We would be 12-4 If not for our PLAYERS and REFS and yet it is Wanny's fault?? | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

We would be 12-4 If not for our PLAYERS and REFS and yet it is Wanny's fault??

Shula was also head of the compettition committee during his tenure and it is well rumored that contributed greatly to his teams being the least penalized.

I think you can coach and coach and stress things until you're blue in the face and sometimes guys are still going to commit stupid penalties. Not to mention that more than a few of those penalties were questionable calls by the officials.

as an example I'll use a story about myself....One particular game I remember we had a very important third down....We called a time out and on the sidelines the coach stressed that we can't UNDER ANY CIRCUMSTANCES afford a false start......back on the field, in the huddle I was telling everyone again that we CANNOT JUMP......It was stressed beyond belief....no false start!!!.....break huddle, we're going on two.....I flinched on one.....:(.....Bad coaching??? I don't think so. Dumb move by the player.

Some things, you can't control.

Dave is vilified for not holding players accountable for their mistakes. Well, who was holding Dave responsible for his?? No one.

Now, with somebody holding a sword over Daves head, he won't be able to afford many "we'll get that taken care of" type speeches.....sooner or later our new GM is going to say, "Yes, you will get that taken care of....NOW." Then Wanny will have no choice but to start coming down hard on the players who make these mistakes because he KNOWS his neck is on the line.

Originally posted by Prime Time

You are not trying to express any concern for me. You are just trying to find a way to get out of the punishment you may recieve for your insults. First off, you don't know me personally, so saying I need help right there proves It was an insult. Secondly, If you knew me, you would know I have never smoked nor drank anything in my life. So next time you want to insult me, try doing it in another fashion.

You just cant take any kind of critism about you or your boys Dave & Fiedler. Thats what your problem is.

If not for a stupid holding call on McMichael against Houston, where RW got down to the 1 yard line, we most likely score a TD, even If we don't we get a FG forcing Houston to score a TD or we win. Then, If Mare doesn't miss a FG, and get another blocked we beat New England. So right there we would be 12-4, up to standards as we should be, and in the playoffs, and yet everyone blames Wanny for our dissapointing season? Get real.

Prime Time is right. That Fins got a letter from the league admitting that there was no hold. And Mare is a vet. I don't care who is coaching. It's up to Mare to make the kick. Thus, we are 12-4 if we're not done in by Mare missing the FGs, and an ADMITTED shaft by the officials.

Originally posted by iceblizzard69
The coach isn't on the field, so you are acting like nothing is his fault because he doesn't play. However, Wannstedt does many things very poorly. He is a very bad motivator. He doesn't prepare his team well for games. A good example of this would be the New England game, where we had a few days of extra rest but the team was obviously poorly prepared for the game. The only game where Dave Wannstedt outcoached someone was the first Buffalo game this year, and he outcoached one of the worst coaches in the league who just saw the same fate Wanny should have received. Wanny lets players walk all over him. The only reason players like him is because they can do whatever they want with him around. Also, the players are poorly disciplined on the field. They make stupid mistakes. Lots of offsides, false starts, roughing the passer, etc. That stuff just should not happen.

Actually he also outcoached Bill Parcells by giving their Secondary a nice dosage (sp?) of CC. He may have not prepared them for New England's game but he prepared us well on short time's notice when we had to play Washington then Dallas. But I am not talking about those games, I am talking about two key points in the year that could have turned our season around that are NOT Wanny's fault.

Originally posted by DolFan31
Youre right Mare SHOULD make those kicks. But perhaps we need a kicking coach to help him out.

I guess. He did have one before, but the guy has been kicking for too long to not know what he's doing. He has one job...make kicks.

Actually he also outcoached Bill Parcells by giving their Secondary a nice dosage (sp?) of CC. He may have not prepared them for New England's game but he prepared us well on short time's notice when we had to play Washington then Dallas. But I am not talking about those games, I am talking about two key points in the year that could have turned our season around that are NOT Wanny's fault.

In the Dallas game we just threw the ball well because one of their corners was easy to exploit, so Norv decided to throw it to Chambers deep. The defense didn't play that great in that game. They gave up 21 and it was very close to 28. The only game where Wanny outcoached someone was the Buffalo game, because he came up with a very good gameplan, stuck to it, and we won the game. Besides that, the coaching was pretty bad. Lots of bad gameplans where the team was poorly prepared.

Wannstedt has gotten this team to underachieve. He has a ton of talent and we get 10 wins and no playoffs out of it. This is the second straight year without playoffs, and both years we had a lot of talent. There is no excuse for regression, espicially when the talent level goes up every year. This year, we won one more game, but we were knocked out of the playoff race a week earlier. This team has regressed every year under Wannstedt. This guy does not deserve to have his job back let alone an extension. He ruined the Chicago Bears, and he is in the process of ruining this franchise too.

Originally posted by DolFan31

You just cant take any kind of critism about you or your boys Dave & Fiedler. Thats what your problem is.

I shouldn't have to take CRITICISM (that is how you spell it) about me on this Forum. This is not CriticizePosters.com. This is FH were insults are not tolerated nor permitted. BTW, that was an insult not criticism.

Also, I have taken criticism on this board. One of the few months I was on here, someone called me out by making a thread calling me out asking people to post what they thought of me. I admit I was more of an immature poster, but I stuck through and I said okay, let me tough it out and see what people have to say about me. I have matured as a poster and still have alot more maturing to do on this board, but I know right from wrong, and that was an insult not critcism.

I can take criticism on Jay and Wanny, as long as you support it with facts. Facts are Wanny and Jay are not responsible for missed FGs or a stupid holding penalty. So for them to be our ONLY scapegoats for our "underachieved" season is just down right wrong.

In the Dallas game we just threw the ball well because one of their corners was easy to exploit, so Norv decided to throw it to Chambers deep. The defense didn't play that great in that game. They gave up 21 and it was very close to 28. The only game where Wanny outcoached someone was the Buffalo game, because he came up with a very good gameplan, stuck to it, and we won the game. Besides that, the coaching was pretty bad. Lots of bad gameplans where the team was poorly prepared.

Wannstedt has gotten this team to underachieve. He has a ton of talent and we get 10 wins and no playoffs out of it. This is the second straight year without playoffs, and both years we had a lot of talent. There is no excuse for regression, espicially when the talent level goes up every year. This year, we won one more game, but we were knocked out of the playoff race a week earlier. This team has regressed every year under Wannstedt. This guy does not deserve to have his job back let alone an extension. He ruined the Chicago Bears, and he is in the process of ruining this franchise too.

He will no longer be in control of anything but the coaching, so his grand plan of ruining the franchise, is now out of his control. :whew:

Well we shall see how Wanny handles making the players accountable now that he has someone that won't allow him to just let things go.

I do think that Wanny is at fault in that area take a look at Parcells and Bellipuke. They are not afraid to get rid of dead wight and I think with the worry of losing their jobs makes the players more disciplined.

Mistakes are going to happen but when the accumulate like they have for the Fins somebody needs to be made accountable.

He made the game plan to throw the ball against Dallas, and we did. He outcoached the beloved Bill Parcells. And last year was his fault we missed the playoffs too??? You are kidding me right? We are 9-5 heading into Minnesota, If Cris Carter holds onto a ball in the endzone, we win that game and make playoffs. Wanny's fault Carter drops the ball? Week 17 Vs New England, WIN and we're in. A nice Royals shank job, a pass interference by Fletcher, and a Mare kickoff out of bounds which gave NE the ball on the 40 yard line cost us. So therefore, we miss the playoffs two years in a row and It is Wanny's fault?? Just Wanny's Fault? No Blame goes on anyone else but him? Come on man, get real. Do not make Wanny our scapegoat. Put the blame on the guys who deserve it, just not Wanny and Fiedler because they are not top tier guys at their positions.

I shouldn't have to take CRITICISM (that is how you spell it) about me on this Forum. This is not CriticizePosters.com. This is FH were insults are not tolerated nor permitted. BTW, that was an insult not criticism.

Also, I have taken criticism on this board. One of the few months I was on here, someone called me out by making a thread calling me out asking people to post what they thought of me. I admit I was more of an immature poster, but I stuck through and I said okay, let me tough it out and see what people have to say about me. I have matured as a poster and still have alot more maturing to do on this board, but I know right from wrong, and that was an insult not critcism.

I can take criticism on Jay and Wanny, as long as you support it with facts. Facts are Wanny and Jay are not responsible for missed FGs or a stupid holding penalty. So for them to be our ONLY scapegoats for our "underachieved" season is just down right wrong.

It is critism. Buddy, when you post on a message board, always expect to be criticized because there will always be someone who disagrees with you. My advice to you is just take it. I remember that thread and I will say it was not a very nice thing to do. I disagree with you almost always but Im not going to make a whole thread directed toward bringing you down. Thats not what I do. Ill make a joke or a criticism here and there, just take it and move on. Thats what you expect on any message board. Sorry.

Originally posted by Fiedler for MVP
for years under don shula, miami was one of the least penalized teams in the league...they were well coached. discipline, amongst other qualities of winning clubs, is a result of good coaching.

Not true at all. Many have said that Shula's involvement with the rules committee had a lot to due to with some "favorable" calls. Some people have even said that the refs are "getting back" at the Fins for Shula's involvement with the rules committee. I don't believe the latter, but the former is definitely true.

Here's a thought. Of course we can place the blame on the players. Wanny isn't out there playing.

But, if there are that many players out on the field blowing our season, than it is up to Wanny to make changes. Therefore, it is ALWAYS partly the coach's fault. That just comes with the job.

He made the game plan to throw the ball against Dallas, and we did. He outcoached the beloved Bill Parcells. And last year was his fault we missed the playoffs too??? You are kidding me right? We are 9-5 heading into Minnesota, If Cris Carter holds onto a ball in the endzone, we win that game and make playoffs. Wanny's fault Carter drops the ball? Week 17 Vs New England, WIN and we're in. A nice Royals shank job, a pass interference by Fletcher, and a Mare kickoff out of bounds which gave NE the ball on the 40 yard line cost us. So therefore, we miss the playoffs two years in a row and It is Wanny's fault?? Just Wanny's Fault? No Blame goes on anyone else but him? Come on man, get real. Do not make Wanny our scapegoat. Put the blame on the guys who deserve it, just not Wanny and Fiedler because they are not top tier guys at their positions.

In the Dallas game, Norv made some playcalls that were good ones, and we won because of his playcalling and because Jay was incredibly accurate in that game.

Last year's New England game was the worst coaching job I have ever seen. You seem to think that NOTHING is the coaches fault. A lot of things aren't, but a lot of things are. If this team went 0-16 with all of this talent, you still would say that it isn't the coaches fault because they aren't playing on the field.

Also, I haven't blamed Fiedler in one of my posts. He had some good games this year and some bad games.

Back
Top Bottom