We need to keep all 4 of our RBs | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

We need to keep all 4 of our RBs

" I'm sure other teams scouts have been at TC and seen that this guy could be worth a shot, he is one tough Sombeach to bring down, cuts well, and has good vision."

Hey Ozzy scouts shouldn't be at our TC unless we charge admission...Maybe they did see him at Tampa..because the admission charge..but other then that they're not support to be at TC..

But your arguments I agree with 100%

hi guys ,

just one question. Imagine RW goes down to injury ( what I dont hope for gods sake) but why do you think that it would be good to let an unproven RB that we took in the 7th round this year , to bail us out ?

I think we should think about Travis Minor , nobody speaks about him as a backup did i missed some info about him , here in GErmany ?

CIao Alex from Berlin ,from Germany

Mountain out of a molehill. Basically what it comes down to is you guys tend to think that a bunch of teams out there are drooling over and waiting on a kid who they've never seen produce, and were not willing to draft, based on rumor alone. And its not rumor of greatness, its rumor of being POSSIBLY good enough to make the final roster.

Read into that "heavy competition" line from Marvez a little more. It means that we're not keeping all 4 guys, in Marvez' opinion. If Edwards stays relatively injury free from here until the cut date, Henry gets on waivers...is what Marvez is saying. So this kid is so valuable to his team that they won't reserve that last 53rd roster spot for him? Instead they give it to some guy like Ray Green, or Justin Seaverns, or Alonzo Mayes...or Albert Johnson or Robert Baker...and I'm supposed to believe that there are teams out there drooling over him?

I say its only possible IF somehow teams could have scouts at our training camps. However I don't think that is possible cuz the rule is no scouts without permission unless you charge admission.

In any kind of action that scouts could have SEEN, Leonard Henry was outperformed by Marlon Barnes.

Try as you might but you're not going to convince me that there are teams out there clearing a spot on their 53 man roster for a kid who did nothing but average 1 yard per carry in front of them (at the Bucs scrimmage, only a Jaguars scout was present...and I doubt they'd be interested)...based on rumors from Miami newspapers that say the kid looked alright.

Well CK we did give it go..and try if you might, but you want convince us that he doesn't have value..Heavy comp..is just that competition,,if it wasn't competition then the statment wouldn't have been made...But CK I just got to give you credit, if I need a good SPIN Doctor..I don't have to look no furture than you..:-)

A13..Rookies start in this league all the time..we're about to start one named McMicheal..

Well C. Green did not a play a snap. He just practice on a limited basis with the Bucs. But during monday's practice a scout from the Bucs staff came down and watch him during the practice and conceeded the trade. So trust me someone has watch this guy, and knows about him. I understand he has not played well when giving a chance but that's mainly scrubs that his running behind. I would be very dissappointed if they did cut him. I think in the long run he can develop into a good RB.

Originally posted by MDFINFAN
" I'm sure other teams scouts have been at TC and seen that this guy could be worth a shot, he is one tough Sombeach to bring down, cuts well, and has good vision."

Hey Ozzy scouts shouldn't be at our TC unless we charge admission...Maybe they did see him at Tampa..because the admission charge..but other then that they're not support to be at TC..

But your arguments I agree with 100%

No offense to you man, but I got to see that in writing, if you can provide it!

I remember reading something about one reason why Washington started charging was to try and keep other teams scouts out.

You know why I say this? Because during TC, when the fans are allowed to attend, there is no game planning. Not much to do with the playbooks.

Having another team scout some of your players, too me, is an advantage. For the simple fact that one said team might be willing to make a trade for a player that might be cut. Especially when that said team might have to wait 23-24 slots of waivers to get him.

Sorry Oz but in this case you're wrong. I was up in Washington DC and I fully remember the issue up there with charging for training camps.

Danny Snyder's big idea was to charge for training camps so that he could get MONEY for everyone wanting to see the Redskins. The SIDE EFFECT of this, was that by NFL rules, scouts from other NFL teams could attend these practices as long as they buy a ticket. You were thinking of it the opposite way.

If you want confirmation go digging back into the news stories that came out right after our Saturday scrimmage with the Tampa Bay Buccaneers. In one of them it mentions toward the bottom that due to the fact that Disney charged $10 for admission to see the Bucs and Phins scrimmage, NFL scouts from any other team in the league were allowed to attend. The only scout that showed up, however, was a Jaguars scout...and he was most likely just scouting talent that might get cut.

Cornell Green played in the preseason and he played in scrimmage against the Bucs. There was supposedly a Bucs scout at Monday's practice but that is because the team invited him to come and take a look at Cornell Green while the Phins played him with the 1st stringers at right tackle. I'm guessing that the Bucs expressed interest in Green after the scrimmage and preseason game, but since in neither of those did Cornell get the opportunity to line up against some starters, the Bucs wanted to just send a scout over to make sure that if he lined up against starter he wouldn't get made to look like a statue while everyone ran by him.

Oh and I didn't say that Leonard Henry didn't have value. We wouldn't even be considering him for a roster spot if he did. My point HAS always been, that Henry's value has not been communicated to other teams in ways that these other teams can trust enough to spend a valuable roster spot on a guy they weren't willing to draft. What good is it to another team if Henry has value and they don't realize it? Contrary to popular opinion, the lukewarm praise of local (often homeristic) media, does NOT constitute enough "scouting" to give a 7th round pick a valuable roster space.

Oh oh oh, but 'they know'! How? Uhh...they just do!

Thanks CK for the first part...Ozzy I live in Maryland and believe me I know the situation for charging to attend TC..scouts can come..period there are a number of articles on it..and CK just pointed out the Tampa\Miami articles, which are probably in the archives of the Sun..Miami Hearald..

Ck on Henry, we just have to agree to disagree...I bet Tampa or Titians make a play if he's waived...then others...Lets just say..he wouldn't make it back to our PS. Agreed. Ok for you Maybe???:-)

There aren't to many secrets in the NFL. If our coaches have picked up on Henry, I bet most teams know about his too. The NFL gossip is flying at a higher level than ever. There are a few guys that we are wacthing and waiting for another team to cut and that team's fans are probably having the same conversation that we are.

Gimme a break!!! I have to take CK's side on this one...
Do teams know of our 7th round pick??How he performed..
Right now there are about 70 players per team in TC..That means about 2240 players in NFL TC's..thats a lot..
AND remember Leonard is a RB..their are about 5 or 6 on every roster right now...I KNOW he's not the only scrub looking good...every team has a late round pick that they find interesting..L.Henry happens to be one of them...I say he makes it to the PS..

You can't argue with CK becuase no matter what he tell him he is always right.....so let him be.

Originally posted by Pink_Dove
Gimme a break!!! I have to take CK's side on this one...
Do teams know of our 7th round pick??How he performed..
Right now there are about 70 players per team in TC..That means about 2240 players in NFL TC's..thats a lot..
AND remember Leonard is a RB..their are about 5 or 6 on every roster right now...I KNOW he's not the only scrub looking good...every team has a late round pick that they find interesting..L.Henry happens to be one of them...I say he makes it to the PS..

Pink --we're picked as one of the favorites in the league..do you think a lot of teams are not looking at what we have..who we have and matching themselves up against us.???
Are the SF not adding DB's to keep us with the RAM's...We dropped just about all our RB's added a whole new list..do you think teams think we recruited the same mess we let go?? They will be curious to see what we brought in and how well they're doing.

That's why NFL teams have SCOUTS to watch the players of other teams.

No way he makes it to the P-squad being he's young, signed for 3 years and full of potential.

Would Terrell Davis have made it through waivers in his rookie TC? You don't think people knew about him back then, even tho nobody(scouts) could see him, and nobody would "waste" a draft pick on him?

If we couldn't slip Leverette onto the PS, then no way can we slip Henry on there. There are MORE DL in TC than RBs, what was your excuse for that?

It is a small world in the NFL, talent is RARELY hidden.

EVERY TEAM scouted and saw Henry in university, you can count on that. Sometimes you don't draft a player because you are not sure if he can play at another level, but after TC you learn that he can....that is when you pick the guy up. You always knew he had "talent" and now he proves he can cut it. He happens to be at a position of depth on our squad, that is the only reason he is on our bubble.

There is very littel "hidden" knowledge in the NFL......to think otherwise is being naiive.

Back
Top Bottom