We Are In A Better Qb Situation Then Any Other Team In The Nfl | Page 6 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

We Are In A Better Qb Situation Then Any Other Team In The Nfl

Our QB situation looked a lot better 2 day's ago when Fitzpatrick was dropping dimes with ease and seemed to be in total control, his performance seems to have fallen off a cliff when the pads went on. Instead of Rosen playing up to Fitzpatrick level, Fitzpatrick has fallen to Rosen level, so right now I would say the arrow is pointing down.

Can't blame the offensive line, every report is saying there is no pressure, can't blame the receiver's it's the deepest group we have and capable of playing at a semi-high NFL level.

Hopefully we can get Fitzpatrick back on track and have Rosen striving to get to that level and beyond.

If the Dolphins believe the need a new QB there could be a 2 year window with more than 3 QB's involved, that picture will become clearer after this years college season.

Most teams that go 3-13 end up getting rid of there coaching staff and/or front office and start a new rebuild, we already have our new coaching staff and semi-new front office and this seems to be playing out backwards/weird/reverse. Reminds me of the time Ross took off to hire Jim Harbaugh without firing Tony Sparano.

Can't help but have the feeling this may not turn out right.

Not entirely true. He has shown the ability to sense pressure and move...(there are numerous "break down" videos supporting this). Not at a master level -- but he has shown the ability to move. High level pocket awareness and subsequent movement are RARE qualities -- but I think Rosen has at least the potential to improve in this critical area -- hopefully significantly. If (???) he can do that along with the other points I defined we will be in good hands moving forward.

My opinion. Of course.

BNF

He wasn’t good at it in college and he didn’t improve at it in NFL. If you thought Tannenhill Held the ball a lot wait until you see Rosen.

we have the best qb situation in the nfl yet we have 2 guys that are more likely to be out of the league in 2 years than in the playoffs. got it.

I doubt that, but anything is possible.

Maybe the Browns get to the Superbowl this year, how do you feel about that?

Our QB situation looked a lot better 2 day's ago when Fitzpatrick was dropping dimes with ease and seemed to be in total control, his performance seems to have fallen off a cliff when the pads went on. Instead of Rosen playing up to Fitzpatrick level, Fitzpatrick has fallen to Rosen level, so right now I would say the arrow is pointing down.

Can't blame the offensive line, every report is saying there is no pressure, can't blame the receiver's it's the deepest group we have and capable of playing at a semi-high NFL level.

Hopefully we can get Fitzpatrick back on track and have Rosen striving to get to that level and beyond.

If the Dolphins believe the need a new QB there could be a 2 year window with more than 3 QB's involved, that picture will become clearer after this years college season.

Most teams that go 3-13 end up getting rid of there coaching staff and/or front office and start a new rebuild, we already have our new coaching staff and semi-new front office and this seems to be playing out backwards/weird/reverse. Reminds me of the time Ross took off to hire Jim Harbaugh without firing Tony Sparano.

Its way too early in training camp to be able to estimate how we will do based on the third or fourth day of practice.

Our new coaching staff has said once the pads come on the whole output shifts since some folks do worse with the pads on and some do better. I feel it will take another two weeks before we can make even a rough guess as to how we are really shaping up. Keep in mind that with a new coaching staff, there are likely to be ongoing changes in scheme as they get a feel for the players, which may take an even longer time.

After our third preseason game I think we will have a much better idea of how things are shaping up or shipping out.

I don’t see it. But at the end of the day as I said this entire season should be about giving Rosen the Ball from Day one and going with it to see what you have there. Does it help Fitz picking up 3-4 meaningless wins and then Rosen coming in and playing like crap at times but picking up a couple wins. Now Fins sitting at 10-15 in draft and having to give a TON of assets up to get up for their QB. Or is it better to go with Rosen from jump he fails now in the top 5 for your QB.

And I was a Rosen Fan in the Draft.

I'm of the mindset that there is no such thing as a meaningless win in the NFL. Every win and loss counts. I would worry more about loosing streaks, which are difficult to predict. If a team can limit its losing streaks in length and number, they will typically make the playoffs.

Isn't this what you hope not to see in the last half of the season; losing streaks?

No doubt. While every year it seems that top QB prospects bubble to the surface and every year talking heads proclaim this to be the best QB draft in a millennium … this 2020 class really does look to have 3 legitimately great prospects. All three of them would be gems for us. Fromm is ideally suited for this system. Tua is the most proven and dynamic. Herbert is the most prototypical from a physical standpoint. All three are accurate, with Fromm being the most consistently accurate and Herbert the least consistently accurate, but all three can fit balls into tight windows. Fromm is the best pre-snap, Tua is the best off-script, and Herbert has the highest upside. Really, three different flavors of YES PLEASE and the Dolphins can solve their QB situation for the next 1.5 decades if we get one of the top 3 picks in the draft.

Love this type of analysis. They are three different flavors of good. Pick the one the fits your teams coaching strengths.

No doubt. While every year it seems that top QB prospects bubble to the surface and every year talking heads proclaim this to be the best QB draft in a millennium … this 2020 class really does look to have 3 legitimately great prospects. All three of them would be gems for us. Fromm is ideally suited for this system. Tua is the most proven and dynamic. Herbert is the most prototypical from a physical standpoint. All three are accurate, with Fromm being the most consistently accurate and Herbert the least consistently accurate, but all three can fit balls into tight windows. Fromm is the best pre-snap, Tua is the best off-script, and Herbert has the highest upside. Really, three different flavors of YES PLEASE and the Dolphins can solve their QB situation for the next 1.5 decades if we get one of the top 3 picks in the draft.

I am of the opinion that:

1) The top three picks will not all be QB
2) There will be at least one QB projected in the top 10 who ISN'T one of those three you mentioned (Love, Hurts, etc)
3) Fromm will get pushed down in projections to be a borderline top-15 pick because he isn't as "toolsy" as the other prospects.

That being said, I think you're spot-on about Fromm, and that he's nearly a perfect fit for a E&P type of system. Assuming the Fins aren't in a position to take Tua? He's the guy I want.

I wouldn't put a lot of stock in the notion that "Bad Fitz" showed up based on the pads. He is a 14-year vet, after all, who has played in over 140 games without a red shirt on. The thing about Fitz is that he can be great, or he can be sloppy-- although, I will say that his swings between "Good Fitz," and "Bad Fitz" generally happen over the course of three or four games, not three or four days. I wouldn't worry too much about one bad practice.

What I do wonder, though, is why so many Phin fans want Fitz to start the season when you have a potential franchise QB in Josh Rosen? And, don't get me wrong-- I have never been high on Rosen. But, since you have him, and since you will likely be in a position to draft high in 2019 if Rosen craps out, I would think you would want to start him right away, over an aging vet who has proven himself to be a capable backup, but an inconsistent, and ultimately inadequate starter?

I'm of the mindset that there is no such thing as a meaningless win in the NFL. Every win and loss counts. I would worry more about loosing streaks, which are difficult to predict. If a team can limit its losing streaks in length and number, they will typically make the playoffs.

Isn't this what you hope not to see in the last half of the season; losing streaks?

If you are already playing out all the help things or are dead last in Division after October not going to make the playoffs so yeah all wins later in the season at that point is increase the assets you will need to move up and get a legit QB. And very well could be shut out of one in the Draft.

Love this type of analysis. They are three different flavors of good. Pick the one the fits your teams coaching strengths.
Absolutely. The ideal scheme-fit is Fromm, he is the most accurate and best pre-snap, which is what this offense depends upon every snap. Consistently precise, able to thread tight windows regularly and best at avoiding INT's. Pre-snap he is light years ahead of the other two and truly exceptional, so a great fit for our system which so heavily depends upon pre-snap reads and audibles.

Tua is the sturdiest, craftiest, toughest, most mobile, and the best off-platform. He's not a running QB, but he's demonstrably better than Fromm when the play breaks down. He is good at the things Fromm is great at, and adds an extra dimension. He is probably also the best leader of the three. Lots to love here, and no real flaws … just solid all around. Highest floor.

Herbert is the one who will get GM's fired. He's clearly the best physical tools, biggest, strongest arm, flashes dominant accuracy and game-changing plays, but inconsistent and a bit raw. Weakest pre-snap, and while his accuracy is extremely good sometimes, he is definitely the least consistent. Physically, he's in the league with Josh Allen, but with better accuracy. As a player … he's just not consistent enough to start and be dependable. Every GM and coach is going to salivate over the physical gifts--cannon arm, height, some athletic ability, etc.--but can they get the athlete to become the savvy QB? In our offense, Herbert is probably the least ready of the three … but word is the Dolphins are one of many teams completely smitten with him, and given a choice, this is quite possibly our first choice. There will be growing pains, and he may be another Matt Stafford who never becomes great … but GM's always want to swing for the fences, and Herbet is that guy.

Personally, if I'm Coach Flo, I want Fromm, he'll get the job done. But … the cook doesn't always buy the groceries as they say.

I am of the opinion that:

1) The top three picks will not all be QB
2) There will be at least one QB projected in the top 10 who ISN'T one of those three you mentioned (Love, Hurts, etc)
3) Fromm will get pushed down in projections to be a borderline top-15 pick because he isn't as "toolsy" as the other prospects.

That being said, I think you're spot-on about Fromm, and that he's nearly a perfect fit for a E&P type of system. Assuming the Fins aren't in a position to take Tua? He's the guy I want.
All fair assessments.

But, every year we see QB's get bid up. There are more than 3 teams in need of legitimate franchise QB's out there, and I'm guessing they'll be making very lucrative offers for the top 3 picks. That's why it is a very real possibility that QB's go 1-2-3. Then again, injuries, staying in school, or just having an off year and all that could change. Fromm is small and not physically dominant, more like a Baker Mayfield but with a more mature demeanor. Herbert is like Josh Allen, but better. Tua is harder to quantify, because he is literally "good" at everything … but the question is where he's truly elite at what matters. Kid is a winner … and I think he's going to be successful and very in-demand.

Not sure about the other QB's … but there's time and stranger things have happened.

I'm with ya on Fromm, he's not the physical ideal. He's not Tom Brady when he entered the league either though, so I think he goes in the top 3. If I'm Coach Flores, I'm higher on Fromm than the rest of the NFL though, because he fits our QB-dependent system like a glove.

All fair assessments.

But, every year we see QB's get bid up. There are more than 3 teams in need of legitimate franchise QB's out there, and I'm guessing they'll be making very lucrative offers for the top 3 picks. That's why it is a very real possibility that QB's go 1-2-3. Then again, injuries, staying in school, or just having an off year and all that could change. Fromm is small and not physically dominant, more like a Baker Mayfield but with a more mature demeanor. Herbert is like Josh Allen, but better. Tua is harder to quantify, because he is literally "good" at everything … but the question is where he's truly elite at what matters. Kid is a winner … and I think he's going to be successful and very in-demand.

Not sure about the other QB's … but there's time and stranger things have happened.

I'm with ya on Fromm, he's not the physical ideal. He's not Tom Brady when he entered the league either though, so I think he goes in the top 3. If I'm Coach Flores, I'm higher on Fromm than the rest of the NFL though, because he fits our QB-dependent system like a glove.

Not trying to nitpick here...but what three teams who will probably be worse than Miami AND picking a QB in the 1st? Not Washington, or the Giants, or the Cardinals, or the Bills or Jets. The ONLY way I see this as a concern is if the Bengals, Raiders and Bucs all finish worse than the Fins, and all three decide to go QB.

Not trying to nitpick here...but what three teams who will probably be worse than Miami AND picking a QB in the 1st? Not Washington, or the Giants, or the Cardinals, or the Bills or Jets. The ONLY way I see this as a concern is if the Bengals, Raiders and Bucs all finish worse than the Fins, and all three decide to go QB.
I don't rule out the Giants or Jets, but if you want more possibilities, Denver, LA Chargers if Rivers gets injured, Bengals as you've mentioned, Ravens if things go wrong, Falcons, Saints if Brees gets injured, Packers if Rodgers gets injured, Lions, 49'ers if Garappolo proves brittle … when teams end up in the top 10, something went wrong. When that involves the QB … many of those bets are off.

Back
Top Bottom