Watch out, there's a NEW force in the East(Sixers) | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Watch out, there's a NEW force in the East(Sixers)

Fresh

☠️ Banned ☠️
Reaction score
Sixers to Acquire Chris Webber

Oh man, Iverson & C-Webb? I'm happy for AI though, I really am. If Miami doesn't come out of the East this year I really hope the Sixers do. AI is a top 5 player of All Time when it comes to having the heart & passion for the game.

1-Iverson
2-Korver
3-Holla-Holla Iguodala
4-Webber
5-Dalembert

I know Korver is the backup SF, but I just think he will be a force with Webber attracting multiple defenders in the post. This is definately a team to watch out for..

Same here, I'm happy for AI. But seriously, I don't get this deal AT ALL from the Kings point of view. I thought maybe it was done for cap space but Williamson, Skinner and Thomas all have multiple years left on their contracts. I don't get it. :confused:

LIQUID24 said:
Same here, I'm happy for AI. But seriously, I don't get this deal AT ALL from the Kings point of view. I thought maybe it was done for cap space but Williamson, Skinner and Thomas all have multiple years left on their contracts. I don't get it. :confused:
They figured Webber does not have that much in the Tank left with his kneww problems. At least that is how I see it. The Kings got raped, and this time it wasent kobe.

You mean, instead of a sweep we'll win in 5?!
:chuckle:
I do not fear the sixers!
:fire:
I do like that the balance is shifting little by little...
Dirk Nowitzki in a bobcats uniform?!
It could happen.
:cooldude:

i live in sac and i can't believe it either. seems like they tried hard 5 years (?) to keep webber here. i just don't get this deal at all. probably made to keep peja happy since there has been some tension between him and chris.

Webber and AI on the same team......I'm a Sixers fan and I'm not exactly thrilled about this.....The potential for these two to not get along....is scary.

But, if they DO get along, it'll be pretty scary too. :D

It damn sure didn't cost much so far....

1) Webber is playing on one leg. His knee won't hold out. He is the next Allan Houston.

2) Even if Webber is healthy, AI isn't big on "passing". I know assist wise his numbers look good and all, but anyone who actually watches them play knows he is a "shoot first" kind of guy and only passes when he has too.

At least when the Raps got raped Vince was playing like **** and we got 2 number 1's in the deal as well.

Sactown get rid of a player who(arguably) should have been an all-star and is playing very good ball(albeit on one leg) this year.

Webber isn't a winner so I wouldn't call Philly a force in the East. It does however make them odds on favorites to win the Atlantic.

But, another team gives up depth for a fragile "super star".

I think that with the trades that they made it will help them reach the playoffs. But i still cant see them going past round one, i guess we will just have to wait and see.

No one here giving the Celts any love. If they can get Payton back with Antoine on the team, I'll take my chances with a team of Payton, Pierce, Antoine, LaFrentz and Blount.. and tremendous depth on the bench in the form of Davis, Allen, Jefferson, Perkins, West and Banks. I think that team can certainly compete with anyone in the East, including the Heat.

IMO, I believe Webber is very overrated, not really worried about him.

FaninPatsyLand1 said:
No one here giving the Celts any love. If they can get Payton back with Antoine on the team, I'll take my chances with a team of Payton, Pierce, Antoine, LaFrentz and Blount.. and tremendous depth on the bench in the form of Davis, Allen, Jefferson, Perkins, West and Banks. I think that team can certainly compete with anyone in the East, including the Heat.

IMO, I believe Webber is very overrated, not really worried about him.
You have lost your mind.

1)Webber isn't overrated. Just damaged goods. When healthy he is one of the TOP players in the league.

2) Celtics suck. Sorry, but they do. Payton sucks, why would you want him back?

3) Doc Rivers is a BAD coach. He will hold Boston back.

If the Celtics win a single playoff game. Not a series, a game......I will be shocked.

MikeO said:
You have lost your mind.

1)Webber isn't overrated. Just damaged goods. When healthy he is one of the TOP players in the league.

2) Celtics suck. Sorry, but they do. Payton sucks, why would you want him back?

3) Doc Rivers is a BAD coach. He will hold Boston back.

If the Celtics win a single playoff game. Not a series, a game......I will be shocked.
Yup, Rivers is an awful coach. Which is why he won coach of the year with Orlando a couple of years ago. Now Payton sucks, hah, he isn't what he used to be, but he can still play. Webber is OVERRATED. I don't understand why everyone is hopping on the Sixers bandwagon, I see the Celtics still winning the division.

You really have something against all Boston sports huh?? Jealous maybe, cause New York can't put a winner on the field in any sport. Second City Mentality?? Maybe you are the one with it.

Back
Top Bottom