We are blowing this rebuild... | Page 18 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

We are blowing this rebuild...

Dude … if a TEAM that has better talent across (most) of the board and they can't out and out beat us, what are the players supposed to do? … run the opposite direction? … sack themselves? … wow … these so called "scrubs are playing football beat them or STFU

U missed my point Mr Westberry. I would never want or ask any player to throw a game it’s shameful and as a betting man I would be annoyed to say the least if I was betting on a game that’s turned out to be fixed in some way or form.... (unless it worked in my favour)

My question was whats the point of winning these games the season’s done. The sport itself has caused this problem by giving the worst team/loser the biggest prize (the no1 pick). Inmost other team sports around the world if you come last you don’t get rewarded at all let alone in a similar vein to getting the best potential player to enter the competition next year. In football (soccer) you come last in the league you get relegated to a lower division with less money etc....

So, if you’re gonna put these rewads on the table some people will aim for them. Not the players but the board/FO. If you’re 0-7 in soccer then you go out to win every game to avoid relegation. If you’re 0-7 in NFL and u see great potential rewards for losing further games which open doors to being a much better team much quicker which will make then fans happier (were in the results business right?) then ..... otherwise change the effing draft system

Play calling buddy...Garbage like that blitz vs Pitt.

So EVERY bad call is evidence or just that one? Don't you think an organization intent on tanking would have squashed that possibility WAY BEFORE that blitz? If the organization was intent on tanking, why not call a bad play against Indy? You'll have to do better than that.

So EVERY bad call is evidence or just that one? Don't you think an organization intent on tanking would have squashed that possibility WAY BEFORE that blitz? If the organization was intent on tanking, why not call a bad play against Indy? You'll have to do better than that.

Bad play calling is tanking don't know how else to explain that to you. Apparently with your logic you do not believe it is possible for teams to tank. Is that correct?

It's simple. Great, so explain it then. How do you play hard but play to lose? Miss tackles on purpose? Throw away from open wr's on purpose? How do you throw a winnable game? Is simple as you say so explain it with real life scenario......

Question for you sir. Why did the coaching team try to go for 2 points against the skins to win the game when we could have taken it into OT for sure? And the play itself was pretty poor ..... it did make everyone in the room scratch their heads in my house who’d come to watch the red zone. I got comments like if that’s not deliberate and tanking hard ...... just to clarify im not saying it was but did anyone else question it at the time?

Play calling buddy...Garbage like that blitz vs Pitt.

So we should make bad play calls when we're in a winnable game. You gave an example (which you called garbage i might point out, which i won't address the hypocrisy off at this point).
So make a bunch of obvious bad play calls, the coach looks inept and loses the locker room. Now we're drafting a potential qb while implementing an entire new coaching staff. How does that play out towards a winning season?

Bad play calling is tanking don't know how else to explain that to you. Apparently with your logic you do not believe it is possible for teams to tank. Is that correct?
Players (most!) aren't stupid.

They get a whiff that you are throwing a game, they aren't going out there and putting their bodies and careers on the line.

They aren't out there for the exercise. Or the practice. They take the field, they risk what they risk to try to win.

There is no such thing as tanking a season as you are describing it ("bad play calling").

Question for you sir. Why did the coaching team try to go for 2 points against the skins to win the game when we could have taken it into OT for sure? And the play itself was pretty poor ..... it did make everyone in the room scratch their heads in my house who’d come to watch the red zone. I got comments like if that’s not deliberate and tanking hard ...... just to clarify im not saying it was but did anyone else question it at the time?

Not saying i agreed with the call, but it took balls. I saw that as a coach with a team that felt there wasn't going to be much of a chance to get in another position to win the game again so he decided to take the chance in front of him. He gambled and lost. I don't prefer it but i have to say it was nice to see us with a coach that wasn't playing with his vagina.

I will say it doesn't make much sense to decimate this roster for an "evaluation" year, only to insert a 37 year old veteran QB late in an already lost season when you have a young 2nd year QB that could be evaluated further for the future. Maybe its to evaluate some of the players around him, like DVP and Gesicki, but getting the QB situation right should be the priority.

So we should make bad play calls when we're in a winnable game. You gave an example (which you called garbage i might point out, which i won't address the hypocrisy off at this point).
So make a bunch of obvious bad play calls, the coach looks inept and loses the locker room. Now we're drafting a potential qb while implementing an entire new coaching staff. How does that play out towards a winning season?

I disagree. You never answered my question lol. So you don't think tanking is possible then?

Thus by your logic, Mahomes/Marino/Wilson/Brady et al are all bums because they were not taken #1 overall??

I have said it many times, at this moment I see several interesting QB options including TUA, however not a single one of them fits my description of a game-changing unicorn right out of college (thus not worthy of the #1 overall). One or more maybe these types in the future, but not a single one is the perfectly clean prospect that is the 100% cannot miss guy.

Your acting like this joke of an organization has the scouting to find a franchise QB that is not blatantly obvious. Greir and most of the same dimwits are still running this organization which is why we are all so mad about these wins. This team has probably had 4 mediocre and 16 awful drafts in the last 20 years. The only way we get a franchise QB is by picking Tua or Burrow with the 1st or 2nd pick and that ship has already sailed

Your acting like this joke of an organization has the scouting to find a franchise QB that is not blatantly obvious. Greir and most of the same dimwits are still running this organization which is why we are all so mad about these wins. This team has probably had 4 mediocre and 16 awful drafts in the last 20 years. The only way we get a franchise QB is by picking Tua or Burrow with the 1st or 2nd pick and that ship has already sailed
Reggie McKenzie and Marvin Allen have been added to the personnel department. There has been other change in the scouting department, per Grier.

Yes, Brady was able to come back, but let's not pretend the Pats D didn't hold ATL scoreless in the 2nd half. A complete team beat ATL

Did the defense score the points?

Yup, I think tanking is possible - easy even. Don't sign RF or Taco. Don't sign Rosen, or, when seeing him play, keep him in. Seeing RF in action, call run plays on 3rd and long. Every time there's a passing down, load the box. Don't wait til late 4Q to call a 'bad' play. If the coaching staff is smart enough to play to win AND smart enough to find the ONE PLAY in a game that kills a chance for victory, THAT is a good HC

Reggie McKenzie and Marvin Allen have been added to the personnel department. There has been other change in the scouting department, per Grier.

Weren't they already hired for this past draft where most of their draft picks are struggling to contribute much of anything?

The 2019 draft already looks incredibly weak, even by the low standards of the past 5 years.

Weren't they already hired for this past draft where most of their draft picks are struggling to contribute much of anything?

The 2019 draft already looks incredibly weak, even by the low standards of the past 5 years.
I think so. I don't know how much of the year-round prep work they were involved in leading up to the 2019 draft.

I think both are talented, and glad they are here. (Not based off the early 2019 draft results for sure!)

Back
Top Bottom