Watson was 4 settlements away from becoming a Dolphin. Interesting Quick read... | Page 16 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Watson was 4 settlements away from becoming a Dolphin. Interesting Quick read...

Xavien Howard, Tyreek Hill, Terron Armstead, Connor Williams, Jaylen Waddle, Tua Tagovailoa. Like I said, it's pretty standard in the NFL for teams to structure the first year of a multi-year, high-dollar contract as almost entirely signing bonus to reduce the salary cap impact in year 1.

I think you need to go back and look at those contacts. Start with Tua and Waddle as they are Rookie contacts. Both Hill and Armstead have outs in there. Watson has a deal with the minimum salary year 1 (suspension year) then every year after is guaranteed. They can't cut him till the last year. If they cut him in 2025 the cap hit is 55 million. They can cut him in 2026, at which point they paid him all his money and still get no cap relief.All the money is guaranteed. He just looses the base salary year 1. So go back and look those contacts that you said not even close.

The Watson deal 100% guaranteed. None of the deals you mentioned are even close to his. Watson would have never gone to Cleveland without that ridiculous contract. He literally eliminated them like 24 hours beforehand then Cleveland went full desperation, and offered that.

Just to put it in numbers. Miami could cut Hill today and end up with a negative cap hit of 46 mil. If Watson is cut it us negative 220 mil. In year 3 Miami can cut Hill and save 9.5 mil in cap space. In year 3 of the Watson deal cut him and it is still negative 110 mil. Like I said even if they cut Watson in the last year they eat his whole salary in a dead money cap hit. Watson's deal is a one of a kind, it is like a baseball contract 100% guaranteed money. Only way out is to have cause.

Last edited:
As far as desean watsons latest presser goes....

Key and caculated words and phrases he says.

''I didn't force anyone'' and ''I never assaulted anyone''

we already know that you dumazz, that doesn't mean you weren't vulgarly suggestive or extremely perverted in the way you asked them to suck your ***** or jerk you off.

dude thinks were stupid.

My only interest is that he’s suspended for our game with them week 10

Pervert weirdo

I'm thinking these women were not impressed with Watson at all. What a weirdo.

I'm with our BBQ Maestro @Ben Had.

We came so close to catastrophe, if you believe the talking heads which is a big "If" that whenever another complainant surfaces I'd prefer to confirm that heaven was smiling on us and that the curse is over.

Pootie Tang Bullets GIF

Back
Top Bottom