We Are In A Better Qb Situation Then Any Other Team In The Nfl | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

We Are In A Better Qb Situation Then Any Other Team In The Nfl

Ray R

Club Member
Reaction score
We have 2 QB's with enough skill to be a starters on many of the other teams in this league.

Some teams don't even have one good starter. Consider the fragility of the Titans situation, or the questions the Bills are facing at QB and you may begin to see how we may be a step ahead of many teams with the combination of the two QB's we have.

One of ours is highly experienced with some degree of success. He is not breaking the bank with his salary.

One of ours just completed a rookie season under the tutelage of several coaches and a responsibility to learn, know and play immediately in 2 or 3 different systems behind one of the worst offensive lines in the league. He took his licks.

After the most bazar off season QB situation I've ever seen, our 2nd year QB saw another new coach come in and a 1st round QB being drafted (one the new coach specifically requested). When he was traded to the Dolphins, he was able to make the transition without bad-mouthing any body and actually showing a little sense of humor (telling the new QB he knew where an apartment would be available). He came in a trade for a 2nd round draft pick and his rookie salary.

It seems reasonable to me, that our new coaches will start with the more experienced player. It is possible, but not probable, that our 2nd year QB will displace our starter for the first part of the season.

As the season progresses I feel we will see our 2nd year QB start some games. This may be due to a QB injury, or a coaching judgment that he is now well enough versed in the new playbook to be successful. No matter what the reason, I think we will see both our QB's starting some games this year.

I have intentionally left out the QB's names to (hopefully) encourage you guys to look at situation for what it is and not generate some overstated reactions when you hear or read the QB's names. Just my attempt to reduce the lemming juice that gets sprayed around in these posts so often.

Kool....In the end I just want Rosen or Jimmy 2 shoes to take us to the promised land

I almost fell out of my chair in laughter reading this. Hysterical. Great job!

Yo Ray, truly appreciate the + spin and you're obviously a TRUE FAN #1.

That said #1s (i.e., starters) IMO are what really matters in the N F L and

we have yet to prove we have a viable (sustainable winner) at that spot.

That means (IMO) your headline (thread title) is a tad tilted...

:)

**hugs**

Well with low expectations and plenty of draft picks to select other positions, we seem to be well situated for a 2020 draft that headlines 3 legitimate top echelon prospects at QB--Fromm, Tua, Herbert--in whichever order you prefer. So, if neither of these two capable QB prospects on the roster claims the spot, we are also in an ideal situation to get our QB of the future in the 2020 draft. This is also a good spot to be in when considering the QB position. Regardless of whether you call this Plan A, B, or C, it does bode well for the future.

giphy.gif

Oh my oh my

I think we are being punked yet again

Time to pull out the 7 day ban from posting

Yo Ray, truly appreciate the + spin and you're obviously a TRUE FAN #1.

That said #1s (i.e., starters) IMO are what really matters in the N F L and

we have yet to prove we have a viable (sustainable winner) at that spot.

That means (IMO) your headline (thread title) is a tad tilted...

**hugs**

Your not wrong.

We don't know which one of our QB's is going to be effective, but there is a history with Fitz that indicates he can play well for a significant number of games. Since he has been through a lot of systems during his time with the league, I feel he may pick up our new system quicker then Rosen. This would typically put him in as our starter.

Due to Rosen's rough rookie year, it may take some time for him to regain confidence and learn the playbook. I suspect he has equal general ability to Fritz, but his youth may give him greater stamina. If he can use his arm as effectively in a game as he does in practice and continually grow in his skill at using the playbook and learning to make effective audibles, then he will be ready to start later in the year.

This may be a blessing in disguise. If it turns out Fitz does well but gets injured in the 4th or 5th week, the Rosen would be both available and ready. It may be that the coaches are interested in seeing what Rosin can do and sit Fritz for a game or two. At that point I would expect a decision to be made as to who our starter for the remainder of the year will be.

Think of it as shifting gears from first to second while going up a hill. You try to get some momentum before you shift to second gear. If that works you continue on in second gear, and if it doesn't you shift back into first. By the time you reach the top of the hill you will know which worked best, 1st or 2nd gear.

Keep in mind we may have a third QB who learns, improves and could impress the coaching staff. For now I see our best shots as being Fitz with Rosen's time occurring after 1/3 to 1/2 of the season, but who knows.

This has to be a better situation then half of the teams we will be playing. It is unlikely that their 2nd QB will play as well or better then their starter. This is why I think we are ahead of many teams with our current QB situation.

Back
Top Bottom