Watson Updated Suspension - 11 games | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Watson Updated Suspension - 11 games

I mean really its 28 games, gotta consider 2021 as well.
No it's not. Watson chose not to play football last year. He wasn't suspended. He threw a hissy fit and demanded a trade from the Texans not long after signing a massive extension. That was the first red flag for him, in my opinion. The sexual misconduct allegations only came to light after he made clear he was sitting out for the year.

No it's not. Watson chose not to play football last year. He wasn't suspended. He threw a hissy fit and demanded a trade from the Texans not long after signing a massive extension. That was the first red flag for him, in my opinion. The sexual misconduct allegations only came to light after he made clear he was sitting out for the year.

I don't think you have a correct time line.

And yes he wasn't suspended but his off-field issues kept him off the field. He would've been traded in time to play the whole season if anyone had the guts to pull the trigger.

It's not like he could've shown up in Houston at any point and said I'm ready to play, without the league immediately suspending him indefinitely or putting him on the exempt list.

I don't think you have a correct time line.
The Athletic reported the DW trade demand on Jan. 28, 2021. According to the report, his demand for a trade (which came five months after signing a four-year extension) was because he was disgruntled over the fact he had not been properly consulted before the team hired new GM Nick Casserio.

https://theathletic.com/news/deshaun-watson-trade-texans/WvPmavyoA708/

The team said they had no interest in trading him, so he signaled his intention to sit out the 2021 season.

The first lawsuit against DW (ie: the first time he was publicly accused of sexual misconduct) was filed March 16, 2021.

So...in the one pending case, if it goes to trial, and he is found liable, could this be revisited or is this final, no matter what happens with the last case? What about if any other women come forward? Does this cover them or would they be new cases?

The Athletic reported the DW trade demand on Jan. 28, 2021. According to the report, his demand for a trade (which came five months after signing a four-year extension) was because he was disgruntled over the fact he had not been properly consulted before the team hired new GM Nick Casserio.

https://theathletic.com/news/deshaun-watson-trade-texans/WvPmavyoA708/

The team said they had no interest in trading him, so he signaled his intention to sit out the 2021 season.

The first lawsuit against DW (ie: the first time he was publicly accused of sexual misconduct) was filed March 16, 2021.

Ya but your concluding too much here based on the initial contract squabble.

The guy didn't "sit out" the year by choice.

He would've played on a different team with a new contract. His off field transgressions are what caused him to miss the year, regardless of how you want to spin it.

I don’t care about all the hoo hah.
If everyone in the NFL and NFLPA, the Browns, Watson et al are claiming this is a fair and just decision then it only means one thing;
IT STINKS!
It stinks on every level.
The crime
The penalty
The victims
Comparison to other “offences”
I’ve smelt bullsh!t that seems better than this, if you are a party to this whitewash, hang your head in shame.

Ya but your concluding too much here based on the initial contract squabble.

The guy didn't "sit out" the year by choice.

He would've played on a different team with a new contract. His off field transgressions are what caused him to miss the year, regardless of how you want to spin it.
He wasn't suspended and shouldn't factor into the length of suspension he receives now.

Oh man the Browns PR on this is terrible. The Haslems are lucky they didn't get grilled by some competent reporters during that train wreck of a presser. They can't even get their messaging straight. Jimmy and Dee say that DW is remorseful and deserves a second chance at the same time DW says he did nothing wrong and has nothing to apologize for. The one question I wanted to see asked during that presser and it wasn't: "Jimmy, are you proud to have a man accused of sexual misconduct by 26 women as the face of your franchise?" Then watch him squirm.

Yes, isn’t it. 11 games? NFL is as subtle as a fart in a spacesuit. Only 5 million fine. He got away cheap.
And it was still more than the mediator was going to give him. The fact that the NFLPA agreed to the suspension increase IMO says what you need to know.

He also received every dollar of his contract in 2021 because he wasn’t under suspension and the Texans made the decision to not play him while continuing to pay him.

Did Houston just hit the draft jackpot or what?

5 more games with Brissett playing is a big score for Houston. 4-8 draft spots gained.

They have a long way to go but premium picks help.

And it was still more than the mediator was going to give him. The fact that the NFLPA agreed to the suspension increase IMO says what you need to know.
This had to be settled now. The PA couldn't allow Roger to bump this to a full season. Because then they are obligated to sue. By the time the case is decided, we are into the 2023 season where he's making 40-50x what he's making in 2022.

Back
Top Bottom