We need that TE next year.......Ben Sinnott. Kansas State vs. Iowa State tonight. | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

We need that TE next year.......Ben Sinnott. Kansas State vs. Iowa State tonight.

Yeah, we don't know. I think he should want an upgrade at TE, though.
I agree and they won't be very active in FA so it would have to be a draft pick.

But it is unlikely they will draft a TE who contributes a whole lot next season. More likely it will be a "project" type who takes a while.

Luke Lachey out of Iowa(yest THAT Iowa)looks like a solid Day 2 guy with upside.

He can catch and block and we will see how he tests to find out how high he might climb in a pretty weak TE class after Bowers.

If the Fins had extra Draft Capital I would be agitating to trade up for Bowers.He would be such a great fit in Miami*.

* Or anywhere else. :chuckle:
I'm all for stockpiling elite talent!

Obviously, it's not going to happen with Bowers, but I think Miami would be a perfect fit.

I'm all for stockpiling elite talent!

Obviously, it's not going to happen with Bowers, but I think Miami would be a perfect fit.
I think every team would be the perfect fit for Bowers.

He will probably not be drafted as high as he should be but when the dust clears he will be a Top 5 player from this Draft.

If we somehow drafted Bowers McDaniel would spluge for minutes, ruin his bougie outfit, then spend a week straight on his iPad, drawing up hundreds of incredible ways to use him. But Brock won't get close to our pick, and we can't move up - with our cap situation, we need more picks, not less.

Our scheme, especially some of our signature plays, ask a lot of our TE's (Smythe), FB (Ingold obv.), and backside OL (typically RG/RT, Hunt/AJack earlier in the season) in blocking - tough blocks - reach, non-leverage, 2 defenders on different levels, etc. Smythe isn't that talented, but he's a real lynchpin of our blocking schemes. If we take a TE in the mid to late rounds, we have to research their ability to learn (or do) various blocks really well. In my view at least.

Bowers will probably go in the middle of round 1

Back
Top Bottom