We are blowing this rebuild... | Page 20 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

We are blowing this rebuild...

Blowing our draft assets I mean having to use them to make a move for a qb.

miamis gonna do its damnest to get into position for it.

not sit and wait for it. And so yes every win when you are in dire qb need is blowing draft assets.

of course right now our other first round picks pittsburgh and Houston don’t even move the needle at the top of the draft based on where they project so guess what...get ready to part with future 1s lol.

I’m laughing cause what else can I f ing do. Miami is comedy.

I am really starting to think they like Josh Rosen alot more than anyone thinks, they are not planning on Drafting QB early this upcoming draft, they are planning to load up on very good Players early and often in Free Agency and the Draft. They will give Rosen every chance to do his thing in 2020. We will draft a QB very high in 2021 if this plan fails, we'll see how it all works out, GO DOLPHINS.

I think this season si very peculiar in the sense that there are a lot of bad teams out there. A LOT. And not just bad, but absolutely ****ing depressingly bad.

Before the season started, a lot of people were speculating a 3-13 record would still get us the top selection. And that may end up being our record when all is said and done, but it won't be enough to get the top pick, and it might not even be enough to get the #2 pick. Think about that for a second.

For the Dolphins to get the first pick of the draft in 2020 we probably would've had to go 0-16 this season. And I had no problem with that, honestly, but it would've been problematic in terms of the coaching staff. Because, how can you you have any faith in your coaching staff to develop the plethora of players you're bringing in in 2020, if they can't manage to win 1 game against a lot of shitty teams in 2019?

So we're stuck in a weird place, mourning the loss of our chances to get the top pick, but at least knowing that Flores and co. are not complete duds that led this team to a winless record in a historically bad NFL season. That's why I get both sides of this debate.

At the end of the day, the real loser in this might be Chris Grier, who will now have a ton of pressure from ownership + fans + media to land a franchise QB no matter what. But at the end of the day, if his head coaching selection (Flores) turns out to be the real deal, that might turn Chris Grier into a winner as well. So yeah, it's a very very complicated matter, to say the least.

That is my concern.

You're concerned a team may skip on the 'next great QB' who will be picked in the top 3? I'll not go through the year's of teams/'experts' concluding player A is 'the next great QB', only to have another team actually drat a great QB later. Yes, yes, I know the odds are better at the top and in a perfect world Miami would have the #1 pick. Don't deny Tua or Burrow may be the next Montana. But some here try yo make this either/or. Tua or Burrow WILL be elite and NO ONE below them will be. That's what I call two color thinkers - black and white.

As nearly everyone says, the odds are better at the top - not guaranteed, but better. Odds are there are top players selected later in the draft - a lower percentage, but still there. No one actually knows. Scouting teams/coaches/FO do more evaluations than FH members can imagine and still fail. But, as FH members know over the past 2 decades, some are better than others. Don't fear evaluations or passing on top prospects. Happens every year by most teams. That's why there are draft surprises. As fans, we have to pick from available prospects. All we can hope is they'll be right more often than wrong.

Its pretty simple start Josh Rosen. You completely wasted a 2nd round pick on him and now because hes not starting we will have to spend 2 firsts and a 2nd to move up and take a franchise QB. Fitzpatrick never should have been signed period.

We shipped off a franchise left tackle and an all pro safety who will be one of the best DBs in the league for the next decade for picks that we now have to trade to get anyone worthwhile...

Your answer is a post complaining about moves that are done and in the past, which in fact made our team worse.....which in turn helps the case of a tanking team? So the answer is, there is not answer.

I've yet to hear anyone that is so upset about the win explain in reality what they should physically do to lose games. Reality is, everything you guys are pointing to just further increases my faith in a coaching staff that can pull this off after such devastating circumstances. Maybe Flo is just too qualified for his own good. The more horse **** they give him the more he overachieves with it. Maybe the guy's so good he is incapable of tanking effectively after having jettisoned his top key pieces. I'm thinking we could have the most important piece of the puzzle......a qualified coach building a complete team. THAT will get is to the playoffs far quicker than the #1 QB in the next draft.

and you guys need to quit trying to act like people that don't cheer losses don't see the importance of the QB position. It's a weak argument bc the position of rooting to lose is equally as weak. I want a franchise QB as must as anyone, but not to the detriment of the rest of the organization. You can succeed with great staff and a decent QB (49'ers) but it's much harder to do with a great QB and garbage staff. These guys are getting competent play out of next years grocery baggers and you guys are bitching. Unreal

I think this season si very peculiar in the sense that there are a lot of bad teams out there. A LOT. And not just bad, but absolutely ****ing depressingly bad.

Before the season started, a lot of people were speculating a 3-13 record would still get us the top selection. And that may end up being our record when all is said and done, but it won't be enough to get the top pick, and it might not even be enough to get the #2 pick. Think about that for a second.

For the Dolphins to get the first pick of the draft in 2020 we probably would've had to go 0-16 this season. And I had no problem with that, honestly, but it would've been problematic in terms of the coaching staff. Because, how can you you have any faith in your coaching staff to develop the plethora of players you're bringing in in 2020, if they can't manage to win 1 game against a lot of ****ty teams in 2019?

So we're stuck in a weird place, mourning the loss of our chances to get the top pick, but at least knowing that Flores and co. are not complete duds that led this team to a winless record in a historically bad NFL season. That's why I get both sides of this debate.

At the end of the day, the real loser in this might be Chris Grier, who will now have a ton of pressure from ownership + fans + media to land a franchise QB no matter what. But at the end of the day, if his head coaching selection (Flores) turns out to be the real deal, that might turn Chris Grier into a winner as well. So yeah, it's a very very complicated matter, to say the least.

I don't get this Grier hate - not that I'm a fan. Poster have said since he took over he sucked because HE picked the groceries. All Flo did was cook with what he had. Now Miami is looking far better than they did game 4 with a number of players Grier signed playing surprisingly well and, without much exaggeration, possibly starting next year. Yes, Flo 'coached them up,' but Grier still picked the groceries.
Yes, I'd like to get an eternal All Pro in every draft, but that's unrealistic. Very few teams get perennial All Pros every OTHER year. Getting a fwe starters is a good draft. No, Grier hasn't done that every year. No GM does

I am really starting to think they like Josh Rosen alot more than anyone thinks, they are not planning on Drafting QB early this upcoming draft, they are planning to load up on very good Players early and often in Free Agency and the Draft. They will give Rosen every chance to do his thing in 2020. We will draft a QB very high in 2021 if this plan fails, we'll see how it all works out, GO DOLPHINS.
They didn't even let Rosen throw on 3rd and 6 when Fitz was in the concussion protocol. I can assure you that they think just as much of Rosen as I do, which is that he's terrible.

Y'all saw Major League. Its one thing to try to build a losing team. Quite another to expect a bunch of professionals with pride to buy into the tanking. I would never ask another man to intentionally lose but that is essentially what some of you expect. The front office built a team to accumulate draft picks and cap space. I seriously doubt they also brought the team in and asked them to "throw" the season.

I don't get this Grier hate - not that I'm a fan. Poster have said since he took over he sucked because HE picked the groceries. All Flo did was cook with what he had. Now Miami is looking far better than they did game 4 with a number of players Grier signed playing surprisingly well and, without much exaggeration, possibly starting next year. Yes, Flo 'coached them up,' but Grier still picked the groceries.
Yes, I'd like to get an eternal All Pro in every draft, but that's unrealistic. Very few teams get perennial All Pros every OTHER year. Getting a fwe starters is a good draft. No, Grier hasn't done that every year. No GM does
I don't get this comment. Where did I bash Grier?

Your answer is a post complaining about moves that are done and in the past, which in fact made our team worse.....which in turn helps the case of a tanking team? So the answer is, there is not answer.

I've yet to hear anyone that is so upset about the win explain in reality what they should physically do to lose games. Reality is, everything you guys are pointing to just further increases my faith in a coaching staff that can pull this off after such devastating circumstances. Maybe Flo is just too qualified for his own good. The more horse **** they give him the more he overachieves with it. Maybe the guy's so good he is incapable of tanking effectively after having jettisoned his top key pieces. I'm thinking we could have the most important piece of the puzzle......a qualified coach building a complete team. THAT will get is to the playoffs far quicker than the #1 QB in the next draft.

and you guys need to quit trying to act like people that don't cheer losses don't see the importance of the QB position. It's a weak argument bc the position of rooting to lose is equally as weak. I want a franchise QB as must as anyone, but not to the detriment of the rest of the organization. You can succeed with great staff and a decent QB (49'ers) but it's much harder to do with a great QB and garbage staff. These guys are getting competent play out of next years grocery baggers and you guys are bitching. Unreal

That’s a fair post bro but some fellow Fins have posted that we should have given Rosen a runrather than FP which would have helped the tank. Going 0-16 is possible (I’m not a fan of the idea) and it ensures you get the no 1 pick which you can either use for the best QB available/or the one your franchise wants anyway or trade up for good rewards.

The Bengals dropped Dalton for an unknown in reality which smacks of deliberate tanking for 5hat no 1 spot. I snuck on a couple of Cincy websites over the last week. The general consensus was dropping Dalton for a deliberate tank for no 1 pick was the right thing to do and some were happy to go 0-16 to ensure they get there. Some were hoping Green would sit out the season.....

They were also commenting on trading the no 1 pick with us for two first round picks of ours.....

So some people can see the benefit of losing and tanking and the Bengals fans are well behind it as are some of the fins fans with us. I believe it’s a fairy opinion and has a lot of support amongst various franchises and their fans who are struggling like we are.

Back
Top Bottom