We need that TE next year.......Ben Sinnott. Kansas State vs. Iowa State tonight. | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

We need that TE next year.......Ben Sinnott. Kansas State vs. Iowa State tonight.

The Ghost

Stamos
Super Donator
Club Member
Reaction score
I am sure we'd all love to somehow snag Brock Bowers but anyone who follows the draft close enough knows we don't have the assets to waste the time day dreaming about BB.

That said, I like Kansas State's Ben Sinnott quite a bit. He's built like a tank. Great ball skills. Very fluid athlete for 6'4", 247 lbs.

Durham Smyhe is locked onto the roster for 2024 and I am ok with that. He's a very reliable player. I also like Julian Hill's potential with that frame.

I want to add bona fide talent to help Tua deal with the short yardage situations (that McDaniel prefers to pass in).

Sinnott is someone to keep an eye on. I think he'll rise from the third/fourth round area to possibly end of round 2 if he tests well enough.

Last edited:
I am sure we'd all love to somehow snag Brock Bowers but anyone who follows the draft close enough knows we don't have the assets to waste the time day dreaming about BB.

That said, Kansas State's Ben Sinnott quite a bit. He's built like a tank. Great ball skills. Very fluid athlete for 6'4", 247 lbs.

Durham Smyhe is locked onto the roster for 2024 and I am ok with that. He's a very reliable player. I also like Julian Hill's potential with that frame.

I want to add bona fide talent to help Tua deal with the short yardage situations (that McDaniel prefers to pass in).

Sinnott is someone to keep an eye on. I think he'll rise from the third/fourth round area to possibly end of round 2 if he tests well enough.
Keep an eye on Cooper Beebe, k-states offensive guard. Best true guard in the country and will be an Outland finalist.

Monster game for Sinnott in a loss for KSU. 10 receptions, 136 yards and a TD. He made himself some extra cash tonight.

I’ll take Bebe and Sinnott all day.

We need to find a 3rd round pick.

Great game in the snow. 42-35 Iowa State.
only way to get a 3rd round pick is if we move down from our first round pick

Which seems like it’ll be the best play for us. Should be a few interior OL available at the top of round 2.

Just going someone pays big to move up for a QB at the end of round one.
one of my favorite IOL guys in the draft (Zak Zinter) had a horrible injury yesterday. He was at worst a 2nd round pick and was moving up the boards.....some team with more picks than us will take a chance on him on day 3 and they will get a steal

one of my favorite IOL guys in the draft (Zak Zinter) had a horrible injury yesterday. He was at worst a 2nd round pick and was moving up the boards.....some team with more picks than us will take a chance on him on day 3 and they will get a steal

Ya I saw, felt bad for his family being there as well.

IMO The ZZ injury will not cause him to drop - not an ankle or a knee or a back

He was locked in top 60 2nd round and IMO he will get chosen in there

It’s a shame it’s not possible to trade down and accumulate picks like you can with a PFN mock draft simulator. Too many needs and not enough picks.

It’s a shame it’s not possible to trade down and accumulate picks like you can with a PFN mock draft simulator. Too many needs and not enough picks.

There might be a path to trading down this year, with a QB needy team.

If Williams and Maye go 1 and 2, the rest of those QB needy teams will likely pass on the position until their next selection.

I'd really like to put a hurtin on the Commanders this week, and Sam Howell especially (with all due respect to Howell, its not personal). They have Chicago's second rounder so they could be sitting there at 36 and 38 thinking about finding a new QB. They will surely have a new HC and he will surely want another QB.

I'll take 36, 69 and 140 (which will likely be 150-155ish after comp picks are added), for pick 25 and maybe a 6th next year (we'll have extra picks next year).

Would love to make a move for both of Washington's seconds but that might be tricky.

Sinnott will be a little older than your average rookie and has a injury history. Not saying he should be dismissed beccause of either issue, but it's something to consider. I think Miami would be ok if they add a 2nd tier vet te in free agency and maybe a day 3 te prospect.

Luke Lachey is an interesting TE prospect.

He is the TE Du Jour at Iowa and he fits the catch and block bill I think the team wants.

Ja'Tavion Sanders is a pure pass catcher out of Texas who could be a big time downfield threat but does not offer much as a blocker.

Only dawned on me right now that Skylar Thompson would've been Sinnott's QB two years ago, granted it was his freshman year and he only had 2 receptions.

At the very least, we should have a scoop on some intel on this kid, as well as their OG Cooper Beebe.

And actually, I only had the thought because I was curious to know if Mike White had crossed paths with Western Kentucky star WR Malachi Corley. They didn't as White was gone before Corley enrolled.

Corley would look great in Miami with McDaniel/Tua.

Boy do I hope we can trade out of the first round and get some extra picks.

Sinnott will be a little older than your average rookie and has a injury history. Not saying he should be dismissed beccause of either issue, but it's something to consider. I think Miami would be ok if they add a 2nd tier vet te in free agency and maybe a day 3 te prospect.
Those slightly older players seem to drop a ton in the draft. More than I think is reasonable. I've never seen an analysis or anything, but it certainly seems that way.

Sinnott won't be 22 until June, so he's not particularly old.

But @The Ghost made a great call here. I think Sinnott is the perfect TE for Miami. One of the best blocking TE's you'll see, and particularly for Miami - because he's adept at blocking on the move and from all over the formation.

That alone would make him valuable, but he also shows excellent balance after the catch and at the catch point. Looks plenty fast to me, and even if he doesn't test great (he might), he's functionally a very good athlete.

McDaniel would use his versatility, and he'd give Tua a tough receiving option underneath. LOVE him for Miami.

He's currently projected to go outside the Top 100, but imo he's better than multiple TE's who went Top 100 I'm 2023.

Back
Top Bottom