!

It's so "unfair" otherwise to highlight the specific of a generality WE ALL SEE!

:)

There was some inconsistency at the poa play with Vander esch that looks to be off the table in the pros. I was thinking it was one of those what would the kid be in 2 years types.

Well he’s ahead of the curve.

I think Ferrell and fit for Miami makes a lot of sense but I bet there’s gonna be some grumblings about the test atblete.

Yea play strength and technique attacking blocks didn't look good in college but his hips are too fluid to not be good in the NFL.

If Ferrell gives me a 4.7 with a 7.07 3 cone, I will take it, Or give me a DT with some pass rush, many teams are starting to focus on interior OL play more than the Tackles, Qbs negate a lot of what outside rushers do by stepping in the pocket but interior pressure is just harder to deal with.

I honestly think it’s the Dallas lb range that is giving teams the biggest fits. Again you can’t outflank them. And they fly to the football and they don’t miss tackles either.

But don’t underrate that de either of theirs. He’s top shelf

Lawrence is going to get Donald, Mack money. I think ur right tho, their LB range is the biggest thing that stands out, between them and other defenses.

Yea play strength and technique attacking blocks didn't look good in college but his hips are too fluid to not be good in the NFL.

If Ferrell gives me a 4.7 with a 7.07 3 cone, I will take it, Or give me a DT with some pass rush, many teams are starting to focus on interior OL play more than the Tackles, Qbs negate a lot of what outside rushers do by stepping in the pocket but interior pressure is just harder to deal with.

Funny you say dt. Alright I got one for ya. Christian Wilkins or the qb Haskins from Ohio state?

You are on the clock.

I love Wilkins but u gotta be a Dominant pass rusher to be top 12 top 15, Daron Payne has been great but drafting him that high was stupid.

I love Wilkins but u gotta be a Dominant pass rusher to be top 12 top 15, Daron Payne has been great but drafting him that high was stupid.

Skins fans are pretty happy with that pick. But Miami needs a more legit option plan b at least at qb in 2019.

And I think they are gonna get it. Haskins or Herbert.

Something where if tanny goes down or whatever the fan base has some hope and some key word here real upside.

And also some real competition for tannehill.

Don’t be surprised if they trade up for it either. They aren’t waiting til 2020 for it

First time I’ve actually said this is the year qb is a legit priority

There's a bust factor with him, but the positional value is just too great. There's talks of Bosa dropping due to injury history even tho the consensus is he's a better prospect than his brother

Exactly. Positional value. Don’t buy into any bosa outside the top 5 stuff.

Reason I used Wilkins as the example is I think we will be in that wheelhouse pick wise.

Skins fans are pretty happy with that pick. But Miami needs a more legit option plan b at least at qb in 2019.

And I think they are gonna get it. Haskins or Herbert.

Something where if tanny goes down or whatever the fan base has some hope and some key word here real upside.

And also some real competition for tannehill.

Don’t be surprised if they trade up for it either. They aren’t waiting til 2020 for it

First time I’ve actually said this is the year qb is a legit priority

It's nothing but half field reads at oregon that bothers me, I know the success of Mahomes is changing the mold but Herbert better impress the hell out of me at the combine, same with Haskins.

Guy that gets told thanks but no thanks the day after the season ends...

Brock Osweiler.

Book it

It's nothing but half field reads at oregon that bothers me, I know the success of Mahomes is changing the mold but Herbert better impress the hell out of me at the combine, same with Haskins.

Zone read and pistol out the gate with Herbert if he starts for you in 2019. Nothing but a massive package of it. Work in the pro concepts slowly.

There’s so mucb spread concept in the pro game now anyways. 5 years ago even you couldn’t have paid me to draft a qb from that system. Leagues changing.

Less about pocket progression more about off script and improv. At least with the young new batch.

More risky than pocket progression and pro style hell yeah it is. You better have a conviction.

Back
Top Bottom