We need to keep all 4 of our RBs | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

We need to keep all 4 of our RBs

Well CK..we're know who right as soon as camp ends..there's the situation..Miami will waive either Henry or Edwards..here's the scoop:

DAVIE -- Veteran Robert Edwards or rookie Leonard Henry could be squeezed out of the Dolphins' running back competition. So far, Edwards has gotten the opportunities to show what he can do.

"Well, he (Edwards) hasn't had as much action as what we would have liked because of the running back depth," coach Dave Wannstedt said of Henry, the seventh-round draft choice from East Carolina. "In the next two weeks, he'll get some more opportunities, and we'll have a better chance to evaluate him."

Wannstedt implied that there is one spot in addition to Ricky Williams' and Travis Minor's available, although Henry could be a practice squad candidate.

"I wouldn't think so, no," Wannstedt said when asked if the team would keep Edwards and Henry. In two games, Edwards, who has been slowed by a left groin injury, has had three carries for 4 yards. Henry has yet to carry the ball.

I know CK you think this supports your position..but I don't see it that way..If Henry gets cut and make it to the PS..I will be one of the happiest guys on this board..but I just don't think it will happen.

Just a little input from me on this. I have watched alot of other games in pre-season and I think every game there's been a young unknown RB making plays and looking good. The latest example was Jesse Chatman of San Diego last night. He had a way more impressive game than Henry last night and he may not make the Chargers either.

My point is, there is a chance he could make through wires since there are alot of unknown players making plays and looking strong for teams to choose from when cuts get made.

About the time we Waive Henry and if Edwards stays healthy Henry will be placed on Wavers, there will be 31 other teams having to make cuts and at least 10 RB's will be waived. Theres a good chance Henry clears Waivers.

Originally posted by ckparrothead
Sorry Oz but in this case you're wrong. I was up in Washington DC and I fully remember the issue up there with charging for training camps.

Danny Snyder's big idea was to charge for training camps so that he could get MONEY for everyone wanting to see the Redskins. The SIDE EFFECT of this, was that by NFL rules, scouts from other NFL teams could attend these practices as long as they buy a ticket. You were thinking of it the opposite way.

Oh and I didn't say that Leonard Henry didn't have value. We wouldn't even be considering him for a roster spot if he did. My point HAS always been, that Henry's value has not been communicated to other teams in ways that these other teams can trust enough to spend a valuable roster spot on a guy they weren't willing to draft. What good is it to another team if Henry has value and they don't realize it? Contrary to popular opinion, the lukewarm praise of local (often homeristic) media, does NOT constitute enough "scouting" to give a 7th round pick a valuable roster space.

Oh oh oh, but 'they know'! How? Uhh...they just do!

I'm a little late on commenting to this but here goes.......

I have no problem being wrong, but really I never claimed to be right, just would have loved to see that rule. Only because it makes no real sense IMO, and kind of had me scratching my head.

As for Leonard Henry, it may well be that he could make it to the PS due too a few other no name Rb's making names for themselves this past two weeks. They probably will be snatched up first. I TRUELY WISH YOU TO BE RIGHT ON THIS!!! It opens a roster spot, and if he stays there and an injury comes up then just promote him.

I'll say this, that it looks too me that they are trying to hide Henry so they can get him on the PS......

What has Henry done that makes you think NFL teams will jump at him?????? OK he may be an OK RB right now, he may be a package that could develop into something down the road but what distinguishes him from the dozens of other RB in the same spot as he on NFL rosters??? Henry's college career wasn't such that other teams felt it necessary to use a draft choice on him, his NFL career thus far isn't such that he has risen above any other 3rd or 4th string RB. Teams aren't going to cut a RB a week before the season that they have invested a preseason on grooming to pick up a RB from another team that really hasn't shown any flashes. Now some one may attempt to sign him to their practice squad buit offering him a roster spot straight off I think is slim.

Also even if he makes it onto the PS he could be lost at any moment so there's nothing to feel secure about him being on the PS.

Thats not true DNY most players will give their team the right to match any offer extended to them for a roster spot. Reuben Droughns was an exception because he came from the Detroit roster, wanted to be on the Detroit roster, and Detroit finally made him an offer after he hit our psquad. So he didn't bother saying anything to the phins because why bother Detroit is where he wanted to be.

The Dolphins on the other hand were the only team that told Leonard Henry that they would be willing to draft him in the 7th round, everyone else had told him they might try to sign him undrafted. He's grateful to the Phins and would give us a chance to roster him if someone made an offer to him. We refused to counter the offer Denver made to Brandon Winey, and Leverette never even made it TO the psquad (got claimed by the Skins off waivers).

Back
Top Bottom