Welcome To Miami John Harbaugh?? | Page 17 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Welcome To Miami John Harbaugh??

what’s this trading 2 first round picks talk for John Harbaugh? Where does that even come from?

He comes here to play underling to Chris Grier I will eat my shoe.

Just can’t see it

That's what the Ravens said they want. While that's a fine negotiating tactic -- start high and work your way in -- I'll eat my hat if they get that. Heck, I'll eat Brock Osweiler's hat.

Joe Schad said tonight on NBC sports final that he spoke to a source close to Ross who told him Ross has a burning desire to hire John Harbaugh.

Joe Schad said tonight on NBC sports final that he spoke to a source close to Ross who told him Ross has a burning desire to hire John Harbaugh.

But I thought he just clarified the org structure so all football decisions go through Grier? I want Harbaugh too, but if Ross is already meddling in the structure he set up not even a week ago, that’s a huge problem. This needs to be Grier’s decision

But I thought he just clarified the org structure so all football decisions go through Grier? I want Harbaugh too, but if Ross is already meddling in the structure he set up not even a week ago, that’s a huge problem. This needs to be Grier’s decision

I get your point and see/agree in theory, but I honestly couldn't care less about a lackluster GM who has been mediocre from what we can tell during his entire tenure here. He should have been fired with the others.

I get your point and see/agree in theory, but I honestly couldn't care less about a lackluster GM who has been mediocre from what we can tell during his entire tenure here. He should have been fired with the others.

Well, I think I saw something last night about Ozzy retiring...soooo I guess if Ross wants him too....

It could be that it’s not just Ross that wants him here.

Well, I think I saw something last night about Ozzy retiring...soooo I guess if Ross wants him too....

That was my #1 wish pre Gase firing. Knew he was retiring and thought give him 2 Brinks trucks and full power and do his thing..Don't see him changing his mind and coming back if so though he'd probably want to be back with the Ravens again, for they were on excellent terms.

Ross, IMO would do whatever was necessary within reason to sign Harbaugh. Grier's responsibilities in this area with a Harbaugh would be whatever needed to make this deal work, whatever. So called structure not made in concrete or steel and would not be even a small problem. They'd work together or Harbaugh would have final say and that would also be a Harbaugh decision. Think Harbaugh could want whatever and Mr Ross would be tickled pink and actually IMO also the right thing to do....

Giving Harbaugh complete control opens up the possibility of a complete and utter failure. There haven't been many coaches who've had complete control, who've been overly successful. Add in the lost draft picks and the rebuild becomes a bit more difficult if the Coach/GM can't deliver the goods. Ross' infatuation with The Harbaugh Family is Creepy!!!

Why do people think Harbaugh wants complete control?

You really need an answer to that ?

It's not a far fetch idea that if you are making the meal you'd like to buy the groceries... But with Harbaugh its just a Fan hunch not a fact as of this moment..

No way in hell Harbaugh, a Super Bowl winning head coach, comes to the Dolphins and let’s Chris Grier (a guy with no record of sustained success) dictates his future. Not a chance in hell.

Giving Harbaugh complete control opens up the possibility of a complete and utter failure. There haven't been many coaches who've had complete control, who've been overly successful. Add in the lost draft picks and the rebuild becomes a bit more difficult if the Coach/GM can't deliver the goods. Ross' infatuation with The Harbaugh Family is Creepy!!!

Actually my point was if, again, IF, Harbaugh would not take the job because he'd wanted say so over who he wants to coach (players ), can't see that stopping a hire due to the fact he's way more important than Grier and truthfully who's to say he wouldn't be light years ahead of whatever we have now.. It pretty much a crap shot either way. Ideally for some, they work together which has been Harbaughs position in the past, but then he was working with Ozzie Newsome...

Ross's infatuation with Gase and T-bomb was Creepy... Harbaugh brings a little logic and sanity to the picture...IMO

Last edited:
It’s all up to Harbaugh. If he says he wants to coach Miami, then the leverage shifts from Baltimore to Miami because if Baltimore is engaging Miami in trade talks that’ll mean Harbaugh is interested and Miami knows Baltimore will probably take anything to keep him from coming back since it’ll be likely he’ll walk next season anyways if not traded.People need to chill about these 2 first round picks. No one is doing that for Harbaugh.

It may end up being a 1st round swap ( ravens pick 23 I believe), and a late pick (round 3 or 4) and or player. People really wouldn’t do that for a proven coach?

Back
Top Bottom