We need that TE next year.......Ben Sinnott. Kansas State vs. Iowa State tonight. | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

We need that TE next year.......Ben Sinnott. Kansas State vs. Iowa State tonight.

Only dawned on me right now that Skylar Thompson would've been Sinnott's QB two years ago, granted it was his freshman year and he only had 2 receptions.

At the very least, we should have a scoop on some intel on this kid, as well as their OG Cooper Beebe.

And actually, I only had the thought because I was curious to know if Mike White had crossed paths with Western Kentucky star WR Malachi Corley. They didn't as White was gone before Corley enrolled.

Corley would look great in Miami with McDaniel/Tua.

Boy do I hope we can trade out of the first round and get some extra picks.
Unless there is a no brainer pick late in R1 I would be hoping to trade back...............but then I always want to trade back. ;)

We need a few of the 2nd tier QB's to still be on the board to entice a team to come up.

Unless there is a no brainer pick late in R1 I would be hoping to trade back...............but then I always want to trade back. ;)

We need a few of the 2nd tier QB's to still be on the board to entice a team to come up.

I've been echoing the same sentiments the last couple weeks. There are a lot of good interior OL prospects who should be there in the early second.

Was really rooting for those second tier QB's to take off. Jayden Daniels appears to be heading into the top 15 range.

I heard Quinn Ewers was looking to return to Austin and possibly force an Arch Manning transfer?

I am hoping that Washington - Texas game is epic.

I've been echoing the same sentiments the last couple weeks. There are a lot of good interior OL prospects who should be there in the early second.

Was really rooting for those second tier QB's to take off. Jayden Daniels appears to be heading into the top 15 range.

I heard Quinn Ewers was looking to return to Austin and possibly force an Arch Manning transfer?

I am hoping that Washington - Texas game is epic.
I hear a comment attributed to an anonymous college coach that said you don't want to be the team that wins the first recruiting battle for these stud recruits, you want to win the second one.

Ewers has been good enough that Texas should want him back but there is no way Manning waits two years to play.

Maybe he goes to USC to play for Riley.

I would not want to be a college HC these days, even at the powerhouse schools. But the mid level guys are going to become a farm system for the big boys.

It is going to turn into European Football.

I think there are a few day 3 te prospects that might be worth a look in the 5th, 6th or 7th rounds. If not, you can add a 2nd or 3rd tier vet free agent tight end to Hill and Smyth. I I've always like Spann-Ford at Minnesota.He's a mountain at 6'8 270. More of a blocking TE, but he would be a big target in the red zone and almost like having another tackle in the run game. I also like Erick All as a late round prospect. All is a decent all around prospect, but he will be coming off an injury

Can we dream of Oronde Gadsden II? Loved his father in his Miami days.

Luke Lachey out of Iowa(yest THAT Iowa)looks like a solid Day 2 guy with upside.

He can catch and block and we will see how he tests to find out how high he might climb in a pretty weak TE class after Bowers.

If the Fins had extra Draft Capital I would be agitating to trade up for Bowers.He would be such a great fit in Miami*.

* Or anywhere else. :chuckle:

McD needs his Miami Kittle. Kittle is one of the best players in the NFL with his skill in blocking and YAC, he's a game changer. Smythe is decent and would still be in the mix, but seeing the impact the rookie TEs have had this year, its tempting to draft one (high) next spring. Most of the time I've heard Julian Hill's name, its for a penalty negating a positive play.

McD needs his Miami Kittle. Kittle is one of the best players in the NFL with his skill in blocking and YAC, he's a game changer. Smythe is decent and would still be in the mix, but seeing the impact the rookie TEs have had this year, its tempting to draft one (high) next spring. Most of the time I've heard Julian Hill's name, its for a penalty negating a positive play.
The problem is that Bowers is the only TE worth "drafting high next spring" and he is going to be long gone when the Fins pick.

The problem is that Bowers is the only TE worth "drafting high next spring" and he is going to be long gone when the Fins pick.

Does drafting high = 1st Round? Top 40? I think Sinnott is in that 41-75 range with good testing, and great testing could bump him into the Top 40 - in terms of how I'd value him anyway.

I took "high" to mean 1st Round or at least in the top 40.

I am curious to see if Miami targets a TE this Draft because we assume that McD wants his own "Kittle" but we don't know that for sure.

I took "high" to mean 1st Round or at least in the top 40.

I am curious to see if Miami targets a TE this Draft because we assume that McD wants his own "Kittle" but we don't know that for sure.

Yeah, we don't know. I think he should want an upgrade at TE, though.

The only 1st round te would be Bowers from Georgia, if he declares. I'm not sure if any will go round 2. There will be a few that go in the 3rd round. One day 3 prospect that I like is Dallin Hocker from Colorado State. Smaller/ recieving te at 6'3/6'4 235 or 240, but he has good hands and runs good routes. He would be a good fit with Smyth and Hill. You could use him in the same manner the 49ers use Kittle. I'm not saying he will be as good as Kittle, but he would be a good fit in the MIami offense and could be drafted in the mid to late rounds.

I think Smythe and Hill have been pretty good blocking TE's for us.

I think we take another flyer on a late round developmental TE....remember McDaniel has twice tried to convert a WR to TE in his 2 year here. I think they continue that trend, but I dont expect a TE to be picked in top 3 rounds.

I think Smythe and Hill have been pretty good blocking TE's for us.

I think we take another flyer on a late round developmental TE....remember McDaniel has twice tried to convert a WR to TE in his 2 year here. I think they continue that trend, but I dont expect a TE to be picked in top 3 rounds.

I think pretty good is pretty generous. Miami's TE's are comfortably bottom-5. I wanted the ex-Baltimore TE, Oliver, who signed with Minnesota, and I wanted Kraft or Washington in the draft (LaPorta too, but he was off the board).

Smythe and Hill work their asses off, and I appreciate their effort, but Miami could use some real juice at the position. And, both are more try-hard blockers than guys who are particularly good at it.

Based on the last couple of years, you're probably right about how they'll approach it, but I think it's a mistake.

I think pretty good is pretty generous. Miami's TE's are comfortably bottom-5. I wanted the ex-Baltimore TE, Oliver, who signed with Minnesota, and I wanted Kraft or Washington in the draft (LaPorta too, but he was off the board).

Smythe and Hill work their asses off, and I appreciate their effort, but Miami could use some real juice at the position. And, both are more try-hard blockers than guys who are particularly good at it.

Based on the last couple of years, you're probably right about how they'll approach it, but I think it's a mistake.

I think TE will definitely be on the agenda, right behind the OL needs, this off season.

Back
Top Bottom