We need to extend Ireland before it's too late! | Page 22 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

We need to extend Ireland before it's too late!

Status
Not open for further replies.
And "if" Ireland gets fired at seasons end, a new GM is going to want his own coach, so Philbin more then likely would get axed. The vicious cycle would start all over again. This season is a very pivotal one.

We still don't know this.

True. I approve of the job hes done, taking a roster like the one we had last year to 7 wins was impressive. I also like the coaching staff hes assembled.

Back to my other post, the entire "Ross could hire a competent GM"...well, my faith gets shaken when i read:

Dolphins owner Stephen Ross said he is “committed long-term” to general manager Jeff Ireland. Dolfans are still trying to decide if that’s a good thing.

http://www.miamiherald.com/2013/08/11/3555228/greg-cote-win-over-jaguars-tells.html#storylink=cpy

So much for the "hes gone after this year" mantra.

Ireland knows or at least thinks that the majority of Dolphin fans dislike him so he may not want to return. Then again, I doubt there will be a bunch of teams falling all over each other to get him as their GM. He may have to go back to being a grunt scout
I sincerely hope he doesn't give a flying f_k what dolphin fans think of him. To do his job effectively, he must be as objective as possible about talent and NOT listen to amateurs. If he does, then he does need to move on.

It really depends on how the "team" he built with Philbin this year does - the past few years haven't been winning ones.
The talent is there, the coaching staff is there and now the production needs to be there.
a Playoff berth and 1 win means an extension, a 8-8 or less he is gone, a 9-7 is flip a coin!! 10-6 playoffs and a playoff win would secure his future!!
2013 will make or break Ireland.
on a side note - what kind of GM is he?

look, the man took a plan to the man and said FU Parcells. writing on wall dont ya think?

then he has decent draft two years ago, good one last year (great if Tanne is the bomb), and a superb offseason in total this year. Anyone wants to debate that, bring it. Until then, the plan has been seen by many as great moves. The cap is not in hell and Philbin doesnt have a damn problem with it. Looks to me like he will be resigned.

meanwhile, just find another Cam Wake Jeff and tell the mofo's to ST front door.

look, the man took a plan to the man and said FU Parcells. writing on wall dont ya think?

then he has decent draft two years ago, good one last year (great if Tanne is the bomb), and a superb offseason in total this year. Anyone wants to debate that, bring it. Until then, the plan has been seen by many as great moves. The cap is not in hell and Philbin doesnt have a damn problem with it. Looks to me like he will be resigned.

meanwhile, just find another Cam Wake Jeff and tell the mofo's to ST front door.

if u dont end up resigning your oen draft picks of course u will have cap space

And Ireland's fate can really be tied to 1 player. Ryan Tannehill. If Ryan does not take that step forward then Ireland has a ticket out of Miami. No doubt Ross wants Tannehill to become an elite QB. I am hoping for that but we may have to settle with him being a good QB which to me isn't enough for a high 1st round pick.

im pretty sure because im typing on a damn cell phone has nothing to do with spelling lol

doesnt make you smarter lol
but hell who knows i cleped english composition

He's not going anywhere if Ross doesn't want him to.

Sent from my ADR6425LVW using Tapatalk 2

im pretty sure because im typing on a damn cell phone has nothing to do with spelling lol

doesnt make you smarter lol
but hell who knows i cleped english composition

You CLEPED it? Are you just making up words now?

Only on finheaven.com can you see stuff like this. 4 losing seasons in a row and now this? How bout we win some games before worrying about anything else.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom