We lost because the coaches didn't run the football. | Page 7 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

We lost because the coaches didn't run the football.

I agree the lack of commitment to the run, regardless of defensive alignment is holding us back. the fact that it puts the d on the field too much and screws up our time of possession is no good.

Now coming back to the TB game, Frerotte hit several people who were wide open like Lorenzo Diamond and Marty Booker that would have gone for TD's but the guys just dropped the ball. What else can the guy do?

The turnover for a TD really killed us completely. Without that, its a 13 to 20 game and you could say that our lack of execution on offense was what lost the game.

Without the fumble I would agree that the run by pittman on the missed tackle by the LB was probably the major play in the game.

Now that being said, remember this team will get better and our coache is just a rookie and he's figuring out how to win with this system and these players.

ohall said:
Yea let's just run into 8 and 9 man fronts! I mean it's what Wanny would do!

If our receivers catch the passes we win that game yesterday. You can say that about every loss we've had this year!

But they didn't have 8 or 9 man fronts. The broadcasters did a breakdown showing an average of 7 men in the box. Even if they had 10 in the box we should have kept pounding the rock. Thats one of the reasons of having two all star bruising backs. Keep rotating in the guy with fresh legs while we wear down the defense.

I don't know enough to equal Linehan's pinkie finger. But, that's what we shoulf have done.

Superself said:
It is that simple. Same reason why we lost last week.

It wasn't Gus's fault or anyone else's. It is ultimately Nick's fault for allowing Linehan to initiate an air attack all game long. That is our weakness. Our passing game is sporadic at best!

Establish the run with the two thoroughbreds you've got back there and everything else will fall into place.

It's that simple, huh? We were 1st and 15, 2nd and long the ENTIRE DAY and you want to run the ball? Tampa has the #1 defense in thew league. Do you realize you stand better odds of getting a first down passing in long yardage situations then trying to run behind a line that doesn't block? We weren't able to run AT ALL and you wanted us TO TRY AND RUN MORE!?!?

Yea, it's Saban's fault we didn't run, because he's not stupid.

bigmiamifan said:
It's that simple, huh? We were 1st and 15, 2nd and long the ENTIRE DAY and you want to run the ball? Tampa has the #1 defense in thew league. Do you realize you stand better odds of getting a first down passing in long yardage situations then trying to run behind a line that doesn't block? We weren't able to run AT ALL and you wanted us TO TRY AND RUN MORE!?!?

Yea, it's Saban's fault we didn't run, because he's not stupid.

We didn't have success because they gave up on it too quickly. 3rd and 2 and you pass? That is just ignorant.

No need to post a new thread. Same crap again.

I tell ya, this coaching staff has not done anything impressive. Lots of talk, but the end result is close to what we had last year, but with clearly more talent.

Reasons why Dolphin fans believe the Dolphins lose?

Lets classify people now! If you like to blame the quarterback or the wide reciever just choose the category

QB- Bash Gus all you want
O-line- Bash the O-line for not creating wholes and not pass blocking well enough
Wr- Blame them for not catching enough of the passes even if they are bad
DB- Blame them for there poor coverage
D-line/LB- Blame them for not stuffing the run
Coaches- Blame Linehan, Houck or Saban!

Alright you got choices and since this is one of the most negative sites why don't you all post a good opinion on why 1 or more of these topics are the reasons why we lose.

Me personally I try to stay positive but I think Gus missed some passes tonight and he had time to throw on some plays. I also believe we should of ran the ball more.

I disagree. We lost because we couldn't pass the ball. The run will get stuffed when the defense doesn't fear the pass.

Superself said:
You don't draft a RB #2 overall to pass all day long. At some point, you have to pound it. We are not asking that we run the ball 35 times a game. Only keep it balanced please!

We still ran the ball 18 times. Had we been more effective at it or had we not given up such a lead, we probably would've stayed with it. However, when you're way behind and the later it is in the game, THAT is what dictates what you do. When it's late in the 4th and you're down 2 TDs, it's pretty stupid to keep pounding it in there cuz you'll run out of clock PDQ. THEN were would hear nothing except how stupid were are in clock management, etc.

Superself said:
Every NFL team does it. You think Shaun Alexander didn't face 8 man fronts yesterday...LaDainian Tomlinson....Priest Holmes?? They face those same fronts...better yet, they face an entire defense keying on them every play. Yet they persevere!
We can do the same if our guys have established a mindset that they are going to run it well. As soon as you run scared because another team has lined up 8-9 in the box, that is when you lose.

With our two backs it wouldn't seem unreasonable to run the ball 30-40 times in a game. The key of course though is they can't be playing from too far behind.

Superself said:
It is that simple. Same reason why we lost last week.

It wasn't Gus's fault or anyone else's. It is ultimately Nick's fault for allowing Linehan to initiate an air attack all game long. That is our weakness. Our passing game is sporadic at best!

Establish the run with the two thoroughbreds you've got back there and everything else will fall into place.

Especially when you don't have a QB.

mbmonk said:
You could talk about the same topic in any one of these threads that have already brought up the same point:

http://www.finheaven.com/boardvb2/showthread.php?t=103643
OR
http://www.finheaven.com/boardvb2/showthread.php?t=103628
OR
http://www.finheaven.com/boardvb2/showthread.php?t=103579

and there are probably more than that

So why does it bother you when a thread is made you clicked on it you saw what it was about so what is you deal reply to the thread or don't reply! :fire: :yell:

Back
Top Bottom