Watching the Falcons Lions Game | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Watching the Falcons Lions Game

lol Miami would kill to be in Atlanta's situation: Winning 10+ every year with a franchise QB. They're not winning playoff games but at least they're playing in them. Can't say the same for Miami.

That 34-0 thrashing of the world champs indicates to me this could be the year Matty Ice gets over the hump and wins at least 1 playoff game. Btw, that was the worst shutout defeat a defending champion has taken in NFL history.

Take all of the teams who could get the 4-6 seeds in the NFC and which one could come into Atlanta and win in the divisional round? Maybe the Redskins if they get in and win in the 1st round...... they would be red hot if they get to 10-6 and win an opening round game. The Giants could certainly do it despite getting beaten so badly last week by Atlanta. They are the champs for a reason. But, you gotta like Atlanta's chances against either of those 2 teams and especially anyone else.

The NFC Championship game will be tough. If Matty Ice wins that divisional round game, they will likely host a GB vs SF winner. I think Atlanta would beat SF and GB would be the tougher game for them.

This will be only the 2nd playoff game this Falcons team has hosted. They take a helluva beating over being 0-3 the last 4 years, but the only home game they had was vs. GB the year NOBODY stopped GB. That Packer offense lit everyone up. Its not like Atlanta was some kind of lone chump. Green Bay won the SB by scoring a ton of points on everyone in the playoffs that year.

The other 2 games were road losses agaisnt teams that also went on to win the NFC and play in the SB. The Giants won it and the Cards lost that close one to the Steelers. So its not as if Atlanta is coming up short against weak teams that didnt deserve to be in the playoffs. They went out against teams that all went on to the SB, two of them winning it.

Lets see what happens this time. Again, I like their chances to win at least get to the NFC title game. I predicted Atlanta vs Denver in the SB at the beginning of the season. I will stick with that. I think Atlanta hosts the GB/SF winner in the NFC championship and the Denver vs. NE matchup in the divisional round producing the AFC champion.

Unfortunately there is no Julio Jones type WR in this draft.

Sour grapes much?...

Just the truth.

To me, MATTY's mediocrity personified until he starts beating the "topshelf" teams w/monotonous regularity and precision. He has NOT even come close to doing so to date, despite being on a powerful team.

Welcome to FalconsHeaven. Perhaps where could have a competition where one lucky fan can win one of Matt Ryan's signed jocks?

I guess the only thing I find to be of consequence... our first round pick in 2008 is on the verge of leaving the team.... the Falcons is not. We need to stop squandering these early draft picks

Whats sad is if the Falcons want they can have both Long and Ryan next season.

Just the truth.

To me, MATTY's mediocrity personified until he starts beating the "topshelf" teams w/monotonous regularity and precision. He has NOT even come close to doing so to date, despite being on a powerful team.

Whats up Lud ? I could not agree more. Give Tannehill the Weapons Matt Ryan has and we're playing for a bye. Give Matt Ryan Miami's WR's and that stiff is on IR.

Shows me how important it is to have playmakers on both sides of the ball.

I agree with this being that you are talking about ATL ... however, look at Detroit - One of the most talented WR ever, pretty good QB, star studded DL (overrated) yet they've imploded numerous times. So this team needs more talent but hopefully this coaching staff as well as a new GM that meshes with the current staff are what is needed to prosper.

Just the truth.

That's about to change.

Back
Top Bottom