Welcome to QB-Mart! | Page 5 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Welcome to QB-Mart!

Originally posted by Gladsadmad
Oh, don't get me wrong..they're not that different. They both play on teams that have the same philosophy...great defense..running game..minimal mistakes on offense.

The Deciding factor?..performing in the clutch..in the playoffs

Why didn't the Dolphins at least get to an AFC Championship under Jay Fiedler? The defense let us down somewhat in those games...giving up 21.3 pts a game...but the offense? PATHETIC..less than 9 pts a game. Jay Fiedler?..1 TD 7 INT's..that's just embarrassing.

Jake Delhomme (3-0 in the playoffs) 3 TD's 1 INT's..that's clutch!

The numbers just don't lie. The results don't lie.

Stats don't lie, but they don't tell all the truth either...

Miami was behind in all their Post Season games with JF, at the begining of the 4th quarter (14-3, 14-7 and 27-0). Their defense unit failed to pick up any INT in those 3 games. JF had 1 TD, 1 fumble and 3 INTS in those 3 games.

Carolina was ahead in all their Post Season games at the start of the 4th quarter (23-3, 16-12, and 14-3). Their defensive unit picked up 8 INT in these 3 games (5 in the second half)...

Now in the Rams game JD had a fumble in the Rams 6 yd line and was recovered by Carolina in the endzone (Car TD). Case in point if the Rams recovered the fumble (-7 points Car), they might have won the game without going into OT and Carolina would be out of the PS. JD record would have been 2TD 1 INT and 1 Fumble...

Now the Carolina DEFENSE came to play in the PS, the Dolphins defense, with all those probowlers never showed up in theirs.

Just my view of those same stats....

GOOO FIIINZ

:cooldude:

Last edited by a moderator:
Originally posted by NavyFishFan
Call it nit-picking...but CC had to slow up to make that catch. Put a first class cover guy on that play and it never happens.

That CB was playing WAY back the rest of the game. If Chambers started running at him, he'd just turn around and start sprinting towards the endzone. :lol: Phil Simms even kinda joked about it.

Originally posted by Muck

Actually I don't, because it's not exactly legal. ;) That one was from an old (and extremely worn out) VHS I transfered over. I've created hundreds of those clips.

Ahhh ok....was just gonna throw a vid together that fellow fans would hopefully appreciate. All credit given to the NFL and the artist(s) of course ;)

Originally posted by Disnardo

Stats don't lie, but they don't tell all the truth either...

Miami was behind in all their Post Season games with JF, at the begining of the 4th quarter (14-3, 14-7 and 27-0). Their defense unit failed to pick up any INT in those 3 games. JF had 1 TD, 1 "fumble and 3 INTS in those 3 games.

Carolina was ahead in all their Post Season games at the start of the 4th quarter (23-3, 16-12, and 14-3). Their defensive unit picked up 8 INT in these 3 games (5 in the second half)...

Now in the Rams game JD had a fumble in the Rams 6 yd line and was recovered by Carolina in the endzone (Car TD). Case in point if the Rams recovered the fumble (-7 points Car), they might have won the game without going into OT and Carolina would be out of the PS. JD record would have been 2TD 1 INT and 1 Fumble...

Now the Carolina DEFENSE came to play in the PS, the Dolphins defense, with all those probowlers never showed up in theirs.

Just my view of those same stats....

GOOO FIIINZ

Well, I'm not going to deny that Miami's defense didn't perform like a champion in those games...in fact I mentioned in a post already..."The defense let us down somewhat in those games...giving up 21.3 pts a game"..but did it occur to you that Jay Fiedler might have had something to do with Miami trailing in those games going into the 4th qtr?

Jay threw 3 int's in the Colts game..yet we only trailed 14-7..it could've been worse....one could argue that the defense kept us in it. Jay threw a INT for a TD in the Raiders game after the defense forced a 3-and-out...he couldn't lead a scoring drive the whole stinkin' game.

If you read this entire thread you may have also noticed that I am not a Jay-hater. I still thought he could get the job done going into the 2003 season. How can anyone possibly make an excuse for 1 TD and 7 INT's in the playoffs?

"Miami was behind in all their Post Season games with JF, at the begining of the 4th quarter (14-3, 14-7 and 27-0). Their defense unit failed to pick up any INT in those 3 games."

This quote has me at a loss. You do realize that in those 3 examples you mention..Miami's offense (led by Fiedler) has a total of 10 points in 9 quarters!..yet you place more blame on the defense for not getting INT's. Absurd..I'm sorry.

Originally posted by dolfan06
don't you think both buffalo games and the dallas game was big!

So, I actually have to explain what I meant by "big" games? Are you serious?

I'll put it to you this way...did Miami win the games you mentioned?..YES..Did Miami win the biggest of big games in New England?..NO..

By the way, in those two "big" games against Buffalo..Jay Fiedler was 24-45 for 200 yds (Combined!) 2 TD's and 3 INT's ( one for a TD) ..yeah, he really came up big to help the Fins win those 2 games..

Hey Gladsadmad, I have to agree with you on some of your opinions. But in big games and I call them the ones in the playoffs, or those that get you there, you need a team effort to win.

Yes JF and the O-unit, played terrible in those games, it was disgusting to see, and I am not a JF hater or hugger either. The O-units did not show up to play in those 2 losses in the PS. You can say that the defensive unit keep the game close so victory could be in their grasp, but to no avail...

...and this year in the first NE game the ST failed us by missing FGs after the O-unit completed long drives...

...the second NE game the O-unit and JF failed us again, giving the only TD score to them...

...the Phili game also was a no show for another part of our team. Our defense unit failed to slow down or stop them...

Bottom line, you need the whole team executing to win BIG GAMES. When it's a BIG GAME, this team always finds a way to loose, over the last 17 years. Always one part of this team, O-unit, D-unit, or ST, fails to show up...

GOOO FIIINZ

Originally posted by Gladsadmad

So, I actually have to explain what I meant by "big" games? Are you serious?

I'll put it to you this way...did Miami win the games you mentioned?..YES..Did Miami win the biggest of big games in New England?..NO..

By the way, in those two "big" games against Buffalo..Jay Fiedler was 24-45 for 200 yds (Combined!) 2 TD's and 3 INT's ( one for a TD) ..yeah, he really came up big to help the Fins win those 2 games..
i disagree, at times jay did come up with some big plays, the problem is he can alternate between good and bad. he's not consistent!;)

Back
Top Bottom