Weather expected to be a factor Sunday(maybe not) | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Weather expected to be a factor Sunday(maybe not)

Easy. Because he will turn around and hand it off to his two stud RB's. He will mix in some option. They can move the ball in these elements.

I keep seeing people say, "just put 8 in the box" to stop the run. If only if it was that easy. Miami's LB's have been inconsistent rallying to the football this year.

BTW, Robert Woods is a weapon for them...you left him out.
You do realize it wasn't the running game that hurt the Dolphins in week 7. Jackson had 36 yards and a 3.3 average. The Bills had less than 90 yards rushing in that game. Jackson did more damage catching the ball. The vaunted rushing attack of the Bills didn't affect the first game nearly as much as 3 costly turnovers the Dolphins committed did.

The good news is that we have a QB who has the arm to throw in heavy winds. This is where arm strength and a tight spiral are paramount. I keep harping on it, but these conditions are the reason you like a guy with a big arm - why Flacco and Big Ben are better playoff QB's than P. Manning. Still, the condition favor Buffalo. The Dolphins and Bills both average 4.2 YPC, but the Bills lead the league in rushing attempts - while we're 29th. Per game, they run the ball 10 more times than we do. I think our issues with run D have been schematic as much as black eye for Wheeler and co. We place a heavier emphasis on stopping the pass, and it shows in both categories. I think hoops is right when he says it should be like our game against the Jets - where we weren't particularly afraid of the pass. Bring Jones down into the box and dare them to throw.

You do realize it wasn't the running game that hurt the Dolphins in week 7. Jackson had 36 yards and a 3.3 average. The Bills had less than 90 yards rushing in that game. Jackson did more damage catching the ball. The vaunted rushing attack of the Bills didn't affect the first game nearly as much as 3 costly turnovers the Dolphins committed did.

No doubt about the turnovers. In turn, the Fins need to get to plus 2 or 3 in one of these games.

However, I respect Spiller and Jackson more than you I guess.

No doubt about the turnovers. In turn, the Fins need to get to plus 2 or 3 in one of these games.

Respect or fear? I don't see the Bills running game as being significantly better than any other we have faced this year. This team has come a long way over the last 6 weeks and should be able to win in Buffalo regardless of the wind. Beating the Steelers in the snow and cold was huge and should ease a lot of concerns that the Dolphins need to play in pristine conditions.

Respect or fear? I don't see the Bills running game as being significantly better than any other we have faced this year. This team has come a long way over the last 6 weeks and should be able to win in Buffalo regardless of the wind. Beating the Steelers in the snow and cold was huge and should ease a lot of concerns that the Dolphins need to play in pristine conditions.

Ummm...fear. I have seen the Bills too many times in these conditions and salt the game away by having their QB throw 10 times and they run for 250 yards in a win. Spiller and Jackson are the best combo of RB's we have faced IMO.

The good news is that we have a QB who has the arm to throw in heavy winds. This is where arm strength and a tight spiral are paramount. I keep harping on it, but these conditions are the reason you like a guy with a big arm - why Flacco and Big Ben are better playoff QB's than P. Manning. Still, the condition favor Buffalo. The Dolphins and Bills both average 4.2 YPC, but the Bills lead the league in rushing attempts - while we're 29th. Per game, they run the ball 10 more times than we do. I think our issues with run D have been schematic as much as black eye for Wheeler and co. We place a heavier emphasis on stopping the pass, and it shows in both categories. I think hoops is right when he says it should be like our game against the Jets - where we weren't particularly afraid of the pass. Bring Jones down into the box and dare them to throw.

absolutely...especially with a qb missing his top wr weapon and who isn't all that great a pocket passer to begin with...does most his damages in the screen game when you blitz him and they guess right...add in the wind and yeah if he's gonna beat me he's gonna do it with his wrs making plays and terrific throws...i don't believe he can play that game

load up the box with 8 defenders and play assignment football and bring pressure from different positions so you don't get gashed by screens...drop some bring some...not a hard gameplan at all...just got to execute...

wheeler wasn't too bad against the jets...lb play vs the run in that one was pretty solid...i expect this week will be the same cause the bills are not gonna be very dynamic in the passing game and so they shouldn't be too confused or worried about assignments and can sit on a lot of run looks etc...fill gaps and shut down the run that o's toast

our lbs should be able to cover the tight end much more athletic in that regard so yeah we could give up some misdirection pa stuff there but all in all make em nickle and dime you all the way down the field in the passing game from the pocket and dont just give em stuff and they won't get much done

that qbs not any good...make him play in the pocket with no run game and curtains

Ummm...fear. I have seen the Bills too many times in these conditions and salt the game away by having their QB throw 10 times and they run for 250 yards in a win. Spiller and Jackson are the best combo of RB's we have faced IMO.
We are playing against Thad Lewis and in all likelihood, he won't have Stevie Johnson. They can drop Jones into the box and make Lewis beat him with his arm. No reason why the Dolphins shouldn't win this game and I am willing to bet they win by 10 pts.

Folks. The wind is BRUTAL. This is NOT a break for us.

brokenrecord-1.jpg

This is no way to live any aspect your life. Respect everyone, fear no one. Fear, SMDH, no wonder we see so many negative/Debbie Downer comments from you. You must live your life as a nervous wreck.

I'm going to write a script that posts like Hayden Fox. Every single post will be some variation on the following:

1. Opposing coach is going to be a great coach.
2. I have no faith in Joe Philbin.
3. Going to be a tough game, very dangerous.
4. The weather is going to be a HUGE factor, watch out.
5. I'm very nervous about this upcoming game.

Doesn't matter if we're playing Jacksonville or Denver, you can always count on Hayden Bot to gets your hopes down.

Back
Top Bottom