Watching Highlights Of Kyler Murray | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Watching Highlights Of Kyler Murray

volk

Seasoned Veteran
Reaction score
i never watched him in college, but his highlights are all deep bombs and long runs. It’s clear the kid has speed and can toss the deep ball. Unfortunately, none of his highlights show any tight throws, short and intermediate stuff, outs etc. Looks like he benefited from a lot of truly wide open receivers and a stellar OL. With his lack of height and size, he is going to have to be very judicious with his running at the NFL level to avoid Pat White hits. The NFL game is really going to shut down a lot of that wide open stuff, too.

Can anyone shed some light on the rest of his game? Can he make all the throws? Can he read defenses and go through progressions? He seems to be a superstar talent, but would love to know more about how his game will likely translate to the NFL.

I just hope we draft 2 QB's or that we have a good veteran QB behind him because he WILL get injured as all QB's do... specially scrambling QB's.

If Cam Newton gets destroyed all the time, I imagine the same thing will go for Murray or any QB we draft.

It is time we stop this 1 starting caliber QB on the roster nonsense.

I'm pulling for the kid because he grew up here in the Dallas are (Allen High School), but I think his stock is going to drop going into the draft due to his measurables. We all know that the draft gurus put more stock in prototype measurables than in the intangibles.

I hate to be seen as on some Tyree Jackson bandwagon (as if there was one) but this guy is 6’ 7” and here’s a highlight video to compare with the all everything hype of pint sized Kyler Murray. Here you can see Tyree throwing to receivers who are not wide open, they all may have a step but the throws are out front on deep balls and pretty much always right where they should be. To me it’s a better reel than watching the Lock type guys who have all day to play catch with a wide open guy. To me this guy has huge upside to play at the next level.

I hate to be seen as on some Tyree Jackson bandwagon (as if there was one) but this guy is 6’ 7” and here’s a highlight video to compare with the all everything hype of pint sized Kyler Murray. Here you can see Tyree throwing to receivers who are not wide open, they all may have a step but the throws are out front on deep balls and pretty much always right where they should be. To me it’s a better reel than watching the Lock type guys who have all day to play catch with a wide open guy. To me this guy has huge upside to play at the next level.

I’ve rarely seen a QB highlight video that I didn’t like.

Having said that, the combine will jettison some of these guys right up the board.

Lock, on the other hand, has such zip and such a fast release....wow. I’m a taker of Lock or Murray at 13. It’s unbelievable that Murray is projected in the top 5, and also in rounds 2-3.

The Combine will reveal TONS on the QB class this year

No

The success rate of QBs 6'6" and taller is 0%.

His is grossly inaccurate. A sub 60% completion rate in college means he will most likely be inaccurate in the NFL. No Bueno.

Lets not even get into how long that throwing motion is.

I'm sorry but what else would you expect a "highlight reel" of legitimately the most explosive QB in College Football to consist of?

There's plenty of discussion, breakdowns, and clips of him in the draft forum.

No

The success rate of QBs 6'6" and taller is 0%.

His is grossly inaccurate. A sub 60% completion rate in college means he will most likely be inaccurate in the NFL. No Bueno.

Lets not even get into how long that throwing motion is.
I would LOVE to see a 2019 QB comparison in RELEASE TIMES. From a windup standpoint, not from getting the ball to going through progressions etc.

Lock seems spectacular in this area.

Bet ya CK has this info. CK, you out there man??

dont shoot me but he slings that rock Marinoesque, never heard of him but he looks good on that tape

People picked apart bakers play at Oklahoma as "only having wide open receivers" too. He's now arguably the most accurate throwing QB in the NFL

Draft is a crap shoot no matter what. I'm a fan of Murray play but I dont think he will be a elite QB. Jones is are guy.

FSU Truth

"No, The success rate of QBs 6'6" and taller is 0%."

I beg to differ

Nick Foles
Height: 6′ 6″
Super Bowl LII MVP

Joe Flacco
Height: 6′ 6″
Super Bowl XLVII MVP

Back
Top Bottom