Watch out, there's a NEW force in the East(Sixers) | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Watch out, there's a NEW force in the East(Sixers)

Anyone who watched last years NBA Finals knows Payton has nothing left. He is "SHOT" as a player.

River stinks.There have been a lot of career bad coaches who have won COACH OF THE YEAR once in their lifetime.

This isn't anything against Boston. Hell, BC should be a #1 seed in the NCAA Tourney and can go to the Final Four in my opinion. The Red Sox are the defending World Series Champs and one of the two favorites to win the World Series. I have never knocked them or their team for it's PLAY on the FIELD. This isn't anything against Boston.

But, if you think Webber is overrated and the Celtics are good..........you are just flat our WRONG!

I thought the same about Payton last year, but his stint with the Celtics has shown he still has something left. I would love it if he joined the Heat as a backup PG. You just have to give him some leeway....let him play in the post.

I dont know who will win the Atlantic....but I'm confident whatever team comes out wont get past the 2nd round. Neither the Celtics or Sixers have a chance against the Pistons, Heat, or Cavs in a 7 game series. They just have nothing in the post to defend against Shaq, Z, or the million 7 footers Detroit has.

MikeO said:
Anyone who watched last years NBA Finals knows Payton has nothing left. He is "SHOT" as a player.

River stinks.There have been a lot of career bad coaches who have won COACH OF THE YEAR once in their lifetime.

This isn't anything against Boston. Hell, BC should be a #1 seed in the NCAA Tourney and can go to the Final Four in my opinion. The Red Sox are the defending World Series Champs and one of the two favorites to win the World Series. I have never knocked them or their team for it's PLAY on the FIELD. This isn't anything against Boston.

But, if you think Webber is overrated and the Celtics are good..........you are just flat our WRONG!
I agree last year that Payton was terrible, but I really believe that it was the offensive system being run in LA that just didn't suit him. He has played much better this year, I think anyone who watches the Celtics on a regular basis can testify to this.

I hate BC, I think they are overrated... but that is a story for another day (If you need 2 OT's to put Yale away, then I don't consider you contenders).

Listen, I'm not saying the Celtics are world beaters, believe me I'm not. All I'm saying is that I think Antoine is on the same level as Webber stat wise. The Celtics were leading the division going into the All Star Break (granted it is one of the worst divisions in the history of sports) and I think those trades cancel out. So how is Philly going to overtake us? I'm not saying the Celts are going to win the East, they have too many young and raw players, but I think they can at least play with the Heat, whereas before I didn't think they could.

The King's are probably thinking it's addition by subtraction. Webber is the premiere choker in the league. The Anti-Clutch.

CirclingWagons said:
The King's are probably thinking it's addition by subtraction. Webber is the premiere choker in the league. The Anti-Clutch.
I wouldn't say that. Where is the proof of this? Because his team didn't beat the Lakers with Kobe and Shaq? How many teams did beat those Lakers teams.

Only the Pistons really.

MikeO said:
I wouldn't say that. Where is the proof of this? Because his team didn't beat the Lakers with Kobe and Shaq? How many teams did beat those Lakers teams.

Only the Pistons really.
The Spurs did it. The Jazz too if you wanna go wayyy back.

CirclingWagons said:

that's right. he chocked the last shot last night...

I Wouldn't say Payton is shot...but hes definitely on his downside. Walker is nasty when playing for the celts for some reason so im happy to see him back and doin well. Webber is nasty when healthy and still damn good when not 100% but probably not worth his huge salary...

Webber has been on enough talented teams in College and the NBA to have won a championship by now. He just isn't a winner. Plain and simple.

I read the title and nearly fell out of my chair laffing!!!!

Especially after last nites score at the AAA.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back
Top Bottom