Watson was 4 settlements away from becoming a Dolphin. Interesting Quick read... | Page 14 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Watson was 4 settlements away from becoming a Dolphin. Interesting Quick read...

https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/...awsuit-plus-three-big-retirements-in-the-nfl/

Mods feel free to merge if needed. Posted because of new settlement and Ross info.
Maybe. At the end of the day, the Miami Dolphins did not trade for nor sign Deshaun Watson. They did not give him $250 Million guaranteed and he is a Cleveland Brown. So, who cares? People are acting like the dolphins exploring this but not pulling the trigger means anything other than at the end of the day they decided that trading for Deshaun Watson wasn’t worth it. That’s all there is to it. They can put it on Flo, that doesn’t matter either. McDaniel is the coach of this team, and I am much more excited by the idea of him being our coach then Flo. But Deshaun Watson is not a Miami Dolphin, and I’m glad for that too.

Maybe. At the end of the day, the Miami Dolphins did not trade for nor sign Deshaun Watson. They did not give him $250 Million guaranteed and he is a Cleveland Brown. So, who cares? People are acting like the dolphins exploring this but not pulling the trigger means anything other than at the end of the day they decided that trading for Deshaun Watson wasn’t worth it. That’s all there is to it. They can put it on Flo, that doesn’t matter either. McDaniel is the coach of this team, and I am much more excited by the idea of him being our coach then Flo. But Deshaun Watson is not a Miami Dolphin, and I’m glad for that too.
I flipped flopped around on the topic from week to week. Ultimately I settled on "please don't trade for Watson" but I can't lie and say I wasn't advocating it at some point last season.

I am glad Miami got this right, in the end they made the correct decision, build around your young QB and if he isn't the answer use your future capital to reduce the risk. It was the all around smart play. Risking 250m and the future of multiple drafts wasn't the smart move, it was the flashy move but not smart. Miami got it right and I am glad.

We need a quality backup QB and Teddy fits that bill. The fixation and craving thirst for future draft picks by some FH contributors needs to be balanced by our actual player needs for this coming season. We need a quality backup like Teddy. Banking on a rookie like Skyler Thompson seems a big risk that we don't need to take.
Valid point with Tua’s injury history

"Im saying the Fins because its kind of hard to really hone in on who was really pounding the table for this though in the end Ross is responsible. Allegedly, Ross wanted Watson to settle all the cases and include NDA's in all cases before committing to a bet. He wasnt betting on innocent Watson, but he was willing to bet on a guilty Watson with admission of guilt and probably some kind of "I made alot of mistakes in my life, I will work on myself to be a better man blah, blah, blah ... ".

There is contradictory information on this, Chris Grier's statement. There was interest and apparently it came from said "coach". If said "coach" is pounding the table for this POS, then the GM's job is to work out the deal and help to convince ownership to pony up the sheckles to make this garbage happy. Blaming Ross for wanting to make his team more competitive, seem's foolish. Isn't that what every fan want ownership to do? Maybe what Grier said is true, that the interest in POS went away when the allegations popped up? There may have even been a last minute push from said "coach" for POS player at the trade deadline, and maybe Ross issued a condition which he knew was unobtainable to preserve the dignity of his investment? I don't blame Ross for supporting his franchise's hierarchy and think he may have put an unobtainable condition as a requirement for a outrageously expensive trade both in Draft choices and $$$ for what he suspected was a regular POS. My 2 cents...
As an owner, you have the ultimate responsibility to define your investments moral grounds period... Going after Watson is just saying "I want to win football games at any cost...". He at the very least considered going for winning games over doing whats right. In the end he didnt go through with it so its hard for me to judge. It does look like he would've gone for it if Watson would've went for the "I was wrong and I will change" angle but I also believe the only reason he would've done so was for the PR angle, not because he gives 2 shits about giving second chances or whatever you want to call that...
No, Ross is the owner and should have lost interest once the allegations came to light - particularly with Watson's lack of remorse. I don't care what his coach wanted. The owner has the final say, and this is the exact situation where an owner should overrule whatever his coach or FO wants.

Ross was willing to take on Watson if the suspension wasn't too long and if public perception wasn't too bad. He didn't care about the victims. He didn't care about what it means to make a monster the face of your franchise. As long as he thought it would blow over, he was good with it. Disgusting.
100%

Last edited:
No, Ross is the owner and should have lost interest once the allegations came to light - particularly with Watson's lack of remorse. I don't care what his coach wanted. The owner has the final say, and this is the exact situation where an owner should overrule whatever his coach or FO wants.

Ross was willing to take on Watson if the suspension wasn't too long and if public perception wasn't too bad. He didn't care about the victims. He didn't care about what it means to make a monster the face of your franchise. As long as he thought it would blow over, he was good with it. Disgusting.

Agree. 100%

Where the “Watson to Miami” crusaders at now?
reeling go fish GIF by Newcastle Northstars

Again, it's hearsay as to Ross's position on this. There is a lot of speculation, but as far a I know the only definitive statement was made by Grier. The Omar's, Simm's and Florio's will talk among themselves and come up with rumor's started in their conversation, and pass it along, IMO.

To the extent Ross or anyone else in the Dolphins organization pursued this guy without letting things play out, they were wrong. No question.

However, I said from the moment that the grand jury passed on indicting him that the way the entire NFL suddenly treated that as a total and complete exoneration was disgusting. And it wasn’t only the Browns. The Browns were just the desperate fools who were willing to give up a ransom in picks then pay Watson so much that he couldn’t say no. There were other teams vying for him until the end, and the entire league was fine with parading this guy around as a hero and burying their heads in the sand about the dozens of allegations of deviant behavior and assault.

Again, it's hearsay as to Ross's position on this. There is a lot of speculation, but as far a I know the only definitive statement was made by Grier. The Omar's, Simm's and Florio's will talk among themselves and come up with rumor's started in their conversation, and pass it along, IMO.
It’s Gods gift to reporting in Houston John McClain who STILL won’t let it go still doing radio spots even tho he said he “retired” his source was clearly Flo or Flos agent who spewed that the Dolphins had Waston and it was Bank

He is supposedly as good as they come when it comes to having intel lol

That’s what we were told by the trolls

Last edited:
To the extent Ross or anyone else in the Dolphins organization pursued this guy without letting things play out, they were wrong. No question.

However, I said from the moment that the grand jury passed on indicting him that the way the entire NFL suddenly treated that as a total and complete exoneration was disgusting. And it wasn’t only the Browns. The Browns were just the desperate fools who were willing to give up a ransom in picks then pay Watson so much that he couldn’t say no. There were other teams vying for him until the end, and the entire league was fine with parading this guy around as a hero and burying their heads in the sand about the dozens of allegations of deviant behavior and assault.
In the end it was Cleveland, who made the biggest mistake in believing, Watson was exonerated. It's going to cost them, if this gets dragged on another six months to a year. 24 woman can't all be lying.

Watson clearly has an addiction and mental health issues. Which are IMO being overlooked, by the Browns and the NFL. Houston's involvement, in paying for hotel rooms for Watson to continue his lucid behavior, should be penalized as well.

And lastly Brian Flores should take a hard look at himself for pushing for Watson. He chose to ignore the allegations and seemingly took the stance, if he wasn't getting indicted, he was innocent. Flores behavior and subsequent power play, ultimately cost him his job. His stance on Watson, may cost him respect by others.

Rusy Hardin was in constant contact with with this Johna Stallings, the Asst DA and talked her out of making a strong case for the grand jury. The detective investigating has just said she thought there were grounds for 3 classes of criminal charges and was taken by surprise when the GJ failed to indict.

Houston should reopen criminal investigation based on the 23rd and 24th civil complainants. At this point it's hard to argue that Watson is not a POS!

I guess despite our best intentions otherwis, we dodged one of the all time largest caliber bullets that Cleveland and its fans are now trying to rationalize.

Back
Top Bottom