Weather was a factor | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Weather was a factor

Good Lord. This was his 4th game...normally you get 4 preseason games before anything counts...
I get it, but none of the other rookie qbs had preseason either and they haven't had a single game as ineffective as Tua's Rams or Broncos starts.

I think i am pretty fit. I walk up flight of stairs everyday in the office, no problem. Last year I went to Yellow stone park, i was sucking wings after about fifty steps of stairs.
When I'm training for mountain hikes I do the equivalent of about 1600 feet of elevation twice a week on actual stairs. When I get above 5500 feet I'm certainly sucking air a lot differently even if my body is trained.

I get it, but none of the other rookie qbs had preseason either and they haven't had a single game as ineffective as Tua's Rams or Broncos starts.
I think as the youngest team in the league, with a ton of rookies playing major roles, no preseason hit us harder than it would most teams.

For folks grew up in cold weather, high fourties is tank top weather. For kids from Hawaii and played at Bama, it must feel like frozen tundra. Tua wasn't comfortable from tht getgo. The whole team seems lack of energy. And feels like there was a certain degree of trap mentality set in.

The weather was not a factor. I know because I am in Denver right now. If you canā€™t play football in this beautiful weather, you are not a football player. It was NICE out. Seriously.

To a point I agree. Circumstances are different though. Burrow for instance had 141 pass attempts in his first three starts. Miami doesnā€™t need to throw that often because they arenā€™t as inept as Cincy is. Herbert threw 107 passes in his first three starts. Again, this is needed bc his team isnā€™t that good. Though he has thrown for over 300 yards in 5 of his 9 starts. The guy slings it a lot but heā€™s pretty good at it already.

For folks grew up in cold weather, high fourties is tank top weather. For kids from Hawaii and played at Bama, it must feel like frozen tundra. Tua wasn't comfortable from tht getgo. The whole team seems lack of energy. And feels like there was a certain degree of trap mentality set in.
There also is an impact of a sea level team traveling and playing in oxygen deprived ā€œmile highā€...maybe the larger impact physically.

With that said, winners overcome the obstacles, past Dolphin teams won there.

Excuses are like buttholes.....every homer has one and it smells bad....

Tua is a rookie, bad games happen, HOWEVER, I have questions still about him as an NFL QB.
Your comment seems to put the blame on 1 person for some reason. The 1 person out of everyone in the game that we should expect bad games from since its only his 4th game. The bigger issue IMO is that the entire team played like they were all rookies with no experience. I am a lot more concerned about the rest of the team than Tua. The O-line was horrible and you can not expect any rookie QB to play well without time to throw the ball. The D-line was just as bad and forgot how to tackle people. The WR's created zero separation, even on catches, the DB's were all over them. This site makes me laugh sometimes. All the wins Tua had were called team wins. Now everyone is blaming Tua on something that was a COMPLETE and TOTAL TEAM collapse.

Your comment seems to put the blame on 1 person for some reason. The 1 person out of everyone in the game that we should expect bad games from since its only his 4th game. The bigger issue IMO is that the entire team played like they were all rookies with no experience. I am a lot more concerned about the rest of the team than Tua. The O-line was horrible and you can not expect any rookie QB to play well without time to throw the ball. The D-line was just as bad and forgot how to tackle people. The WR's created zero separation, even on catches, the DB's were all over them. This site makes me laugh sometimes. All the wins Tua had were called team wins. Now everyone is blaming Tua on something that was a COMPLETE and TOTAL TEAM collapse.
The whole team was capable of playing a lot better.

Altitude folks, I lived in the Springs for 2 years. It took me almost two months to be able to throw back a 6 pack when I first moved there and I breath Jersey air everyday. Oh yeah, they have nice reminders all over the stadium. I believe they used to have posted in the visitor locker rooms.
1606134208944.png

Did I state TUA was the whole reason, of course not...perhaps rereading my posting a couple of times might help with the clarity.

I did however state "I have questions about TUA", the questions are simple.

1. Is he a difference-maker worthy of the #5 overall pick? So far not seeing enough to make me smile. I'm not frowning but I am not smiling.
2. Is his arm NFL caliber? I see more Chad Pennington level (pre injury), works well within the numbers, a 15-20yrd deep out, well I have questions.
3. Is he too small? I don't know, bigger than Kyler...yes, but is that enough?
4. Speed, he is a smaller QB, is he as quick as Russell Wilson, nope...., more of a Drew Brees....is that enough?
5. Injury history, well documented and he seems to get hit awkwardly more than I would like.....can he last?

What I want is a QB who can elevate a team, not just play as a cog in a machine.

Did see some Tua passes sailing high.

Probably thinner air?

But I didn't see our players like gasping for air.

And no intensive care via oxygen masks etc. on sidelines.

I bet our medical team sucks!

>>> totally outrageous!

šŸ˜·

There also is an impact of a sea level team traveling and playing in oxygen deprived ā€œmile highā€...maybe the larger impact physically.

With that said, winners overcome the obstacles, past Dolphin teams won there.
Is it that big of a deal? I thought it was, though I can't recall any personal references. I don't think I've ever been in high altitude. Okay, I went to CO when my grandmother died a while ago, but I didn't have to perform at a professional athlete's level. I'm leaning toward the thin air being an issue. That should be on the FO though. They should have flown out a day early.

Back
Top Bottom