We need to keep all 4 of our RBs | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

We need to keep all 4 of our RBs

A kooky idea for Travis Minor

I have no idea what the contract/salary cap implications would be, but what about the possiblility of trading Travis Minor?

I know this is sacrilege, but with Jamal Anderson leaning toward accepting New England's offer (if he accepts ANY offer), perhaps the Colts would be interested.

Huh..J. Anderson in N.E. I though he was close to signing with (darn, I can't remember the team now..but it wasn't in our division.)

Yeah, after Antowain Smith's weak training camp after signing his huge contract in the off-season, must have them scared. Another Smith.....another 2nd year bust.

Like I said before , News in the NFL travels fast and if he has potential some one will certainly pick him up..The Dolphins coaches admit that Henry will be a tough desicion and I believe in the end Henry will make the roster (has too much upside and too risky to put him on the waivers.).I really see all four making the roster because of two reasons.One being that Edwards is fragile and the other is that coaches are not to comfortable having Minor carry the load (of course if Ricky were to get injured.)....You can't never have too many good running back in your roster.

You know Denver carries a whole load of RB's and it never seems to hurt their roster..why are we so concern about carrying 4. Cut A. Mayes...and there you go.

There are more DT's than RB's in TC ? Sorry wrong again Bodzilla...There are way more RB's..
Anyway what have we seen of L.Henry?? Granted he has looked good for a 7th rounder and has some potential..However he hasnt impressed in game situations..Reminds me:
A week ago everybody was praising Levcik as a possible candidate to be our future QB...A week later after a disastrous preseason game people are saying he'll be put on the PS..Things change very quickly don't they..my point is that althought Leonard has impressed in practice it doesnt mean he'll make it and that all the other teams will pounce on him..what if he looks real bad on saturday?? There are a ton of these guys that look good in practice such as Abdul-Jabbar, JJ Johnson etc..teams have enough of them..

My Prediction...

If the Dolphins decide to keep Edwards then I'm going to say that they will, almost without a doubt, keep Henry on the roster. Why? Because that would mean that two of our three half-backs will be guys with a history of injuries. I know RW stayed healthy all last season but you never know what's going to happen; if Edwards jumps in there's no telling how his leg's going to hold up to the rigors of regular season playing, and Minor, as a starting back, is a completely unproven comodotity.

In other words, IMHO, Henry will be on this team one way or the other; if they cut Edwards, he's in, if they keep Edwards, he's in. It's just too important to have that insurance policy around in today's league.

Thats a good point Expo. But then again, if Edwards or Ricky went down with injury they could just activate Leonard Henry from the psquad...

Which brings us back to the original argument. I'm not saying that Henry hasn't shown that he can handle the next level (though I won't say that he has shown it either). I'm saying that he hasn't shown this to OTHER teams. No matter how you mould it, shape it, paint it, or place it, what you guys are TRYING to tell me is that a team is going to dump a guy that they KNOW, that 53rd man on the roster that is a known quantity and who probably has potential (otherwise he wouldn't be the 53rd guy)...you're saying that some team out there is going to dump this guy for a dude who they were not willing to draft (and therefore were not that impressed with in college), who has done dismally during the preseason, based on ONE OR TWO local Miami articles that didn't say the kid showed flashes of greatness...merely said that he's doing better than expected and is competing for a roster spot.

You know there's a perspective problem here. We talk about the kid all the time. We have people go to training camps and report here and give a little tidbit that says "Leonard Henry looked good..." and then all the sudden have a 30 post thread about his prospects and whatnot. Unless you're going to tell me that professional NFL franchises regularly scout private message boards for talent (lol), these scouting services, even if they scan the local miami papers everyday just as we fans do (and trust me this is a ridiculous notion...think about that for a moment...every team having someone responsible for scanning the local stories on every team out there to see if there's some talent who looks good but might try to be hidden on the psquad...not all teams have a convenient Curt Fennel phins links website)....these scouts have only seen a handful of mentionings of Leonard Henry.

And if you recall, these official mentionings have not been glowing...the most positive tidbit IN these papers is a quote from Rick Spielman saying "He kinda grows on you"

You tell me that "word in the NFL travels fast" and "there are very few secrets in the NFL" and I ask you...HOW? How does this word travel so fast? How are secrets shared? How does an NFL scout for a team, find out enough about a kid who did not impress you enough with college play to warrant picking him in the draft, that you will all the sudden guarantee him a roster spot over someone that you know? Aside from admission-charged camps, aside from preseason games, and aside from local newspapers. How?

The bottom line is ya'll are tryin to tell me that lukewarm praise from local newspapers a few times, is enough. And while thats your opinion and thats fine, I'll certainly never share that opinion until I'm proven wrong. Of course if the Phins cut him and he gets picked up off waivers I'll admit I was wrong, even though I'd say that the GM that did it is either crazy or he really liked the kid comin out of college but didn't draft him because he thought nobody else would be interested in drafting the kid so he tried to save himself a pick and sign the guy undrafted FA. THAT possibility does exist, I guess.

CK...in your opinion he hasn't shown it to the rest of the League..the jury's still out on that one..forget it bro..let's move on, we've beat this to death and we all agree to disagree. That's obvious, because non of us has swade from our orginal points..I know I haven't and you've been very eloquint and pointed in your presentations,,but they haven't moved me.

If he plays well against the Texans or Bears, I'm prepared to say that he might get taken off waivers. As of yet, not a chance.

Back
Top Bottom