We would be 12-4 If not for our PLAYERS and REFS and yet it is Wanny's fault?? | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

We would be 12-4 If not for our PLAYERS and REFS and yet it is Wanny's fault??

Prime Time

Screw You Guys..Im Goin Home!!!
Reaction score
If not for a stupid holding call on McMichael against Houston, where RW got down to the 1 yard line, we most likely score a TD, even If we don't we get a FG forcing Houston to score a TD or we win. Then, If Mare doesn't miss a FG, and get another blocked we beat New England. So right there we would be 12-4, up to standards as we should be, and in the playoffs, and yet everyone blames Wanny for our dissapointing season? Get real.

for years under don shula, miami was one of the least penalized teams in the league...they were well coached. discipline, amongst other qualities of winning clubs, is a result of good coaching.

yep....and Ricky missing his 'chip' on Freeny was Wanny's fault too, as was McMichael's missing his block for Jay getting slammed and the list goes on.....I don't particularly love DW but it makes me laugh to hear so many people call for his head when we're 10-6 and a couple of mistakes (on players parts) from being 12-4, 13-3 or.....

The whole team needs to get better, from top to bottom and if we do, we'd be unbeatable.

Originally posted by Prime Time
If not for a stupid holding call on McMichael against Houston, where RW got down to the 1 yard line, we most likely score a TD, even If we don't we get a FG forcing Houston to score a TD or we win. Then, If Mare doesn't miss a FG, and get another blocked we beat New England. So right there we would be 12-4, up to standards as we should be, and in the playoffs, and yet everyone blames Wanny for our dissapointing season? Get real.

yea and if my sister had a dick she be my brother so what:lol: :lol:

The one thing I agree on is that Wanny does not get on his players for missing plays. That he needs to do and I think he will this season.

Originally posted by Fiedler for MVP
for years under don shula, miami was one of the least penalized teams in the league...they were well coached. discipline, amongst other qualities of winning clubs, is a result of good coaching.

That isn't doing anything with response to my first post. The McMichael holding call was utter BS, even the announcers on TV said, nooo that is not holding. And Mare missing two kicks is also due to poor coaching? Come on man.

Originally posted by DolFan31
Prime Time please please please lay off the drugs and get some help.

I fear for your own health.

WTF? What I am stating is clear proof that all of our problems are not because of Wanny. Some are, yes, but not all. As for the insults, all I will say is... :ban:

Have a good day :)

Last edited by a moderator:
how many holding calls weren't BS? how many stupid penalites ruined the NE game for us...everyone remembers the drive where jay was sacked, but there were other drives that were halted by boneheaded offsides and holding calls, at the MOST critical times. how about the mistackiling in the philly game WHICH WE HAD TO HAVE? these guys are undisciplined and this team needs a shakeup.

Im not insulting, im merely expressing my concern for you.

Sure, not all our problems are because of Wanny. But it starts with him. You can defend him all you want, but logic says, it starts with the Head Coach.

Well Wanny promised a #1 passing game??? His first order of business was the LT position???...Drafted a LB with our first pick...He had brought in the oline coach cuz it was his buddy(Carolina's line isnt great but man can they run i believe thats where our old oline coach went)...Same with the special teams coach(How many years of stupid penalties on special teams do we need to go through before something changes???)...Alot of these moves might have something to do with our season dont u think???

Originally posted by DolFan31
Im not insulting, im merely expressing my concern for you.

Sure, not all our problems are because of Wanny. But it starts with him. You can defend him all you want, but logic says, it starts with the Head Coach.

You are not trying to express any concern for me. You are just trying to find a way to get out of the punishment you may recieve for your insults. First off, you don't know me personally, so saying I need help right there proves It was an insult. Secondly, If you knew me, you would know I have never smoked nor drank anything in my life. So next time you want to insult me, try doing it in another fashion.

Originally posted by canadainfin-fan
prime time is right not everything is daves fault but im stupid and need someone to blame i cant help it i hate our qb and thats daves fault
As long as you are willing to admit that :lol: :jk:

But why do they have to be our scape goats? I understand that people dislike them, but why? Because they are not ranked in top 10 at their positions?

The coach isn't on the field, so you are acting like nothing is his fault because he doesn't play. However, Wannstedt does many things very poorly. He is a very bad motivator. He doesn't prepare his team well for games. A good example of this would be the New England game, where we had a few days of extra rest but the team was obviously poorly prepared for the game. The only game where Dave Wannstedt outcoached someone was the first Buffalo game this year, and he outcoached one of the worst coaches in the league who just saw the same fate Wanny should have received. Wanny lets players walk all over him. The only reason players like him is because they can do whatever they want with him around. Also, the players are poorly disciplined on the field. They make stupid mistakes. Lots of offsides, false starts, roughing the passer, etc. That stuff just should not happen.

Is it Wannstedt's fault that Mare missed a kick? No, but the coach is accountable for many other things. Playcalling has been horrible all year, and I think Norv Turner should go as well. Wannstedt is a bad decision maker as well. He throws the red flag out there on calls that just won't get overturned (happened against Philly and @ Buffalo this year.) However, the most boneheaded red flag throw of Wannstedt's career was last year's game at Buffalo. He challenged a play where Bledsoe clearly got in the endzone. The playclock ran out, the referees explained that it was not challengable, and he challenged it anyway!

Also, Wannstedt doesn't make in-game adjustments. If another team is doing something well against us, he does absolutely nothing to stop it. He is just overall a terrible coach. He does many things poorly and it is a shame that he will be coaching this team for another season.

Back
Top Bottom